RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Electric Racing Buggy or Truggy Suggestions?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/8503141-electric-racing-buggy-truggy-suggestions.html)

bbspurgeon 02-21-2009 09:00 PM

Electric Racing Buggy or Truggy Suggestions??

Hello I was wondering what a peoples favorite electric buggys/truggys where. I am looking for a semi race ready and pretty good car. I currently have a couple nitro trucks just want to get an electric one. Let me know what you guys suggest.

evader8 02-21-2009 09:24 PM

RE: Electric Racing Buggy or Truggy Suggestions??

try looking at the electric 8ight from losi, very good racing truggy or buggy version.

FoamyVictim 02-21-2009 09:25 PM

Do you mean 8th scale? Are you asking about brushless conversions, or regular electric vehicles?

Chris_RC 02-21-2009 09:44 PM

The 8ight would be the best platform to start on. You can get the 8ight-E or 8ight-E 2.0 now and they come with an Xceleron brushless system. I was just at the track an hour ago, and an 8ight E was running, WOW.

overrev 02-21-2009 10:29 PM

The RC8 is also available in electric just as good as the losi eight better if you put the mamba monster combo in it. Four people at the track I go to run them all I can say wow.

For_The_Win 02-21-2009 10:40 PM

For 1/10 I would say the losi 2wd buggy or Team Associated B4 Or its 4wd b44. Are the best in 1/10

Chris_RC 02-21-2009 10:54 PM

ORIGINAL: overrev

The RC8 is also available in electric just as good as the losi eight better if you put the mamba monster combo in it. Four people at the track I go to run them all I can say wow.
The wait the 8ight was designed (i.e. centrally mounted engine) takes advantage of today's electric conversions. There was a thread on another forum I was on, and almost umamiously choose the 8 over the rc8 to do an electric conversion on.

For_The_Win, when they are talking about electric buggies and truggies you can infer that it is 1/8 scale.

EDIT: Here is the thread I was talking about. [link]http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/262459-ease-conversion-rc8-8ight.html[/link] Seems like the 8ight's offset driveline is a big + too to centrally count your esc and mtoor.

For_The_Win 02-21-2009 11:30 PM

Ahhh ok i gotcha. Ive been got for awhile... Lol i just took my buggy out of the box. So i hate to hi-jack this tread but. What should i get first a new radio or brushless system?

Chris_RC 02-22-2009 12:33 AM

ORIGINAL: For_The_Win

Ahhh ok i gotcha. Ive been got for awhile... Lol i just took my buggy out of the box. So i hate to hi-jack this tread but. What should i get first a new radio or brushless system?
Are you talking about your B4 RTR? What brushless system, what radio?

deanR 02-22-2009 01:00 AM

Most of the 8th scales at OCRC are converted RC8's

Chris_RC 02-22-2009 01:14 AM

ORIGINAL: deanR

Most of the 8th scales at OCRC are converted RC8's
Have you noticed almost no one uses Losi at OCRC? Thats why......Also no Losi factory drivers drive there.

overrev 02-22-2009 01:32 AM

Most people at my track run RC8 and mugen mbx5 or 6 electric and nitro

For_The_Win 02-22-2009 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Yeah i think i found a good radio Its the futaba Pl Fm 2-chennel. and brushless i was thinking something that has no reverse and try to be under 200.

Chris_RC 02-22-2009 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

Yeah i think i found a good radio Its the futaba Pl Fm 2-chennel. and brushless i was thinking something that has no reverse and try to be under 200.
For racing? You want to think about it this way: If your going to stick with racing for a couple years, go out and buy a NICE 2.4ghz radio. If this is your only car, then get the brushless system. Novak havoc 17.5 for stock, 13.5 for super stock. That should be all you need with _____ battery?

For_The_Win 02-22-2009 05:54 PM

Well. Either way I HAVE To get a new radio because it just broke today. and for the brushless. I was at my lhs and i was looking at the flux for it and the motor was super smooth. Is the flux good?

vnmsgt 02-23-2009 08:21 AM

You could look at the Caster Racing Fusion 1/8 electric buggy and the soon to be released Caster Racing F8T 1/8 Truggy. Both are purpose built electrics and not conversions. Way cheaper than a 8ight-E and other conversions and just as capable on the track.