Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

Check out the new RC from Traxxas.... It is a 1/7 scale car.. Looks interesting but there is no where around here that you could get it up to that speed before you ran out of space..

http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1

video....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0DMa8seF9w[/youtube]

Suggested MSRP is $1099.99....

100+mph Out of the box!
NEW Castle Mamba Monster Extreme Speed Control
NEW Traxxas Big Block Brushless Motor
NEW TQi 2.4GHz Radio System with Docking Base*
NEW Integrated speed, RPM, and voltage Telemetry System*
NEW Patent-pending Cush Driveâ„¢
Factory Equipped with Traxxas Power Cell 3S 5000mAh LiPo batteries
Shaft-driven All Wheel Drive
Machined 6061 Aluminum C-Hubs, Steering Knuckles, Axle Carriers, and Shock Towers
Hard-anodized GTR Shocks
Steel Splined (SS) dual-CV Driveshafts
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
esavagenoobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!!! Official Traxxas XO-1 1/7 onroad....

I think its pretty awesome!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:34 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have time or the ability to see pics or vids from the office, I'll check them later, so let me just ask... Is this basically an answer to the DM-one and Inferno GT type cars?
Old 11-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Tarasdad

I only have one thing to say about this new Traxxas release...

Meh.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:02 AM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

*** where is the 1/10? Oh so you can only get a body from traxxas. It will be like the rally cars no aftermarket bodies for a year. Only hacked kits on fleabay for a stock painted body at an $80 cost. Looks cool , but they should have made it a standard 190mm touring car w/ that setup in! Then you would see some heads turn
Old 11-30-2011, 05:06 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

I'd like to see it do 100mph without taking off. It doesn't have enough weight to keep it on the ground. they might have been better off putting on extendable wings to make it a flyer lol. it looks cool tough. and im glad it comes with the castle system and lipos out of the box.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I'd like to see it do 100mph without taking off. It doesn't have enough weight to keep it on the ground. they might have been better off putting on extendable wings to make it a flyer lol. it looks cool tough. and im glad it comes with the castle system and lipos out of the box.
You don't need 20lbs to keep this on the ground at 100+mph just aerodynamics
With the CC1717 motor this car should have way more power than what is needed to reach 100mph...
But in kinda dissapointed.... and being 7th scale and needing a I-phone app to make this run 100+mph...
Well that's all marketing and Traxxas only
And really no good places to run. Well you'll need a big runway!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

This has got to be the stupidest gimmick has traxxas released yet...

Requiring a blasted POS apple product to get full use out of the RC is udder ridiculous. How hard would it have been to put a LCD screen in the damn remote? My cheap Flyskys even have a LCD screen capable of doing that, and they cost less than traxxas's RTR radio...

Will say I kinda like how the body looks, and the rims also look kinda nice, but other than that it looks like trash.

Is it me or does the axles look half plastic even...
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 AM
srt10

I'm not going to bash, but I do agree....
Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 AM
steed2-inactive

i hope the sales on this product fail completely, all due to the whole requiring and ipod or iphone to reach the vehicles capability. what the hell is wrong with traxxas. they severly need to remember they are in the rc hobby.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 AM
msdtyu

I think its a neat concept but not many people will buy it because of the steep price. but if you think about it from traxxas's point of view, they probably sell a boat load of rustler vxls because of the speed on the box, and when people will see 100mph they will metaphoricly crap there pants. and besideds, with that much speed comes that many broken parts
Old 11-30-2011, 08:04 AM
tomst-maxx
My Feedback: (8)

I dont understand why you need a iphone/ipod to get this to reach it full potential. If its all about fine tunning i bet if i put my spektrum system in it it would do the same thing. it just sucks that you pay all that money for a car and stiull have to change out the rx and tx
Old 11-30-2011, 08:09 AM
paba60
My Feedback: (96)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I don't have time or the ability to see pics or vids from the office, I'll check them later, so let me just ask... Is this basically an answer to the DM-one and Inferno GT type cars?
You got it Foxy...

Looks to have Pede/Slash 4x4 syle drivetrain....17mm hubs...CVs look pretty beefy but, it's hard to say...laydown steering servo...metal shock towers....mamba monster with the CC cap bank...maybe a Castle/Neu 15 series (1650Kv)...body looks sick.

