RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Can I reverse this screw-up? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7452758-can-i-reverse-screw-up.html)

aftermarket 05-03-2008 08:09 PM

Can I reverse this screw-up?

Well, my friend told me about spray painting the outside of my bandit vxl's body and how it can make it really shiney...he showed me his stampede's and it was, indeed, shiney. So I did it, at places like the rear and then making lighter coats as I progress to the front. It's not shiney, it's horrid, didn't work out. I called up my friend, enraged, and he said: "Oh! You have to use this kind of spray paint!"...I feel like throwing his car in the lake...

So, now with a screwed up body, I used a knife and scraped about half of it off. I've gotten blisters and I still wana step on this lil' booger's stampede. Is there a paint remover? Preferably something that's found around the house...bleach didn't work. Idk if alcholol would...anything else? If now, I'm going to have to go back to scraping it off...leaving marks along the way.

Thank you very much.

SavageX78 05-03-2008 08:15 PM

RE: Can I reverse this screw-up?

You could have just used a clear top coat for shine.

Ive heard letting it soak in brake fluid will get the paint of but if youleave it in to long it will start weakening the lexan.
Most paint removers are harsh to begin with and if it eats paint it may also eat lexan so be careful.

aftermarket 05-03-2008 08:24 PM

Anything else around the house hold? I think the paint that I used itself weakened the lexon, it's alot more bendable :S

I don't have any brake fluid :/ ^

SavageX78 05-03-2008 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: whothefashizle

Anything else around the house hold? I think the paint that I used itself weakened the lexon, it's alot more bendable :S

I don't have any brake fluid :/ ^
Well the brake fluid would probably makeit worse.

Theres nothing I can think of.
It may be time for a new body.

aftermarket 05-03-2008 08:32 PM

I KNOW it's time for a new body. Lol, I wish I could get one too. My mom warned me not to listen to em. Dummy me thought nothing bad would happen. Well now she won't even allow me a new body, even if I pay for it.

SavageX78 05-03-2008 08:37 PM

Well then it may be easier to just paint it again over the other stuff and then get some clear spray paint. That will giveit shine.

hollylx88 05-03-2008 08:51 PM

painting the outside is kind of a waste. if you ask me. the first decent scratch and it's going to chip the paint. You're much better off painting the inside. the clear body will give it that shine you want, as well as protect the paint. if you're scratching it up then its going to look scratched when its painted. i would try a razor blade and just be careful of your fingers and try not to scratch the body. as for removing the paint with a solvent, you then run the risk of dissolving the body also. brake fluid will dissolve the paint, but again i don't know what it'll do to the body

VXL ENCHILADA 05-03-2008 08:59 PM

hmm i think that you should umm use a razor very carefully... if that doesn't work out i would just get a new body.

t9dragon 05-03-2008 10:21 PM

Just live with your mistake an bash the heck out of the body and then get a new one.

aftermarket 05-03-2008 10:22 PM

Razor blade...outa try that out :D

A new body is what I really want :( Pink flames and across the car would be: Asian Driver...hawt :D

VXL ENCHILADA 05-03-2008 10:23 PM

lol or that ^^ :D

aftermarket 05-03-2008 10:31 PM

Nope, razor blade has too much grip and the blades cave into the material. I trashed the blades before the paint even speckled off.

Any more last resorts?

VXL ENCHILADA 05-03-2008 10:44 PM

umm try to get your mom convinced to let you to buy a new body.. otherwise i cannot really think of any solution that can remove the paint without wrecking the body.. [:@] I believe you are in a really bad situation my friend

kistner 05-03-2008 11:06 PM

Brake fluid, walmart and cheap - should not effect the lexan body, but will take off the old paint from the inside of the shell.
let it soak in it overnight, paint should rub off next day, wear gloves

Hardin Valley Magic 05-03-2008 11:19 PM

Ask your mom for some finger nail polish remover.. It will break the paint down and use plenty of it with papertowels.. It will get all over your hands so use some gloves!!!

Longhair 05-04-2008 12:15 AM

Drive the thing.

All the paint on the outside will fall off eventually as long as you don't baby the thing :D

Oregon mud 05-04-2008 12:24 AM

Automotive brake fluid.

Nik. 05-04-2008 12:43 AM

brake fuid. it will not cloud or harm the lexan in any way.

It does a fine job of taking off the polycarbonite paint your supposed to use. For you, i dont know, it might work.

or just drive ti around untill all the paint chips off.

MT 05-04-2008 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Just live with your mistake an bash the heck out of the body and then get a new one.
Best suggestion yet.
I think Moms is teaching you a lesson for not listenting to her :D

SavageX78 05-04-2008 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Nik.

brake fuid. it will not cloud or harm the lexan in any way.

It does a fine job of taking off the polycarbonite paint your supposed to use. For you, i dont know, it might work.

or just drive ti around untill all the paint chips off.

Yes it will. I tried the brake fluid on my Jconcepts body and it not only hazed the lexan but made it so brittle it would tear very easily.

I let it sit in brake fluid over night like the tut i found said to. The next morning most of the paint was of but when I pulled it out and rinsed t of it was cloudy and tore with the slightest movement.

drevil 05-04-2008 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: kistner

Brake fluid, walmart and cheap - should not effect the lexan body, but will take off the old paint from the inside of the shell.
let it soak in it overnight, paint should rub off next day, wear gloves
The money spent on brake fluid could just as easily be put towards a new body. I've tried the brake fluid thing and it does work but is very messy, can cloud the lexan and make it brittle. Just in time alone it isn't worth the trouble.

I agree with what somebody said above. Bash that body until it falls apart then buy a new one.

sheograth 05-04-2008 04:20 PM

A replacement body for the Bandit shouldn't be more than $30.....

carlbellybutton10 05-04-2008 04:26 PM

if i was int his situation i would use nitro fuel, a match, then blame it one something random!!! my parents buy it everytime1!! jk lol

RC_Basher20 05-04-2008 05:04 PM

bash the hell out of it, say i need a new body lol

nitrosportsandrunner 05-04-2008 06:19 PM

brake fluid, a bottle that will have enough for the job will only cost $5. then paint the INSIDE of the body.