RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   First Race! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/6127793-first-race.html)

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 04:40 PM

First Race!

Hey yall,i got my bk2 all ready to go,while i was getting brushes at my local track i heard they were having a race at my local track they said there's gonna be sponsors there im pretty exited this will be my first race hopefully i will do pretty well.

Takedown 07-18-2007 04:52 PM

RE: First Race!

Good Luck[sm=thumbs_up.gif], and dont forget to have fun[8D]

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 05:03 PM

thank's man,ill be nervous as mess though lol,i hope my buggy holds up the motor and ESC i mean,my ESC(intellispeed8T)is actin weird it will shut off for a second then i can hit throttle again is it mabey cause the battery was getting low?and i have no brake's i tried puttin the ABS on fast and it still didnt have any brake's.

Checkpointracer 07-18-2007 05:09 PM

Don't mean to be negitive but that no brake issue concers me, if you don't have any brakes you could crash into someone and could cause a pileup, so just make sure you know how to drive that thing with no brakes.

Good luck though.;)

Takedown 07-18-2007 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

thank's man,ill be nervous as mess though lol,i hope my buggy holds up the motor and ESC i mean,my ESC(intellispeed8T)is actin weird it will shut off for a second then i can hit throttle again is it mabey cause the battery was getting low?and i have no brake's i tried puttin the ABS on fast and it still didnt have any brake's.
Dont be nervous because theres nothing to be nervous about.:D The brake ordeal should be ok as long as you can control it w/o brakes around hairpin turns. I use to race my pede at my lhs a few years back and I had a blast! Made it challenging because the truck is very tippy.

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 05:17 PM

i understand your concern checkpoint it concerns me alittle aswell but i think i might be ok with how dusty andslippery the track is,i can slide around the turns.and thank's takedown ill try to calm myself down when i get there haha,when i bought my buggy it didnt come with a gear cover and i havent had the money or time to order one,will i be ok without one?

dirt101 07-18-2007 05:18 PM

If the bk2 is 2 wheel drive brakes dont matter. (sry I dont know what a bk2 is) Atleast for me on my rustler the only place the brakes help me is on concrete. They are too touchy on 2wd cars for me. I just turn and hope for the best.

Takedown 07-18-2007 05:19 PM

i understand your concern checkpoint it concerns me alittle aswell but i think i might be ok with how dusty andslippery the track is,i can slide around the turns.and thank's takedown ill try to calm myself down when i get there haha,when i bought my buggy it didnt come with a gear cover and i havent had the money or time to order one,will i be ok without one?
If you dont have a gear cover I dont think you can race. Its a hazard to the people on the tracks fingers. Open moving parts.

Checkpointracer 07-18-2007 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Takedown

If you dont have a gear cover I dont think you can race. Its a hazard to the people on the tracks fingers. Open moving parts.

And also dirt could get caught in the pinion and spur and that would be bad.[:'(]

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 05:29 PM

Man now that suck's ill have to order one then i hope it will be here by saturday?im having to order to from Losipartshouse.com i cant find one anywhere else for a bk2.

Takedown 07-18-2007 05:31 PM

Man now that suck's ill have to order one then i hope it will be here by saturday?im having to order to from Losipartshouse.com i cant find one anywhere else for a bk2.
Tower has em- http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...er&FVPROFIL=++

Checkpointracer 07-18-2007 05:32 PM

You're going to have to get super fast air shipping and you'll be saved. But that shipping costs alot.

Takedown 07-18-2007 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

You're going to have to get super fast air shipping and you'll be saved. But that shipping costs alot.
Probably around 10-15 bucks for next day air for the dust cover from tower.

Checkpointracer 07-18-2007 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Takedown

ORIGINAL: Checkpointracer

Probably around 10-15 bucks for next day air for the dust cover from tower.

Oh yeah parts express from tower. :)

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 05:40 PM

aww they do have them but i dont have the money to get next day shippin the race cost 20$ i only have enough for the gear cover+ regular shippin and the race is there any alternative that would fit that my LHS might have?

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 05:55 PM

ok guy's i just talked to the LHS to see if they had a gear cover and they said no but i dont NEED one so i was like awesome i know i need to get one and ill still order one,but atleast i can still race :D,im running 12/51 gearing and my bottom end aint as good as it could be and i cant go to a lower tooth pinion without going to a higher spur,is it just the motor or is there anyway i can get better bottom end?im running a 9T trinity.

Takedown 07-18-2007 06:55 PM

Only do that once and get a gear cover as soon as possible. Best if before your 2nd race.

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 07:04 PM

im def. gonna do that takedown.i hope my batter will get me threw my race i think it will its a venom 1800mah nicd.i know its nicd but my nimh is deans connectors and i run tamiya at the moment(gonna switch to deans asap)but should i go ahead and cut the batterys wires and change to tamiya or just charge 2 1800's?

annie_himself 07-18-2007 07:23 PM

With the 9t and 1800, your buggy might not last the whole race depending on how long it is. You'd better hope it only 5 min quals and mains. As far as the Deans you should go Deans all around.

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 07:31 PM

I want to but ill have to wait till after the race,ill just use my dads 3000mah nimh venom and 2 1800s that should last ill bring the charger with me just incase.

annie_himself 07-18-2007 07:54 PM

Yea bring the charger! Bring everything thats RC related to the race. EVERYTHING.

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 08:09 PM

ooh ok thank's for the advice ill bring all my batterys and chargers then :)

-EXTRA- 07-18-2007 08:52 PM

another ? im going to the LHS tomorrow to register for the race and i wanted to pick up some gear's..i have a 12 tooth pinion and a 51 tooth spur on my 9turn motor which i just now found out the spur gear is really high for top end..anyways i found out i need something around a 72-78 and i was asking which spur gear should i pick up for the best bottom end but still decent top end and what pinion?i have a 12 tooth and a 15 tooth.

SS5800EvADer 07-18-2007 11:04 PM

good luck

the XXX wont disapoint u

on my 1st race i chewed gum it really helped my nervousness

-EXTRA- 07-19-2007 06:37 PM

thank's ss5800 appreciate the advice good thing i just got a new pack of gum then :D..bad new's My LHS didnt have the gear's i needed i was gonna get a 48P 12T pinion and 78T spur i have a 32P 12T pinion and 51T spur now..i have OK bottom and not the greatest but will i get around the track ok?