RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   UNOFFICAL Tamiya Blackfoot Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/6642870-unoffical-tamiya-blackfoot-thread.html)

ElectricGuy007 11-18-2007 10:07 PM

UNOFFICAL Tamiya Blackfoot Thread

This thread is based on every Tamiya Blackfoot ever made. BLACKFOOT,SUPER BLACKFOOT, AND BLACKFOOT EXTREME.
I used to have one when I was a kid, and just last year I fixed my cousin's Super Blackfoot, wish I had pics.[:@]
He called it the GREAT PUMPKIN because the body was painted a weird orange color.:D

I had the original blackfoot when I was a kid and LB making all these threads made me think a little about the Blackfoot.
Post away pics cause I made this thread for that reason.:D

Lunchboxer 11-18-2007 11:07 PM

RE: UNOFFICAL Tamiya Blackfoot Thread

Hmm.. maybe you should get one yourself first?! How about make a build thread for the Blackfood Extreme?! I'd be interested to see!! :D

ElectricGuy007 11-18-2007 11:22 PM

Not at the moment, gota concentrate on my B44 build...[:@]

ElectricGuy007 11-18-2007 11:37 PM

I still got my original 1988 blackfoot rims that I saved, but that's the only part of the truck I have...[:@]

My dad made me give it to my cousin chris when I was 10 years old, not the same cousin metioned above on the other side of my family,
He had his reasons because a neighbor was ripping me off for rc stuff, rc magazines for motors, tires, batteries...
My dad just got tired of the neighbors ripping me off....[:@]
then I started taking Taekwondo classes. I got all the way to brownbelt then quit...got tired of it...[:o]

Sorry for too much details, but now I just have 1 hobby, just rc.

I'm 27 years old and back in the same boat, spending money...:D

Lunchboxer 11-18-2007 11:44 PM

Sounds like it is time for a Blackfood Extreme... :D

Without RX and electronics, they are very affordable... don't let me beat you to it.. :D

ElectricGuy007 11-18-2007 11:46 PM

And do you know what the neighbor had, a frekin Lunchbox, man I hated that guy...glad he moved away..
He raced the Lunchbox and my cousin beat him in the Dirt Dome race with an Ultima, ha take that you bully...:D

Back then trucks just came out and they would run the trucks with the buggies....Box stock class was great!

I didnt race because I wasnt good enough.....now things are living up for me now...:D

ElectricGuy007 11-18-2007 11:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Sounds like it is time for a Blackfood Extreme... :D

Without RX and electronics, they are very affordable... don't let me beat you to it.. :D
Go ahead...I wanna see it as well.:D
All I want is the shell to put on one of my others, I can call it Blackfoot Ultimate!!:D
Just kidding, but it would look cool on my Bullhead.:D

Lunchboxer 11-19-2007 01:39 AM

This is a Blackfoot Extreme!

ElectricGuy007 11-19-2007 01:44 AM

Paddle Tires, huh what for??:eek:

Lunchboxer 11-19-2007 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

My little contribution to your thread! :D

Lunchboxer 11-19-2007 11:31 AM

Sand / snow -> although being a RWD only truck, the front tires shouldn't be paddles...

But I am sure the owner of the truck just think it looks cool... wonder how it turns in the sand / snow...

ORIGINAL: bmaglinger

Paddle Tires, huh what for??:eek:

ElectricGuy007 11-19-2007 12:08 PM

Do you think the trade is good my E-maxx for the original gold pan rc-10?:eek:

Yeah I like the beach one alot, getting dirty in the sand.;)

Lunchboxer 11-19-2007 12:46 PM

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.... :D If you think you got a good deal, you got a good deal....

ElectricGuy007 11-19-2007 02:02 PM

Where do you get your pictures from? Just google it?:eek:

Krazy Chicken 11-19-2007 05:52 PM

lol time for me to join, i have a super blackfoot, for better shocks you can use stampede shocks.

CustomTamiyas4Life 11-19-2007 06:11 PM

I have a twin detonator...same thing just has a gearbox in the front as well. You wanna see some modified td's and blackfoots? I'll get some pics for ya;) But first, here's mine.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...d/HPIM1684.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...d/HPIM1756.jpg
I only ran it once because I dont have stick packs and you need stick packs. I want to get it running again soon if possible, I just need to find some scroll saw blades that can cut aluminum sheet so I can make a new chassis.

ElectricGuy007 11-19-2007 11:21 PM

Pretty cool mod. The clear plastic arms were they hand made?
I like the E-maxx shocks you used. But you should have used Integy piggy backs, man those shocks rule!:D
Are the CVDs custom made to fit the truck also...[8D]

ElectricGuy007 11-20-2007 01:31 PM

U know what LB there was another Blackfoot we forgot about.
The King Blackfoot.:D
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58192

Lunchboxer 11-20-2007 02:10 PM

I think I like the shocks layout on the King Blackfoot better than the new Blackfoot Extreme!!

ElectricGuy007 11-20-2007 03:35 PM

Yeah the Extreme seems to have very low ground clearance compared to the older ones.:D

Lunchboxer 11-20-2007 04:08 PM

I think I would take the King Blackfoot over the Blackfoot Extreme!

ElectricGuy007 11-20-2007 05:18 PM

Just the name of the King Blackfoot I guess is saying it's a better version of the Super Blackfoot.
I think the King came out before the Extreme did.:D

CustomTamiyas4Life 11-20-2007 05:25 PM

;)You buy a king blackfoot and we will race lb:D

I made the suspension arms and extensions for the driveshafts. That was a cheap project so no way was i going to get integy shocks for that one. Sorry that I havent gotten any pics of modded td's yet, havent had the time.

Lunchboxer 11-20-2007 05:32 PM

Integy, quality, what?! (joke) :D

Are those piggyback Integy shocks any good?! I am not trying to bash Integy without having try them, so I am asking.. just that my past experience with Integy's other stuff did not impress me much... :D

ElectricGuy007 11-20-2007 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: CustomTamiyas4Life

;)You buy a king blackfoot and we will race lb:D

I made the suspension arms and extensions for the driveshafts. That was a cheap project so no way was i going to get integy shocks for that one. Sorry that I havent gotten any pics of modded td's yet, havent had the time.
I gota see pics of that race. LB vs Custom Tamiya......need transponders.....lol...:D