RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Will Any 2.4ghz Receiver Work With One Remote? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11161912-will-any-2-4ghz-receiver-work-one-remote.html)

pyromatic177 07-19-2012 06:40 PM

Will Any 2.4ghz Receiver Work With One Remote?

Well as you can see in the title. Atm i have an fsgt2 remote and i got a second car and eventually i want to switch over 2 the Traxxas TQI and i was wondering if i can just buy a plain 4ch receiver is if it will work with any remote or do i have to buy a Traxxas onr for it to work with the TQi?

SyCo_VeNoM 07-19-2012 06:46 PM

RE: Will Any 2.4ghz Receiver Work With One Remote?

99.999999% chance traxxas only
each brand has their own way to transmit data, and decode the carrier.

futureboy1969 07-19-2012 06:46 PM

Tx and RX have to match

SyCo_VeNoM 07-19-2012 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: futureboy1969

Tx and RX have to match

well that is mostly true except in some radios cases that they are just relabels of others. Like the GT2, HK(i forgot the number), and a few others all are compatible.
Or then you get others like the orange RX's that say they work with certain radios.
But I've never seen a single thing say it was compatible with traxxas's TQI, and I'm betting on the 99.9999999% its proprietary to traxxas ;)

pyromatic177 07-19-2012 07:16 PM

Stinkin Traxxas LOL. How about Spektrum? i may get one of those instead.

SyCo_VeNoM 07-19-2012 07:51 PM

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Spektrum.html
no clue how they are one of the fly boys said they worked good for his spectrum that he uses in his planes

phmaximus 07-19-2012 11:49 PM

yep u need the traxxas recivers, they are only $30 for the ones with telemerty. PN # 6518

The older link recivers work with the TQi PN #2218 & #2218x

Not bad if u ask me $30 for a 5ch RX with telemerty.

There is a new update for the TQi that makes binding even easyer ATM.

U can bind up to 30 models and name each one, as well as have multiply setups for each car. all u need to do is buy, bind, and name.

tell ya what its weird downloading updates for my r/c cars, had to do a firmware update the other day

phmaximus 07-19-2012 11:53 PM

have a read of....... [link=http://investors.cypress.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=690879]this[/link]

Foxy 07-20-2012 12:02 AM

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Stinkin Traxxas LOL. How about Spektrum? i may get one of those instead.
Spektrum are no better than bog average and their receivers are expensive. Why do you want to use the Traxxas tx?

Just get a FS GT3B and 7 receivers delivered for 100 bucks :)

pyromatic177 07-20-2012 06:09 AM

I kinda like the idea of putting telemetry on my E-revo. and also using the remote with my Buggy too!

phmaximus 07-20-2012 06:43 AM

Don't knock the TQi till u try it with a iPod, it makes end points so easy, infact all the settings are dead easy.
One of the best features is its built on adjustable training mode. I use it for the kids all the time, all I do is set it, them pull the iPod out so if they drop the controller it's no hasstles. Then to deactivate it just re dock the iPod and push the button....
I might have to make a video one day to show u guys.

And come on 5ch.... Can't beat that for a pistol grip controller

thehuntingterminator 07-21-2012 11:02 AM

I agree. An iPod or iPhone makes the tuning process easier than ever. Sure, I'm not a huge apple fan, but I do like thee radios too. The Fly Sky's are good too though for the price. I own a couple.

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Don't knock the TQi till u try it with a iPod, it makes end points so easy, infact all the settings are dead easy.
One of the best features is its built on adjustable training mode. I use it for the kids all the time, all I do is set it, them pull the iPod out so if they drop the controller it's no hasstles. Then to deactivate it just re dock the iPod and push the button....
I might have to make a video one day to show u guys.

And come on 5ch.... Can't beat that for a pistol grip controller

pyromatic177 07-21-2012 11:56 AM

Yeah i'm not really sure what i'm going to do yet

robwiljas 07-21-2012 09:34 PM

Yeah the TQi is awesome with an iPod/iPhone, I wouldn't give mine up for anything. I've owned Spektrum and Futaba FASST 2.4ghz systems and pretty much every other brand in AM or FM and the TQi with iPod is by far my favorite. I agree with you phmaximus it does feel weird downloading updates for my controller lol.