RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Subaru Impreza WRC 1/10 Bycmo (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/1819519-subaru-impreza-wrc-1-10-bycmo.html)

madgeo10 08-21-2006 05:53 AM

RE: Subaru Impreza WRC 1/10 Bycmo

Hi to everyone!
I would like to ask how much time does the bettery for impreza wrc 1/10 needs to be recharched

madgeo10 08-21-2006 05:59 AM

ORIGINAL: steve_b9

hi john

good to hear from you again.
hopefully i should have abit of money comin my way in the next week or so, so when it does i'll be goin to microtechracing.co.uk and buying the schumacher mission s1 for £99, i will be salvaging the receiver, servo, speed controll, motor, batteries and the gears. hopefully i can find my heatsink which i think went down the drain, or ill have to buy another one.

look at the specs for the schumacher mission s1 :

Power Source: ELECTRIC
Model Type: 4WD, ON-ROAD, COMPETITION
Length: 259mm
Width: 253mm
Track: 190mm
Top Speed: 40 MPH
Build State: KIT
New twin track, ballraced, limited slip ball differentials. Now with tungsten carbide balls as standard - Long life super smooth action, with low rotating mass for fast acceleration.
New variable internal ratio (1.8:1 or 2.1:1) This unique feature allows your gear ratio to be optimized to your motor wind, for both short technical and fast open circuits.
New rear inboard toe-in options for excellent traction on slippery surfaces.
Side saddle chassis takes stick and saddle pack cells - your choice.
New front inboard toe-out options for more front end bite on slippery surfaces.
New dual belt zero angled transmission - Ultimate efficiency
New large differential and layshaft pulleys to minimize belt loading without the belt jumping, maximizes belt efficiency.
Purple alloy motor mount as standard
24 Piece ball bearing set - Ultra low rolling resistance, includes ballraced steering.
Front and rear anti-roll (sway) bars included
New body mounting system - Offers greater body stability
Low friction belt tensioner - Accurate belt adjustment.
Lightweight foam bumper - Weight saving protection.
Variable wheelbase - Ultimate tuning
Purple alloy shock bodies.
Lightweight alloy differential outputs and 'blade' driveshafts.
New 'UltraFlex' belts - Latest technology

Equipment Needed

Motor
7.2V Battery (Stick or saddle)
Charger
Electronic Speed Controller
2 Channel Radio Control

go here for pictures and more info

http://www.racing-cars.com/products.asp?recnumber=261

sounds realy good doesnt it.

and to think we paid £250+ for a peice of crap.
well at least it got my in to a hoddy and gave my abit more experience.

thanx john
see ya,
steve
hi steve do you know how much time does the battery needs to be recharched

NissanSkylineR34 10-23-2006 07:12 PM

Well this thread hasn't been revived in a while. I have this model too. I am in a way glad that I got it because it gave me loads of expiereance in building it and not mention the hours I have spent fixing the thing. I think its a good starter car if you wanted an easy way to learn the basics and so on though I would not reccomend it. Get a kit one, its cheaper and comes in one not loads of little parts every week.

The charger takes 12-14 hours to charge for 8-14 minutes of run time. Ypu should just buy a sepertae one!
I hope to upgrade and add another ready built Nitro car to my collection of cars to!

swisssh 12-30-2006 04:10 AM

I wish I knew about this forum earlier, early in 2005 i finished my subaru (finally) and tested it for the first time only to find that the gears inside the gearbox were ripping, I knew it had to be the differential so after pulling it apart and putting it back together several times i still had the problem so I took it into my local hobby shop where they told me they had never seen this type of diff before so i couldnt get a replacement from them. I didn't want to go back to the newsagent to see if i could get another diff because I thought I would just get another one exactly the same with the same problems so since then my big waste of money has just been gathering dust.

I might go into the newsagent and try my luck with another diff but its probably too late now. Would there be any other way to get replacement or upgrade parts for this subaru?

Mr.Sticky 01-22-2007 05:08 AM

G'day Swisssh,
For spares for this model - - - - - - try www.sbc.gb.com.
They mail order to Oz, they give advice, and they don't bull-s**t.

Regards,
Mr.Sticky

* * * * * * The diff was modified and since then the new ones last as longer. * * * * * *

SubaruJoe 01-26-2007 06:34 AM

hey i build this car to i live in australia you know that site you were talking bout mr.sticky www.sbc.gb.com was i to late to get parts for my car? because it is under construction but it has been like that for a while? do you know if i could get parts for my car in australia?

mark.b 01-26-2007 12:51 PM

[:@] biggest pile of cr*p i ever wasted my money on , six diffs later and probably about 18 minutes run time later in total , mine has been stripped down for the screws and tyres etc the rest , junked , over two hundred pounds it cost , plus another seventy in replacement diffs from sgb , my advice , save your money , i wish i had , bought a tamiya tt-01 for fifty pounds , great car , really reliable

dangerdamo 04-18-2007 04:33 PM

hi steve

I have my bycmo subaru for about 4 month now and i have not had a another gearbox

dangerdamo 04-18-2007 04:36 PM

hi steve

I have had my bycmo subaru for 4 months now and i have not got another gearbox

Can u phone the people 4 me

opti 08-29-2007 07:35 AM

HI everyone

Do you have a solution about the diff. for this car. I am trying to get the part but cant find a marchand. i leave in montreal quebec canada. if you have a solution. i broke the diff. yesterday after 5 full run whit a 3000nimh and a new esc novak.

thanks all

ThaRobster 08-02-2008 12:40 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was fortunate enough to be given one of these by a friend of mine who never managed to get it working, although after a little poking around, it turns out that it is his fault since the wiring was terrible!

