RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   ahh what truck should i get now (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/5929144-ahh-what-truck-should-i-get-now.html)

yz426flier 06-01-2007 12:12 AM

ahh what truck should i get now

ive been saving up for a e-savage and when i finaly go the monney my girlfriends, my dads, my sisters, and my best friends birthday have cost me alot. ill have around 200 in a couple weeks and it will take me another 2 and 1/2 months to save up around 350 for a e-savage. i dont know if i can last that long ive been working my but off with chores for the past 3 months and i really want a new rc truck. where i would drive it is very rocky and rutty any suggestions on what i should do?

cornel4web 06-01-2007 01:48 AM

RE: ahh what truck should i get now

My all time recomandation...a modified LunchBox...ball bearings, modified motors...not so sure about oil filled shocks...
but deffinatly a lot of fun with it...

Thorough Hobbyist 06-01-2007 03:04 AM

If you have your mind set on an E-Savage, save up for the E-Savage. If you get something else, you'll probably end up wishing you got the E-Savage you wanted.

mindwreck 06-01-2007 03:50 AM

yeah go with your wish. I was in a similar situation. I wanted a TXT-1 from the beginning but it was too expensive for me at 370 bucks. so instead i got a tlt, that wasn't enough so i got a clod. STILL wasn't enough so i finally went for the TXT and now truly happy.

the tlt and clod eventually got traded and sold. sure its fun to get the cars in between but the original desire will always stay in your head and you'll just be spending more in the long run. THE LESSON: save up a little longer and get that e-savage!!;)

cheech4 06-01-2007 01:23 PM

get the E savage, you will not be dissapointed. fast durable and great handleing, best elctric MT out.

fastmax 06-01-2007 03:02 PM

If you can't hold out for the Savage, maybe look at the HPI wheely King. It's a pretty nice truck for the price.

yz426flier 06-01-2007 05:38 PM

will a stadium truck do ok or no?

redbarton 06-01-2007 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: yz426flier

will a stadium truck do ok or no?
This depends on what you want to do with it. If your terrain is "very rocky and rutty", it sounds like you need something with rock crawling capability. In that case, I'd also say go for the HPI Wheelie King. If you want something to just bash around, then I'd say the Traxxas Stampede might be a good option also. It has more clearance than your typical stadium truck.

MBX5T Maniac 06-01-2007 05:50 PM

Save up for the E-Savage. Maybe look at getting a used one. But you will regret not getting it. If you want something, you're always going to want it till you get it.

yz426flier 06-01-2007 05:50 PM

i want something bigger than a wheelie king and does the stampedes 2wd make it limited and hard to control compared to a 4wd

cheech4 06-01-2007 05:54 PM

just get the E savage.. it wont dissapoint you...

yz426flier 06-01-2007 06:00 PM

after i get a electric truck i want to save up and get a nitro after so i have a electric and a nitro. the nitro i want is the new savage. i want an electric right now just to get back into it and then i can play with it in the house and no maintnence. so if i got an e-savage it would most likely take back seat when i get a savage unless i love it so much i just mod the crap out of it. i would probably get the nitro around december. so if all you guys that have e-savages think i will love it enough to not get a nitro then i will just save up for an e-savage and just mod it over time. if i get a stampede i defintatly want to get a nitro.

yz426flier 06-02-2007 02:33 AM

i found a used pede for 100 bucks and 3 batterys