RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   How many guys use Aftermarket servos (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7229673-how-many-guys-use-aftermarket-servos.html)

freestylingford 03-15-2008 04:43 PM

How many guys use Aftermarket servos

Just got done putting a hitec 5945 servo in my firestorm and I am really pleased with its functioning compared to the stock one much stronger centers much better and really fast seems to be easier to control while in a half swapped end sideways spin now and turns much better at holding the tires while turning under power.

So how many of you guys use a nice performance servo in your ride and what do you run?

Just striking conversation.

Longhair 03-15-2008 05:14 PM

RE: How many guys use Aftermarket servos

I don't buy RTR's because I like putting together the kits and they don't come with servos.

redraze 03-15-2008 05:19 PM

I just put a hitec hs-645MG in my rusty and it stears much faster then with the old traxxas one.

Josh222 03-15-2008 05:29 PM

I don't use plastic geared servos in any of my offroads. The cheapest metal gear servo I have would be a 645mg and the most expensive would be an Ace DS1015(201oz. .10 trans)

freestylingford 03-15-2008 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Longhair

I don't buy RTR's because I like putting together the kits and they don't come with servos.

Well I have taken my own truck apart many times and put it back together assembled my own aluminum shocks stripped all of my electronics for a mamba max system nothing is stock really except for the chassis. Yea i perfer kits too but they don't sell them that way. I was curious about other people and what servos they ran.

Takedown 03-15-2008 06:27 PM

I have two nice aftermarket servos. Both digital and one is coreless. Hitec 5645MG digital, and a Futaba S9405 digital/coreless. They make a huge difference over standard servos!

Krazy Chicken 03-15-2008 06:43 PM

i use the hs-645mg, and the s3305 right now, but when i get my new radio, ill be going all digital

cheech4 03-15-2008 08:36 PM

hiteck mg 645, MG 625, and any futaba high torque digital MG servos for me thats it.

Takedown 03-15-2008 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: cheech4

hiteck mg 645, MG 625, and any futaba high torque digital MG servos for me thats it.
Do you prefer Futaba servos over Hitec servos?

cheech4 03-15-2008 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Takedown

the digital MG servos yes.

Takedown 03-15-2008 08:42 PM

the digital MG servos yes.
Ha, Thats kinda funny... I am the complete opposite. I love hitec servos. Leave it to the people who specialize in servos, not the people who well how do I put this, that dont specialize in just servos like futaba. I like hitec for their servos and futaba for their radios.

ELK 03-15-2008 08:46 PM

wat does coreless mean

cheech4 03-15-2008 08:50 PM

ever since i got my futaba fast i used 2 digital servos with it and both were incredible one was a futaba and the other was a KO propo digital. i guess my thinking was stick to the manufacturer for a better connection a better feel.

Takedown 03-15-2008 08:59 PM

ever since i got my futaba fast i used 2 digital servos with it and both were incredible one was a futaba and the other was a KO propo digital. i guess my thinking was stick to the manufacturer for a better connection a better feel.
Cheech, have you ever tried a quality Hitec digital servo? Their extremely well built and preform great. I prefer them over futaba digital servos.

Frozen72 03-15-2008 09:04 PM

I'm still running the stock Evader EXT servo... It's way to slow but I need to get some other stuff before I upgrade the servo.

cheech4 03-15-2008 09:16 PM

Cheech, have you ever tried a quality Hitec digital servo? Their extremely well built and preform great. I prefer them over futaba digital servos.
no need to now, im all servo'd up, dont need any. i will try a hitech digital MG servo next time i need one..

Takedown 03-15-2008 09:17 PM

no need to now, im all servo'd up, dont need any. i will try a hitech digital MG servo next time i need one..
I guarentee you will love it.

f150dan 03-16-2008 08:49 AM

nice servo's are a must. I put them in everything I've got asap.

JCINTEXAS 03-19-2008 05:14 PM

Is This A Good Servo?
Does anyone in this forum have experience using the Tower TS-70 Super-Torque Metal-Geared Ball Bearing Servo? The specs look good and the price is righteous. More than 100 oz/in torque. Just wondering if anyone has used these and if so, how are they?
Regards
JC

Longhair 03-19-2008 05:33 PM

I'm using Futaba 3306 now :D

Redvanmafia 03-19-2008 07:14 PM

I only run futaba SON!:D

VXL ENCHILADA 03-19-2008 10:58 PM

Haha well i like both futaba and hitec servos.. but i do prefer hitec for servos..