Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TT01 M-Chassis

Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT01 M-Chassis

So I'm planning on purchasing the TT01 M-Chassis conversion from 3Racing and have some questions.
Bodies - I'm planning on getting the cup racer AE86 and Stratos bodies - Will they fit?
Wheels - Will my stock TT01 wheels fit? What wheels/tires will fit the above bodies?
Engine - I'm looking to get the fastest motor for the stock esc. What can it handle?
Gearing - What gearing should I get? How do I change it? I like the stock acceleration but want a higher top speed.
Ground Clearance - I would like to raise the clearance a bit for some light rallying. Will it work eith the conversion kit?
Thanks!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:16 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TT01 M-Chassis

Just get a new ESC, and a brushless motor I personally don't like the tamiya 104bk's cause they do NOT have a BEC built in and will fry certain receivers.
I have a 35A HW 9t setup in mine, and it was flying when I used it(I also did a few other upgrades on my E that might be standard on the M)
As for gearing I ran mine with stock gearing, but swapped out the pinion to a steel one due to seeing too many people shred their pinion on the TT01E boards
Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

I noticed that all the TT-01 series cars come with these weird plastic, oversized gearbox joints/ outdrive cups. If you want pure performance, replace those parts with this - they'll fit:

Tamiya # 19804237 RCGear Box Joint

www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php

This will take the clunk out out of the drivetrain.

I'ts interchangeable and fits like a glove, and lets you use TRF universal swing shafts as well.

Good luck

PS - They're currently stock with the M05 and M06 series cars, and I bought two TT-01 bevel gear diff packages and two sets of the outdrives mentioned above to fit my old skool TA02 car. They fit very nice and run smooth with a 4600Kv CM36 CC BL motor.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:13 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

I'm not looking to spend all that much right now. Will the stock ESC handle a 19t? And will a 19t really seem all that much faster than a 27t?

@dragnse7en - Thank for the suggestion, but I'm still not sure what it will do. How will it improve stuff?
Thanks!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

The parts I recommended will replace the kit's plastic outdrive cups with steel ones.

If the esc is the stock Tamiya one, then no, it cannot handle a 19T. The TEU-104BK can handle up to 25 turns or more, and the TEU-302BK can handle motors with 23 turns or more.