RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/)
-   -   Need advice for a Short Course Bashing (Buying Now) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-off-road-trucks-buggies-truggies-more-147/9881969-need-advice-short-course-bashing-buying-now.html)

FP 4LC4PON3 07-22-2010 07:23 PM

Need advice for a Short Course Bashing (Buying Now)

Im looking for Short Course for Bashing in my area. Will be used for Dirt Area's with Some Small jumps & does have small Rocks in the area. What would you choose from best to least. I have a Local shop in my area that sells all Short course trucks so im buying Today.

JoshJ 07-22-2010 07:46 PM

RE: Need advice for a Short Course Bashing (Buying Now)

No matter what people say the Strike is a good all around truck. 2.4ghz, cheap, runs fast. Thats what I would go for. Alot of people say the slash, but IMO they are about the same.

ozzie-crawl 07-22-2010 08:59 PM

lol the strike is probably the worst out there. if racing look at the hyper or jammin. for bashing you cant go past the slash 2wd or 4wd

JoshJ 07-22-2010 09:41 PM

I want to hear why you think the strike is the worst. Ive had mine for a few months, and havent broken a thing. Bend the dogbones, but Losi replaced them, free of charge.

Krazy Chicken 07-22-2010 09:44 PM

do you or have you ever owned one? if not, you have know idea!

ORIGINAL: ozzie-crawl

lol the strike is probably the worst out there. if racing look at the hyper or jammin. for bashing you cant go past the slash 2wd or 4wd
He said he is bashing

ozzie-crawl 07-22-2010 09:51 PM

i dont have a strike but race and bash,i have seen a few at both,and there epic failures compared to other short course trucks
if the strike is so good name a short course truck its as good as or better than

Sherv 07-22-2010 11:31 PM

The strike handles well but falls apart from the stock motor. Stock motor on mine ate through the "pot metal" diff cups, broke many turnbuckles, ball cups, shock rod ends, and bent dog bones from the motor... Parts are on back order. Been waiting for my shock shaft ends for 2 months now, I used AE ones I had lying around and havent broken yet. Also the turnbuckles were out of stock for months so I ended up using the slash ones and they are superior.
THe transmission already started to fail too and this has been on flat surface no jumps or rocks... Pathetic.
I like my franken slayer I put together so I decided to get a RC10T4 FT Kit to replace my only electric POS (losi strike).
What ever you do.... avoid the strike. I say go SC10. It's my fav all around good truck. If you want to bash then go slash or blitz. the sc 10 is still my fav.

theunleet 07-23-2010 01:27 AM

My 2WD Slash has been to heII and back again. I have broken more parts on my Rustler than my slash, and I havnt even had it as long, says how durable the slash is.