RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Super Clod Buster Build-up Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/4698553-super-clod-buster-build-up-thread.html)

djr01974 06-01-2008 12:49 PM

RE: Super Clod Buster Build-up Thread

right on ... hey that is some really nice carpet you got the muddy truck on lol... well I got my new emaxx shocks install today , got them off ebay , really cheap , brand new take offs , and I must say what a difference .. recommend for sure . Just waiting on my speed control to show up .

tamiya trucker 06-01-2008 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: djr01974

right on ... hey that is some really nice carpet you got the muddy truck on lol... well I got my new emaxx shocks install today , got them off ebay , really cheap , brand new take offs , and I must say what a difference .. recommend for sure . Just waiting on my speed control to show up .

yee the wife had wast to pleased when she saw the tyre marks:D.
do the emaxx shox go straight onto the clod with no mods?

djr01974 06-01-2008 03:26 PM

yeah direct bolt ons.

tamiya trucker 06-01-2008 03:52 PM

well that is my next upgrade then. the truk is very bouncy.
does the e-maxx motors and esc make much diference to performance? just wondered as they are 14.4v:D

mindwreck 06-01-2008 03:55 PM

yeah it happens. its due to the design of the steering setup

ORIGINAL: tamiya trucker

i got my clod this morning and i have built it up. took it in the garden and it runs sweet. i hav e 1 problem though. when on the floor stoof still there is no steering...the servo moves as it should but the suspension moves instead if the wheels[:@]...is this normal lol...foes well when running though

its huge

tamiya trucker 06-01-2008 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mindwreck

yeah it happens. its due to the design of the steering setup

i got my clod this morning and i have built it up. took it in the garden and it runs sweet. i hav e 1 problem though. when on the floor stoof still there is no steering...the servo moves as it should but the suspension moves instead if the wheels[:@]...is this normal lol...foes well when running though

its huge

im guessin the only way to fix this is by going axle mounted servo?

Lunchboxer 06-01-2008 07:34 PM

Yeah, 14.4V makes a big difference... :D

does the e-maxx motors and esc make much diference to performance? just wondered as they are 14.4v:D

tamiya trucker 06-02-2008 03:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Yeah, 14.4V makes a big difference... :D

in what way? power or tourqe? or both lol..
i dont want my truck to much faster just a little and you cant go wrong with more tourqe.:D

Lunchboxer 06-02-2008 07:55 AM

Both!! :D

frugalman 06-02-2008 08:18 AM

that's my plan also.. run 2 batts :thumbsup:

frugalman 06-02-2008 02:30 PM

so why is the price difference so much between
the HPI GT and Traxxas EVX2 ?

or should i just look at Novak Super Duty

Lunchboxer 06-02-2008 02:34 PM

I don't know the spec of the EVX-2... so I can't comment on it..

SuperDuty is hard to beat, though!! :D

ORIGINAL: frugalman

GTRice 06-02-2008 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did some outing with the Clod today. Great day for it to hit the outdoors. Sorry that there are no action shots, just posing shots. I don't have action shots, since I don't have a camera man and if I am the Camera man and the driver at the same time, my pictures will come out horrible.

drevil 06-02-2008 02:58 PM

Like I said on the previous page, the EVX2 is waterproof while the Savage's ESC isn't. That is a huge selling point IMHO.

Lunchboxer 06-02-2008 03:03 PM

I wonder how waterproof it is!

drevil 06-02-2008 03:07 PM

A lot more than one that isn't...LOL

frugalman 06-02-2008 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: drevil

Like I said on the previous page, the EVX2 is waterproof while the Savage's ESC isn't. That is a huge selling point IMHO.
i see, that's true
but the one in tower's page I see doesn't look like the new evx2.. isn't the old one not waterproof? or was it always waterproof

drevil 06-02-2008 03:08 PM

Are there two EVX-2s? I thought it was the same, but I could be wrong. You could always contact Traxxas to make sure, I've heard they've got great customer service.

frugalman 06-02-2008 03:10 PM

Are there two EVX-2s? I thought it was the same, but I could be wrong. You could always contact Traxxas to make sure, I've heard they've got great customer service.
i think there's a blue one and a yellow one
blue one says waterproof on the label..

Big Z 06-02-2008 03:11 PM

yeah there are two... one is a yellowish orangeish and then the ones that come in the emaxx are blue... i dont know what the difference is if any... but i have seen pictures of both.. and both ESCs say "EVX2"

drevil 06-02-2008 03:11 PM

Did a little investigating. Traxxas' website says the waterproof EVX-2 is part number 3901. When searching for that number on tower it comes up with this one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSLU9&P=ML

The picture on tower's site shows a yellow EVX-2 but Traxxas' site shows a blue one that says waterproof. I think its the same one but I'd definitely call tower first just to be on the safe side.

Lunchboxer 06-02-2008 03:19 PM

The only reason I asked is that some of LRP's ESC are claimed to be waterproof.. but I have killed one before with water damage...... :D

A lot more than one that isn't...LOL

frugalman 06-02-2008 03:22 PM

hpi gt speed says it's compatible with e-savage motors only.. uh oh.

drevil 06-02-2008 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

The only reason I asked is that some of LRP's ESC are claimed to be waterproof.. but I have killed one before with water damage...... :D

That sucks. I've heard of people having problems with them. I've had mine complete submerged a bunch of times without a problem.

frugalman 06-02-2008 03:37 PM

what would happen if Traxxas Titan 550 12T motors get put into the clod?
the ones stampede uses
would it run fine?

edit, together with the EVX2