RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   parts for Tower Hobbies Cutback 4x4 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/11672429-parts-tower-hobbies-cutback-4x4.html)

TVR4 11-29-2019 05:29 PM

parts for Tower Hobbies Cutback 4x4

A friend gave me his old Tower Hobbies Cutback 4x4 truck and there are some parts that need to be replaced.
I could not find anything on the Tower Hobbies web site.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

RustyUs 12-01-2019 04:58 AM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...k-chassis.html

RustyUs 12-01-2019 06:28 AM

I did a really quick search. Didn't come up with much. I even checked ModelsportUK, and they don't list the Maverick "wolves" anymore. I'll let you dig deep in the interwebs. I checked HPI/Maverick's website and couldn't find the manual for the Timberwolf, or Desertwolf.

The Cutback was popular for about two seconds; had a very short life in the RC world. If it were me in the same situation, and I couldn't easily find parts, I'd move on to a new platform. Especially, if it's your only RC to play with. There is nothing like typing in a part number; part(s) in shopping cart, and being shipped to your door....all in a matter of minutes (sometimes, even seconds).

TVR4 12-08-2019 04:45 PM

I don't understand how this can help. I looked around that site and there are no parts.

How can I find parts for the Cutback, either original or compatible parts ?

RustyUs 12-09-2019 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by RustyUs (Post 12567254)
I did a really quick search. Didn't come up with much. I even checked ModelsportUK, and they don't list the Maverick "wolves" anymore. I'll let you dig deep in the interwebs. I checked HPI/Maverick's website and couldn't find the manual for the Timberwolf, or Desertwolf.

The Cutback was popular for about two seconds; had a very short life in the RC world. If it were me in the same situation, and I couldn't easily find parts, I'd move on to a new platform. Especially, if it's your only RC to play with. There is nothing like typing in a part number; part(s) in shopping cart, and being shipped to your door....all in a matter of minutes (sometimes, even seconds).

Originally Posted by TVR4 (Post 12568737)
I don't understand how this can help. I looked around that site and there are no parts.

How can I find parts for the Cutback, either original or compatible parts ?

Exactly. That's why I said I'll let you dig deep.

I encourage anyone buying/appropriating a used RC to look for parts support before getting their hopes up. You can often find pieces to modify and fit. How much time and effort a person wants to put into keeping something running, is up to them.

RustyUs 12-09-2019 11:17 AM

I was very interested in purchasing a 4wd SCT. The Cutback caught my eye, back then, when looking for a low budget short course truck. Some poor reviews came in, and I went in another direction. A short time later...it's (Cutback) discontinued. That was many years ago.:(

TVR4 12-09-2019 11:34 AM

I completely understand the various opinions. However I can not afford to buy a new RC kit.

My neighbor gave me the cutback complete with radio, receiver, motor and two NiMh batteries. All I had to add was an ESC. After that I decided to purchase two LiPo batteries.

I used to be into this many years ago and have 4 other vehicles, all 75mhz AM. I have a 1/10 Formula 1, 1/16 Formula 1, a 1/10 1950 Mercury and a Turbo Raider Pro off road buggy.

The older vehicles are nowhere as demanding on batteries or other hardware. But I am looking to upgrade the big F1 car to current technology.
​At some point I may be able to purchase another 4x4 truck. But for the near future I cant afford a big purchase