RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Duratrax Evader problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/8427316-duratrax-evader-problem.html)

idaho kid 02-01-2009 05:01 PM

Duratrax Evader problem

Hi, bought an Evader here off the classifieds an I'm having a problem (newbie). As soon as I let off the throttle the buggy just slam stops like applying full brakes. Any ideas? I hope it's a simple fix.
Thanks,
Gary

guver 02-01-2009 06:03 PM

RE: Duratrax Evader problem

Try resetting the esc with your transmitter.

Turn on TX , center throttle trim , then set esc according to instructions. OR just turn th trim towards forward slightly.

idaho kid 02-01-2009 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: guver

Try resetting the esc with your transmitter.

Turn on TX , center throttle trim , then set esc according to instructions. OR just turn th trim towards forward slightly.
Thanks guver, I tried that and it didn't help. Tried running for a bit and I think it should have more power, motor got hot pretty quick. Could it be the slipper clutch is set too tight? If so is there a simple way to adjust?
Gary

ScottStaypuff 02-01-2009 06:42 PM

Sounds like something is binding. I'd check the wheels and see if they spin freely. You may want to check the the pinion gear to spur mesh and possibly tear down the tranny.

idaho kid 02-01-2009 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ScottStaypuff

Sounds like something is binding. I'd check the wheels and see if they spin freely. You may want to check the the pinion gear to spur mesh and possibly tear down the tranny.
Thanks Scott, was just looking at the pinion spur gear mesh, seems pretty tight. So about how much play would you suggest between the two? Right now the teeth are almost flush not quite. Thanks for any advice.
Gary

nitrozach54 02-01-2009 06:57 PM

make it so you can pull an ordinary piece of notebook paper between the spur and pinion without the paper tearing.
thats the sweet spot.:D

nitrozach54 02-01-2009 07:04 PM

Also, check out the T.E.C.(The Evader Coalition), I recommend posting all of your questions regarding the evader there. There are lots of great people with lots of experience with the evader series there to help!

guver 02-01-2009 07:05 PM

While your at it you can remove the pinion, or just swing motor away from spur to check the vehicle to see if it rolls nicely.

idaho kid 02-01-2009 07:33 PM

OK, got it guys, basically it was a mesh problem.
Thank you all very much,
Gary