RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   help with brushless electronics. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/8302614-help-brushless-electronics.html)

Snaut Rocket 12-31-2008 02:14 PM

help with brushless electronics.

Just got my brushless buggy all together and my electronics are as follow.
2 2s lipos ran in series.
v3 mmm
and airtronics mx3 fhss.
Now my problem is one of the solders on the series connectors came off and i had to redo it, but wasn't a really good one.
Then i took it out to drive, and its running good but i get this stopping motion.
Like i give it throttle and slow down and then its like none of the electronics work steering or throttle and the car just puts for a couple inches then stops.
now i got full control of my steering and etc till it does it again.
The put is like something when a steering servo glitches or something but its with the motor and only goes a few feet then stops.
Is this like a bad battery connection or is it the speed controller.
Sorry thats really the best i can describe unless i make a vid of it.

Snaut Rocket 12-31-2008 06:33 PM

RE: help with brushless electronics.

come on guys a little help is needed.

Druss 12-31-2008 07:10 PM

try resoldering the joint if you think that's the problem. does the solder look shiny or dull and grey? you might have a cold solder joint. check the voltage at the series connector to see if you're getting the full 14.8v.

Snaut Rocket 12-31-2008 07:59 PM

Checked it and it came out to 14.4v
The solder does look grey.

Metallover 12-31-2008 08:46 PM

Check your low votage cutoff. You can either adjust it or charge the battery again.

Snaut Rocket 01-01-2009 10:13 AM

well the weird thing was the batteries were charged when it happen but i charged both of them in series with no balancer.
SO im recharging them sepretly hopefully that will help.

Druss 01-01-2009 11:14 AM

ya, maybe check each battery. espeically if you didn't use a balancer.

madmax22 01-01-2009 12:46 PM

snauty, sounds like your motor/esc connectors are loose, i directly soldered mine together, and i dont get this any more. good luck dude!

KRO 01-01-2009 01:38 PM

Is it re arming when it starts back up ? If so then its a loose joint somewhere on the battery side of the ESC or it could be the on/off switch is bad .

What is the LVC set at ? I wouldnt charge the batts in series either , just charge each one individually .