Folks are beating it up already...but looks to be an OK platform....

For the Money ($1099 on Tower)....i'd have me a used DM-1 or Inferno GT though...
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Foxy

Underwhelmed. Where are you supposed to run something like that, and what's the point of such a nice body if you can't see it when it's running? Silly model, but hey, people who want fast shiny things and have more money than sense are gonna love it. They'll run it up and down the street a few times, then even they are going to say...er, what now?

All I can say is I hope the body fits on a proper hobby grade 1/8th-1/7th GT car.

Oh, and as for 'Ready to Race', yeh my local track has a rampant 1/7th GT class, and there's enough room on the straight to reach 60mph...oh, wait...
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 AM
t9dragon

Never seen Traxxas post a waring like this for any of their other RC's

THE XO-1 IS FOR EXPERTS ONLY.

YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING WARNINGS
AND PRECAUTIONS BEFORE PURCHASING OR OPERATING THE XO-1.
Experts Only! This product is not a toy. This product carries our highest skill level rating, 10, and is not intended for use by children or minors younger than 16 years old. Individuals younger than 18 years old require responsible adult supervision during operation and maintenance. The XO-1 is only intended to be owned and operated by experienced users, with advanced skills, and expert driving ability. Responsibility, maturity, and common sense are required. This model must be treated with absolute respect and caution to ensure the safety of yourself and others around you. It must only be driven at its top speed on a closed course such as a racetrack or drag strip where there are safety barricades and pedestrian access controls. Operating the XO-1 in a careless, unsafe manner, without adequate care and preparation, can result in collisions with catastrophic consequences such as serious injury or death. Know your limits. Be honest with yourself about your true ability and be certain you have a location where you can safely run the model. The XO-1 contains LiPo batteries. LiPo batteries have a severe risk of fire and injury if they are improperly handled, abused, or misused. User must read and understand all included instructions, warnings, and precautions regarding the handling, care, and use of LiPo batteries. A LiPo balance charger (such as the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus sold separately) is required to charge the batteries. Consult Traxxas or your hobby dealer if you do not know what a LiPo balance charger is. NEVER USE A NIMH OR NICD CHARGER TO CHARGE LIPO BATTERIES AS THIS CAN CAUSE FIRE RESULTING IN PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.

SKILL LEVEL 10
This product carries our highest skill level rating and is not intended for use by children or minors younger than 16 years old. Individuals younger than 18 years old require responsible adult supervision during operation and maintenance.

USE CAUTION WITH LiPo BATTERIES
The XO-1 contains LiPo batteries. DO NOT charge the included batteries with a NiMh Charger. LiPo batteries have a severe risk of fire and injury if they are improperly handled, abused, or misused. User must read and understand all instructions, warnings, and precautions in the XO-1's manual regarding the handling, care, and use of LiPo batteries. A LiPo balance charger (such as the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus, sold separately) is required to charge the batteries.

CLOSED COURSE ONLY!
Only drive the XO-1 on a closed course with safety barricades and pedestrian access controls. This is to prevent the possibility of injury or death resulting from collision with the model by another human being or animal.

PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED USE
Keep the XO-1 stored with the batteries removed, out of the reach of children and protected from access by any other unauthorized driver. Lock the power system whenever the model is stored to prevent access to its full 100mph capability by unauthorized drivers.

DRIVING 100MPH
The XO-1 is the world's first Ready-To-Race radio controlled car, capable of speed that exceeds 100mph. Driving at 100mph should never be done casually, without careful thought and preparation. Operating the XO-1 in a careless, unsafe manner, without adequate care and preparation, can result in collisions with catastrophic consequences such as serious injury or death. Know your limits and act accordingly.
SAFETY IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
All of us at Traxxas want qualified users to safely enjoy the XO-1. IT IS ESSENTIAL that you read and follow all the precautions and warnings in the XO-1 manual, its included documents, and any cards or tags attached to the model. The abbreviated precautions outlined here are NOT a substitute for reading the complete warnings and precautions included with the model, in its manual, and included documents. All warnings and precautions MUST be strictly followed to help ensure safe operation.
You alone must see that the instructions are followed and the precautions are adhered to.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 AM
srt10

Underwhelmed. Where are you supposed to run something like that, and what's the point of such a nice body if you can't see it when it's running? Silly model, but hey, people who want fast shiny things and have more money than sense are gonna love it. They'll run it up and down the street a few times, then even they are going to say...er, what now?

