Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya TT-01 problem with steering

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:40 PM
mtl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TT-01 problem with steering

I have A TT-01 with following hop-ups:
- ESC is regular from TT-01
- motor is LRP Runner Special 4: http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electric-mot...cial-4/details/
- radio set is LRP A3-STX Deluxe and A3-RX Deluxe (http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/transmitters...gs-set/details/
- oil dumpers, etc.

The problem is that after cca. 10 minutes of driving the steering just turnes fully left and then it does not react to anything. Then I was checking it and it started to work again (I changed batteries, etc.). It took some 5 minutes to work on it. When the steering is blocked forward and backward works, so the car runs in circules. What I have noticed is that now when the temperatures are higher (cca. 20 degrees of Celsius) the motor is quickly hot. Is there some kind of temperature sensor or where should I look for the problem? Is it radio set? Anyway, I am using NiMh batteries, could this be a problem, to little of power from batteries? Because one time that this problem occured, I have changed the batterie to full charged and it started to work normally.

I also have additional question: currently I have an alu heatsink, but I will have to buy heatsink with cooling fan. What should I buy that will be compatible, since TT-01 has very limited space around the motor?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tamiya TT-01 problem with steering

Have you checked the steering system for any faults? Best way is to remove the servo and turn the wheel using your hands as the servo, pushing and pulling the servo arm from where the servo horn sits. If it moves freely then it sounds like a servo issue. If you have a spare or from another car, try the servo from the other car with the existing electronics. If still doesn't work, try radio and reciever from another car.

So yeah the 3 suspects i would say are
faulty servo
disfunctional steering system
damaged steering wheel on radio
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
mtl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have checked few things and have remembered that this started to happen after I have changed the batteries in the car without switching off the car.So I did a test today and changed the battery with car switched off and there were no problems. I will do few more tests during weekend.Anyway, does anyone use alu heatsing with cooling fan? Which do you use, since there is very little space for this in TT-01 chassis?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cut off a bit of my upper deck to fit it.