I've read through this thread and I'm sorry to see that so many people have had problems with it, I've had mine running a couple of times now and I'm waiting for the Diff to go! Having said that, it is definately brilliant fun, and I think this has got me hooked on RC Cars. :D

yaris 09-07-2008 07:53 PM

I stipped the pinion gear on mine and I want to know if this gear is standard, so I could get a remplacement at any hobby shop, ans is there any place to get parts for that in quebec?

BadNoddy 01-06-2009 03:36 PM

Righty guys first off, heya to all **Ice broken - job done :D**

Up to now i've not had any real problems with the car - not even the diff! (although the problems with "AGO" were unreal)

However I've managed to snap the rear wheel spindle holder and therefore I've now got no drive. Does anybody have said part of even a box of parts that I would be able to have for £££?

Noddy

IwMunt 03-10-2009 12:39 AM

Hello! Do you mean the dogbone cup? I have a couple if you are still interested? I actually have a whole rolling chassis for sale.
Let me Know.
Cheers

BadNoddy 03-12-2009 05:47 AM

How much would you be after for the whole rolling chassis?

RON13R 03-29-2009 04:18 AM

Hi all
just found your forum and i have a few of these mags i need to offload.sorry im not into rc stuff...but may be some day

i have issues 9,10,12,46,2 x 51,2 x 53,and 2 x55 all still sealed with the car parts

I am in milton keynes england

would preffer collection

[email protected]

cheers

gary

dust75 04-05-2009 08:35 PM

hi to anybody who will read this
am i the only person who has had no problems with bycmo subaru
im still on the same diff that i was supplied with and that was a good few years ago
i have only ever upgraded the motor to a 600 from the standard 540
the 540 has never been used i guess i will use it as a spare if i ever need a motor
but the price of a 600 motor i guess i will never use the 540
so it will stay in the 600 motor box in my tool box lol

squirreluk 07-05-2009 02:15 PM

Hi, i have two of these cars plus a set of mags and parts, i have no batteries, can anyone recommend some? not sure size etc. i would like to buy from ebay, would also require a charger.

thansk mark

dust75 07-05-2009 06:02 PM

hi mark

the battery that came standard with the car were 7.2v 1600mAh 6 cell try ebay number 220431966011 for a cheap battery or 320382334475 for a very high mAh which will give you more power but i wouldnt know what the battery will do to the msc ,heatsink, wireing, motor, gears and diff or the plastics
i use 7.2v 1700 and i have upgraded the motor to a 600 thats the only upgrade i have done thats not from bycmo instead of the standard 540 and my car will doughnut on dry roads untill the battery starts to die and although the standard car is reasonable fast its even faster now but in the wet its more uncontrolable but it is great fun powersliding in the wet even with full wet tires on although saying that my car doesnt seem to like hitting the kurbs so much lol i am thinking of upgrading the hex hubs from the standard bycmo 6mm to the universal 12mm hex hub so i can run any normal standard wheel be it tamiya or another make

as for the charger the standard charger was a 4hr quick charge (YEAH RIGHT DONT KNOW ANY ONE WHO IS WILLING TO WAIT 4HRS FOR A BATTERY TO CHARGE) try ebay number 320389654633 or 290328447652 then this ones a classic 160346590065 i used one like this for years untill it gave up the ghost very easy just plug it in and turn the switch
i now use a prolux ultrapeak 3 charger its a electronic quick charger it has a 1amp 2amp charge rate switch and a start button for the quick charge otherwise it will start charging on a trickle charge (which i guess will be over night or 12hrs at least) it bleeps to tell you its started to charge and also bleeps when you press the quick charge button and has a series of bleeps when it finished its quick charge its also has a incar cig lighter plug so you can go away to play it charges in about 30-45 mins depending how flat the battries are and what mAh they are but you could use any charger as long as it has a tamiya conection on it

P.S. WHAT EVER YOU DO NO MATTER HOW MUCH FUN IT IS OR HOW COOL IT LOOKS DONT AND I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGHT AND THIS GOES FOR ALL RADIO CONTROLLED CARS DONT DRIVE THE CAR TO TOP SPEED THEN JAM IT IN REVERSE TO MAKE IT SKID AS THE GEARS AND DIFF WONT BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT AND WILL STRIP THEM SELVES MAYBE NOT THE FIRST FEW TIMES BUT THEY WILL GO AND TRYING TO GET A DIFF NOW IS HARDER THAN TRYING TO FIND HENS TEETH

i hope all that helps and doesnt confuse you
dus

bolciu 07-06-2009 06:19 PM

hi there guys

today i've got the Deagostini model from my uncle. It is broken due to a crash. The thing is i dont have the step by step assembly guide that was in the 45 issues.
My question to you is:

Did you guys see anywhere on the www any step by step assembly manuals for this model?? I've tried calling Deagostini in Poland and sadly they dont have any dvd's or any other stuff about this

Please help if you know anything about this

dust75 07-06-2009 06:40 PM

hi there bolclu

can i ask how bad the crash was as depending on how bad the damage is it might be very hard to fix
and it may not be worth even trying to fix
but if you send me your email by pm i may be able to help you

dus

squirreluk 07-07-2009 01:12 AM

Try looking at http://www.sbc.gb.com/ or www.bycmo.com for part breakdown

dust75 07-07-2009 03:27 PM

well i finally got round to the upgrade of the wheel hex's from the standard 6mm bycmo to a 12mm universal hex so now i can put tamiya,hpi tipe wheels on so now the wheel look better well they do in my eyes

dus

the guv 08-22-2009 10:28 AM

hi read your message . do you have a differential set in your collection of mags . let me know thanx . im in essex

the guv 08-23-2009 10:09 AM

hello there was reading your message . you said you managed to fix your differential , please let me know how and where . i have a spare housing , just need 4x gear cogs , let me know thank you ....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif