Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

I'm getting pissed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm getting pissed

Ok I have owned a Tamiya TB03 for a while now and have dumped lots of cash on hop ups but the rear diff keeps stripping. Its starting to tick me off, I am going through a diff gear every 3 runs. I will be going over seas in 3 weeks and where I'm am going there is no parts support so I dont want to strip a gear then be left hanging for 7 weeks. What should I do?

I am using the Spec R Gear Diffs. Its anoying hpw everything on this car is perfect except the diffs. I don't want to get another car yet.

Please Help
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm getting pissed

Have you tried going back to the ball diffs? Try using them, and back off the tension somewhere between 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn, from the kit instructions, after they're assembled. This will let them slip just enough to act as a slipper.

Your 3S lipo setup might be something else to consider. As another alternative, try toning it down to a 2S hardcase, and gear it up.

If you go for the 2S option, then I'd imagine that the Spec Rdiffs should be fine.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:29 AM
warnos16v

What part of the gear diff are u stripping. The inner gears or the outer diff housing?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Haddi Taha

I am stripping the outer diff case, I am going to get more shims so i can move the bevel gear closer to the ring gear and move the ring gear left or right so it is completely in place. I also ordered brand new bearings as the old ones are trash.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:48 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Did you check to see if the gearbox cases are the parts that are causing the ring gear to have that much play?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Haddi Taha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MYKhz7ZHTU

Here is a video of the problem
Old 09-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Haddi Taha

problem fixed, i shimmed the gear box and the rear prop joint so there is less play and I decided to drive slowly on 2s for 2 battery packs so the new drive train breaks in then use 3s. thank you all for your help, the car handles like a dream now and is quite as a belt drive