RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   TeamNovak's "Build-A-Ballistic" Program (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/9272224-teamnovaks-%22build-ballistic%22-program.html)

NovakTwo 11-22-2009 12:53 PM

TeamNovak's "Build-A-Ballistic" Program

Next week we will introduce our new "Build-A-Ballistic" program to our store. This program allows customers to completely customize a Ballistic motor from the factory and have us assemble it for them.

The components that can be selected are:

~ wound Stator (16 choices)
~ bearings (ceramic or stainless steel)
~ rotor (3 choices)
~ input harness (3 lengths)
~ motor sleeve (5 choices)

~ +1300 graded rotors (NYA)

When we get the program on-line I will post a link. We also plan to offer customized motors to racers who wish to purchase Ballistics in quantity. Some international customers and tracks may run different winds-9.5 or 11.5.

redfisher1974 11-22-2009 01:27 PM

RE: TeamNovak's

I Likey.:D

sheograth 11-22-2009 05:43 PM

Sounds nice

NovakTwo 11-25-2009 11:59 AM

TeamNovak's Innovative Build-A-Ballistic program is on line

Build-A-Ballistic™

Novak is offering customers the opportunity to customize their own Ballistic motor with Novak's new, exclusive Build-A-Ballistic™ program. Because of the Ballistic Brushless Motor's ingenious rebuildable design, drivers can choose among dozens of options to create their very own personalized Ballistic Brushless Motor.

The benefits are obvious! Only through Novak's Build-A-Ballistic™ program can racers pick-and-choose among specialty hand-wound stators, upgraded ceramic bearings and improved, superior-quality sintered rotors to create their own perfect motor.

To ensure the highest quality, each Build-A-Ballistic™ motor is built by Novak motor-assembly experts. Each motor is custom built, individually timed based on your chosen wind passes numerous stringent brushless motor tests and includes a 120-day warranty.
If you have suggestions or questions about the program, please post them here.

redfisher1974 11-25-2009 12:30 PM

good job.

Access 11-25-2009 02:07 PM

This reminds me of those "build a bear" workshops where you end up with your own personalized teddy bear. It's a good idea on many levels, it gets people ordering direct (rather than through distributors), it hopefully gives customers options that large-scale distributors can't support, etc.

rclugnut10 11-25-2009 02:07 PM

VERY NICE i like it a lot VERY easy to use

maybe give a little info on what each choice does like what does rotor size do and such for us people who don't know

the lug

happywing 11-25-2009 08:48 PM

Yes, the choices seem pretty obvious except for rotor size. An explanation would be nice.

Access 11-25-2009 10:51 PM

I think it pretty much comes down to this.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Larger diameter rotor:
- More Torque (acceleration)
- Lower max RPM
- slightly less KV (more back-EMF)
- more efficient (generally)

The most dramatic difference is the torque. For high traction tracks, you want maximum torque; for low-traction tracks, you want less for smoother, more controllable acceleration.

NovakTwo 11-26-2009 09:45 AM

The 14mm rotor listed was primarily designed for crawler applications; it comes installed on our new Crawler Ballistic motors.

Not sure whether there is much demand for the 14mm rotor in standard racing applications. We are qualifying a new 12.5mm tuning rotor featuring higher temp magnetic materials; it will be added when available.

SlashBasher 11-26-2009 12:45 PM

Wow I like this alot. I am in need of a new motor for my ZX-5 and I was gonna buy a havoc system but now im gonna build the motor I want and buy an esc. this is sweet!:D

hobdean 12-08-2009 12:06 PM

So what is the difference in your stock 17.5 and a custom build? What is the best custom motor 17.5 for a hard packed indoor track? Wd40 and liquid soap was used to build the track. Track is a 48x68 small it medium size track. What gearing would you recommend for Kyosho RB5? I currently run a Team Orion Vortex 17.5.
Thanks,

Access 12-08-2009 12:18 PM

It's more the ESC. If you get one of those newer ESCs like the Mamba Max Pro with programmable forward advance, you can give the 17.5 a great deal of forward advance at the higher RPMs, giving you a little bit more power than anyone else.

NovakTwo 12-09-2009 12:58 PM

There should not be a performance difference between the motors built under this program and our production motors. I have noticed that many motors being ordered have the ceramic bearings installed-and the black motor sleeve! The sensor harnesses selected are probably more suited to the buyers' personalized installation requirements. One of the main features of the program is the availability of six "Specialty" wound stators that are not offered in our Ballistic production motors.

Specific questions about gearing or track conditions should be emailed to [email protected] I am not part of the Engineering/Technical group.

We have built and shipped all orders received over the Holiday week-end. We plan to offer our 1300+ graded rotors soon for an additional charge.

ORIGINAL: hobdean

So what is the difference in your stock 17.5 and a custom build? What is the best custom motor 17.5 for a hard packed indoor track? Wd40 and liquid soap was used to build the track. Track is a 48x68 small it medium size track. What gearing would you recommend for Kyosho RB5? I currently run a Team Orion Vortex 17.5.
Thanks,