RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Lunchboxer's TXT-1 project... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/4482224-lunchboxers-txt-1-project.html)

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:18 PM

Lunchboxer's TXT-1 project...

1 Attachment(s)

Okay, the kit is not here yet, but figured that I'd start a thread.. showcase some stuff I got for it so far..

Novak SuperDuty XR for some high voltage action...

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:27 PM

RE: Lunchboxer's TXT-1 project...

1 Attachment(s)
Tamiya aluminum cantilever.. (x2 sets)

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tamiya's aluminum axle guard (x2 sets)

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

New Era center skid.. this is VERY beefy...

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

RC4WD TXT upper 4-link brace (so the upper 4-bar mounting tabs on the axles are braced..)

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Ballbearings, of course!!

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

New Era front and rear skids.. (x2)

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Futaba's heavy duty servo extension (designed for digital servo's high current draw..)

Yes, it is gonna have on-the-fly switchable 4WS.. !

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Haven't decided which receiver to use yet (R153 or R143).. R143 has built-in fail safe, but is bigger... so maybe I will use it as TXT obviously has no issue carrying bigger electronic.. I will put the R153 in the Dark Impact...

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Large scale servo w/ 333 oz-in of torque.. (yes, the TXT kit actually comes with servo mounts for the large scale servos.. I guess they anticipated people putting those in when they designed the kit!!...)

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, if I am going to run dual batteries, figured that it would be nice to be able to charge 2 batteries at once... got it at Tower's Scratch & Dent section.. got it for 1/2 price... !!

R/C fan-addict 07-09-2006 11:10 PM

wow looks like you have everything you could possibly need cept for the kit itself! lol ;)

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 11:15 PM

Yeah, I think so.. !! But I am so tempted to get the Mamba Max first.......... :P

Although the 7700kv system will just be silly... (put it in the F-1 or TB-02!? :P) Ha ha.. 45mph-50mph, I am sure..

R/C fan-addict 07-09-2006 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Yeah, I think so.. !! But I am so tempted to get the Mamba Max first.......... :P

Although the 7700kv system will just be silly... (put it in the F-1 or TB-02!? :P) Ha ha.. 45mph-50mph, I am sure..
yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushing 60 in the F1! I still think you should get the TXT first cause the mamba will be unavialable for another few weeks due to low supply and huge demand, prices will also fall a bit after the demand dies down a little...

Lunchboxer 07-09-2006 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict
yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushing 60 in the F1! I still think you should get the TXT first cause the mamba will be unavialable for another few weeks due to low supply and huge demand, prices will also fall a bit after the demand dies down a little...

Yeah, esp. if I use the high speed gearset, ha ha! (since those high powered BL is considered to have "unlimited torque" for tuning purpose.. if you go read the tuning guide at Castle Creation..) So it is more like how fast you want to go and how much current your battery can provide..

I think I will get the TXT first.. maybe.........

Tower just raised the price on the TXT by $5.. what's up with that! :P

R/C fan-addict 07-09-2006 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

Yeah, esp. if I use the high speed gearset, ha ha! (since those high powered BL is considered to have "unlimited torque" for tuning purpose.. if you go read the tuning guide at Castle Creation..) So it is more like how fast you want to go and how much current your battery can provide..

I think I will get the TXT first.. maybe.........

Tower just raised the price on the TXT by $5.. what's up with that! :P
oh no $5! The world is going to end! lol ;) just poking fun at you! But I have noticed tower raising the prices of some of their stuff a little lately. For example all those 2 packs of 3000mah nimh packs. I got the epic pack for $32 last year then they raised the price to $50 then the team orion one dropped to $32 so I bought a few of those packs but the epic pack is still at $40! Weird... also some hot bodies wheels were $8 a set now they're $10. Kind of annoying because little by little it adds up. Although the price for a blazer sst went down like crazy! First it was $480 when I got my savy 2 years ago then the price fell down to $365!

-Inverted- 07-10-2006 12:30 AM

prices will also fall a bit after the demand dies down a little...
If its anything like the 1/18 system it will take over a year, they JUST started lowering the prices of the mamba 1-2 months ago.

Lunchboxer 07-10-2006 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

If its anything like the 1/18 system it will take over a year, they JUST started lowering the prices of the mamba 1-2 months ago.

Yeah, don't think I will wait that long!! :) Maybe right after the TXT.. :P

CustomTamiyas4Life 07-10-2006 12:20 PM

Ok, now I have to ask! What the heck is your job!?

Lunchboxer 07-10-2006 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: ThatsAnEvader!

Ok, now I have to ask! What the heck is your job!?

LOL.. I do have a good job.. I work in the investment management industry..

CustomTamiyas4Life 07-10-2006 12:25 PM

Ok got that off my chest...lol...seems every day there's a new post! lol Well, good luck with the txt!

Lunchboxer 07-10-2006 12:28 PM

Thanks! Will keep you guys posted once I start the build... where's my kit?!?! :P I get side tracked easily.. I always ended up picking up random stuff.. :P (just got a Slingbox today..)

CustomTamiyas4Life 07-10-2006 03:18 PM

You should try out a twin detonator! It's a tamiya 4wd truck. Even stock, they're a blast. But knowing you, you could get aluminum galore including chassis. Only reason I never built mine up is because dual motor stuff is expensive.[:'(]

Lunchboxer 07-10-2006 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: ThatsAnEvader!

You should try out a twin detonator! It's a tamiya 4wd truck. Even stock, they're a blast. But knowing you, you could get aluminum galore including chassis. Only reason I never built mine up is because dual motor stuff is expensive.[:'(]

The kit itself is not expensive.. but yeah, I think it would be a good bashing truck..

Maybe when I am tired of the TXT w/ SuperDuty XR, I can move the SuperDuty to the Twin Detonator and put a BL system in the TXT.. LOL!! That will be not be anytime soon!!

-Inverted- 07-10-2006 05:19 PM

[&:] Ive gotta start buying a bunch of Tamiya's, kits are always fun.