RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Ideas for a four wheel drive Slash (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/8669663-ideas-four-wheel-drive-slash.html)

bluebirdrc 04-10-2009 11:23 PM

Ideas for a four wheel drive Slash

Ideas for a four wheel drive Slash.
Traxxas is ether waiting to bring this out later or they totally missed the mark.
I want an electric 1/10 scale 4X4 short-course Truck. The real ones have a 4X4 class don't they?
So lets say we start with a Slash body and see what this brain trust can do.
Is there a light weight, reasonably priced buggy that would fit? "Not the Revo". Had a Revo, great truck but not a simple light weight short-course Truck.
Or how about cutting a new chassis from fiber glass and installing buggy components?
Who has some ideas?

hands without shadows 04-10-2009 11:35 PM

RE: Ideas for a four wheel drive Slash

I'd like to see any kind of brand name 1/10 single motor basher style truck.

Recomend me some diffs that can stand up to brushless/3s Lipo and Masker 2000's and I probably can build it from there, depending on motivation levels.

hands without shadows 04-10-2009 11:37 PM

Btw; Traxxas does make the Slayer and just introduced the Mini Slash as well.

bluebirdrc 04-10-2009 11:40 PM

The Slayer is nitro and the mini is not 1/10 scale.
I enjoy racing the Slash but a 4X4 with a brushless setup of the same truck would be fun.

FairTax4me 04-10-2009 11:53 PM

A simple tub chassis, single battery, shaft driven 4wd, rear/mid motor, stadium truck style vehicle would be nice.

Krawlin 04-11-2009 12:22 AM

buy a E-Revo, buy Slayer arms, shafts, turnbuckles, and pushrods, and bumpers, and there ya go, 4wd electric slash/slayer.

bluebirdrc 04-11-2009 12:24 AM

A tub chassis or two levels of fiberglass or aluminum.
Single battery, single motor with mid engine design.
Light and fast.
Yes, this is what i,m talking about.

ChuckDeez 04-11-2009 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Krawlin

buy a E-Revo, buy Slayer arms, shafts, turnbuckles, and pushrods, and bumpers, and there ya go, 4wd electric slash/slayer.
thats too heavy. i have thought about it, but i rather wait until that day comes. The best was the HPI MT2 electric. 4wd, never again did I see a light weight 4wd.

bandit17 04-11-2009 01:53 AM

buy a slayer sell nitro engine and then by electric conversion kit. I think hot bodies still has a 10th scale 4wd st but it also would have to be strecthed and converted to electric. Or you could go all out and build it like a crawler, but get a hpi mt2 front independent suspension and get a solid rear axle and ad a swing arm type suspension. Then get a rustler transmisison run some drivlines to front and rear. Good luck on chassis design and the rest of the peices. I've wanted to do this but never went for it.

CarGuy7a 04-11-2009 02:02 AM

E slayer. NUFF SAID. look on ebay for a roller and you're set. there was one guy who made one a put it up on youtube it's stupid fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ_vhkh-Toc

ChuckDeez 04-11-2009 03:17 AM

thats monster status though. 1/8, You have to use 4s lipos and all that. I just want to use 2s lipo. Lightweight 4wd truck.

Flux Driver 04-11-2009 04:19 AM

That's getting super specific with the 1/10 size, 4wd, and lightweight. I guess best bet is to create something on your own. Or if you want an official 4wd Slash 1/10, as in stock from Traxxas, they'd have to decide to make one. But I would imagine if they did that now, some Slash drivers(there are a LOT of them already) will be like, "what!?!? I coulda waited and got that??" If they do it, it will be a while. Same reason why I would never get an E-Revo, knowing that the Brushless edition is available. Unless I wanted to put a different brushless system in it.

hands without shadows 04-11-2009 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: bandit17

buy a slayer sell nitro engine and then by electric conversion kit. I think hot bodies still has a 10th scale 4wd st but it also would have to be strecthed and converted to electric. Or you could go all out and build it like a crawler, but get a hpi mt2 front independent suspension and get a solid rear axle and ad a swing arm type suspension. Then get a rustler transmisison run some drivlines to front and rear. Good luck on chassis design and the rest of the peices. I've wanted to do this but never went for it.
You could use a Wheely King axle for the rear. Its beefy and uses the same diffs as the MT2 so you dont have to worry about different diff ratios.

stonecolded 04-11-2009 01:34 PM

I think if you want this truck on 2 cell lipo it will surely have big heat issues, guess that's the reason no manufacturer makes them like that. The slayer with a good kv Mamba max will do the trick. I know it's not 1/10 and not light but 4 Mashers 2k will burn you motors like matches.

bluebirdrc 04-11-2009 02:04 PM

How about something like this?

http://www.raidentech.com/1scexsublepe.html

Could it be mod to fit?

bandit17 04-11-2009 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: bandit17

You could use a Wheely King axle for the rear. Its beefy and uses the same diffs as the MT2 so you dont have to worry about different diff ratios.
good call on the diff ratio I didnt think of that

bluebirdrc 04-12-2009 12:40 PM

This is what I was looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D56

nitrosportsandrunner 04-12-2009 01:21 PM

that ebay ad is one awsome truck!!!
the breakaway fenders are a very nice touch.
the use of dark impack tranny is nice. traxxas doesnt have a tranny that could do the job better and be as light.
i would buy that truck in a heartbeat if i had the cash.

bandit17 04-12-2009 03:16 PM

that is awsome. Perfect example. I wonder if the a-arms are from the dark impact. I wish i had the know how to do that. I have a b44 I wonder if the same type of thing could be done?