RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Traxxas slash or Losi Dst (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/7820669-traxxas-slash-losi-dst.html)

Snaut Rocket 08-07-2008 03:45 PM

Traxxas slash or Losi Dst

My local track is starting up a class for slash and probably the desert trucks to.
i just want to know which one handles better or has more speed, out of turns.
Cause its going to stock, cause of spec classes.

For_The_Win 08-07-2008 03:49 PM

RE: Traxxas slash or Losi Dst

the slash is better. Its water proof, brushless ready, handles goods. And if i guy comes in here named Rc chris or chris Rc dont listen to him. hes the big losi fanboy ever. all he dose is bash other companies.

t9dragon 08-07-2008 03:55 PM

Go with the Slash. It handles great on the track.

Chris_RC 08-07-2008 03:59 PM

I wont say anything besides read the last couple pages of the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7304183/mpage_23/tm.htm]Losi Desert Truck thread[/link] . See for yourself that in head to haed races the DT wins.

For_The_Win 08-07-2008 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

I wont say anything besides read the last couple pages of the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7304183/mpage_23/tm.htm]Losi Desert Truck thread[/link] . See for yourself that in head to haed races the DT wins.
That is bs and you know it!!! Losi will say anything to sell there stuff.

ozium 08-07-2008 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: For_The_Win
That is bs and you know it!!! Losi will say anything to sell there stuff.
lol you didn't read the DT thread, did you? It's the DT owners who are racing against Slashes saying those things.

brushlessboy16 08-07-2008 04:09 PM

depends how the drivers are.

For_The_Win 08-07-2008 04:10 PM

No i didnt. But im not gonna lie. I hate losi with a passion. BUT if its good i wil say good things about.

Snaut Rocket 08-07-2008 04:14 PM

well the slash is cheaper, and i was going to drop a castle creations brushless system in their.
Dont know if they would let me race then.

Chris_RC 08-07-2008 04:14 PM

I hate losi with a passion.
We can tell. [sm=biggrin.gif]

Krazy Chicken 08-07-2008 04:15 PM

the slash is better. Its water proof, brushless ready, handles goods. And if i guy comes in here named Rc chris or chris Rc dont listen to him. hes the big losi fanboy ever. all he dose is bash other companies.
and your just a big traxxas fan boy

t9dragon 08-07-2008 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

well the slash is cheaper, and i was going to drop a castle creations brushless system in their.
Dont know if they would let me race then.
Why don't you ask the guys at the track if they will let you race?

ozium 08-07-2008 04:18 PM

And if i guy comes in here named For_The_Win dont listen to him. hes the big losi hater ever. all he dose is bash Losi without researching facts
LOL fixed it for you.

sloppyG 08-07-2008 04:22 PM

traxxas stuff is cheap/simple and low performance

if you are allowed to race the losi DT in the same class as the slash, you'd be a fool to choose the slash

the fun of the slash is that everyone is driving the same slow lump around the track, the losi is clearly a better vehicle

ozium 08-07-2008 04:25 PM

To give full credit the Slash does look very cool running side by side with other Slashes.

Chris_RC 08-07-2008 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: ozium

To give full credit the Slash does look very cool running side by side with other Slashes.
ya, it is funny at my track because at the start it seems as every truck flips over and it looks like a 1/8 buggy with the speed of a titan 12t motor.

crazysavage 08-07-2008 04:37 PM

The sad thing about the slash is that with some losi shock springs, good 2.2 inch tires on the stock wheels and additional power, it will flat out fly around the track but all the people at the tracks are fighting to keep it stock and that is just rediculous since the truck is cheap to begin with and that makes it easier to upgrade it a little. I have to add that you must note that this class has mostly new racers running it and that gives the impression they dont handle well. They do handle well but they have higher limits than the Losi Desert truck and are harder to go as fast. I love the truck but hate the class. it is too slow for me. Maybe people will start to mod them and we can have another class but that is a sore issue also. I think it will die off in a couple months.

Snaut Rocket 08-07-2008 04:41 PM

I think i will wait and get the slash possibly just cause of the part support at the lhs.
They carry no losi.
And im not going to get it right now, cause i want to see what associated comes out with.

For_The_Win 08-07-2008 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

and your just a big traxxas fan boy
WRONG!!!!! Im a AE fan. but i do like traxxas>

For_The_Win 08-07-2008 04:45 PM

And if i guy comes in here named For_The_Win dont listen to him. hes the big losi hater ever. all he dose is bash Losi without researching facts
LOL fixed it for you.

Hey the only thing wrong about this is. the fact i do research befor i talk trash.

Takedown 08-07-2008 04:58 PM

LOL fixed it for you.

Hey the only thing wrong about this is. the fact i do research befor i talk trash.
Your acting really immature "just like a newb...".:eek: Losi is a great company and I'd buy their products over AE anyday. Besides this isnt a "Losi Vs AE" battle anyways. Stick to the topic...

Chris_RC 08-07-2008 05:09 PM

No i didnt. But im not gonna lie. I hate losi with a passion. BUT if its good i wil say good things about.
Have you ever had a Losi vehicle?

Snaut Rocket 08-07-2008 05:28 PM

Hey can the desert truck handle brush less.
i know the slash can, but i like the looks of the dst so much better.

Chris_RC 08-07-2008 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Snaut Rocket

Hey can the desert truck handle brush less.
i know the slash can, but i like the looks of the dst so much better.
Some people run VXL/8 cell nimh and lipo and never have any problems but I heard of 1 person blowing their diff gear. A bunch of people that run brushless dont have a problem though. If you think about it how can a tranny gear strip if it is set up properly?

ozium 08-07-2008 05:34 PM

I've been running a MM/Velineon on 3s lipo for about 3 months now no problem. I even tried to strip the spur by tightening the slipper all the way and driving stupid but it still wouldn't break.