RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Tamiya TL01 Help (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/2283297-tamiya-tl01-help.html)

thecrow2k 10-24-2004 03:06 PM

Tamiya TL01 Help

Im looing at a Tamiya TL01 Kit but it has an MSC how easy would it be to change the MSC to an esc or is it possible?

frailcow 10-24-2004 06:54 PM

RE: Tamiya TL01 Help

You just buy an esc, remove the msc, and stick the esc in. It is pretty easy.

S.A.E.W.O.T. 10-24-2004 07:49 PM

it's a little harder than that............... u have 2 open up the package first.... then but in the car

ethb701 10-25-2004 08:05 PM

i built a TL01b baja king buggy and it doesn't seem to run right...the motor smokes and doesn't reach more than 4 mph....does anyone have any suggestions. i also have a electric spring touring car ...does anyone have any suggestion for modifying this car. its all stock with the saturn 20t stock motor.

Karl_RC 10-26-2004 07:23 AM

Im just about to go down to the end of my street and race my CEN ATX with my mates Tamiya TL-01. I think the MSC is all you can use mate.

Motor smoking?! What battery are you using. Check that all the wiring is set up right & that your speed controller is too. My mates TL-01 with the stock 540 motor only smokes when it's been used battery after battery. Is the motor making a sound? Check if theres any foreign objects inside.
Karl

Nitrous SSC 11-01-2004 05:33 PM

I have an ESC In my TL01 Lightning. I just simply used hot glue to secure it to the little plastic lip inside the plastic frame. Its worked great!

Smoking motor and 4mph means something is binding/rubbing bad. Make sure your pinion is on the motor shaft correctly and its not rubbing anything.

3corsameal 11-08-2004 12:13 PM

i have a tamiya TL-01 and have used a ripspeed no limit ESC and works fine, i use double sided velcro tape to hold everything in place

yamahamoto22 12-22-2004 03:08 PM

the tl01 im getting for christmas has a novak fusion in it

R/C Dragon 12-22-2004 06:18 PM

if your motor is smoking and your buggy is going only 4mph check what everyone else said but also make sure the tires and wheels are the same size because it is 4wd they must be the same size

i made that mistake and my buggy also topped out at around 4mph

bulletbkr 03-08-2019 03:14 PM

Resurected an old tl01, need setup help

Hi, all. I just dragged out my old tl01 & updated it to lipo & brushless. It has the Tamiya anti-roll bars installed front and rear. I'm having a couple of outages i hope you can help with.
First, when i turn in to aggressively at speed the car just flips & rolls off into the next zip code. I have to slow down to aVERY slow speed to manage anything like a sharp or quick turn.

Second, it seems to roll straight off-throttle, but pulls hard to the right when i gas it. Any ideas whey causes that?