All I can say is I hope the body fits on a proper hobby grade 1/8th-1/7th GT car.

Oh, and as for 'Ready to Race', yeh my local track has a rampant 1/7th GT class, and there's enough room on the straight to reach 60mph...oh, wait...
Foxy, I couldn't agree more...
I would love to do a 8th scale onroad car... one that can actually be raced and still hit amazing straight away speeds
Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Never seen Traxxas post a waring like this for any of their other RC's

THE XO-1 IS FOR EXPERTS ONLY.

YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING WARNINGS
AND PRECAUTIONS BEFORE PURCHASING OR OPERATING THE XO-1.
Experts Only! This product is not a toy. This product carries our highest skill level rating, 10, and is not intended for use by children or minors younger than 16 years old. Individuals younger than 18 years old require responsible adult supervision during operation and maintenance. The XO-1 is only intended to be owned and operated by experienced users, with advanced skills, and expert driving ability. Responsibility, maturity, and common sense are required. This model must be treated with absolute respect and caution to ensure the safety of yourself and others around you. It must only be driven at its top speed on a closed course such as a racetrack or drag strip where there are safety barricades and pedestrian access controls. Operating the XO-1 in a careless, unsafe manner, without adequate care and preparation, can result in collisions with catastrophic consequences such as serious injury or death. Know your limits. Be honest with yourself about your true ability and be certain you have a location where you can safely run the model. The XO-1 contains LiPo batteries. LiPo batteries have a severe risk of fire and injury if they are improperly handled, abused, or misused. User must read and understand all included instructions, warnings, and precautions regarding the handling, care, and use of LiPo batteries. A LiPo balance charger (such as the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus sold separately) is required to charge the batteries. Consult Traxxas or your hobby dealer if you do not know what a LiPo balance charger is. NEVER USE A NIMH OR NICD CHARGER TO CHARGE LIPO BATTERIES AS THIS CAN CAUSE FIRE RESULTING IN PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.

SKILL LEVEL 10
This product carries our highest skill level rating and is not intended for use by children or minors younger than 16 years old. Individuals younger than 18 years old require responsible adult supervision during operation and maintenance.

USE CAUTION WITH LiPo BATTERIES
The XO-1 contains LiPo batteries. DO NOT charge the included batteries with a NiMh Charger. LiPo batteries have a severe risk of fire and injury if they are improperly handled, abused, or misused. User must read and understand all instructions, warnings, and precautions in the XO-1's manual regarding the handling, care, and use of LiPo batteries. A LiPo balance charger (such as the Traxxas EZ-Peak Plus, sold separately) is required to charge the batteries.

CLOSED COURSE ONLY!
Only drive the XO-1 on a closed course with safety barricades and pedestrian access controls. This is to prevent the possibility of injury or death resulting from collision with the model by another human being or animal.

PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED USE
Keep the XO-1 stored with the batteries removed, out of the reach of children and protected from access by any other unauthorized driver. Lock the power system whenever the model is stored to prevent access to its full 100mph capability by unauthorized drivers.

DRIVING 100MPH
The XO-1 is the world's first Ready-To-Race radio controlled car, capable of speed that exceeds 100mph. Driving at 100mph should never be done casually, without careful thought and preparation. Operating the XO-1 in a careless, unsafe manner, without adequate care and preparation, can result in collisions with catastrophic consequences such as serious injury or death. Know your limits and act accordingly.
SAFETY IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
All of us at Traxxas want qualified users to safely enjoy the XO-1. IT IS ESSENTIAL that you read and follow all the precautions and warnings in the XO-1 manual, its included documents, and any cards or tags attached to the model. The abbreviated precautions outlined here are NOT a substitute for reading the complete warnings and precautions included with the model, in its manual, and included documents. All warnings and precautions MUST be strictly followed to help ensure safe operation.
You alone must see that the instructions are followed and the precautions are adhered to.
LOL... let me help you out...
All apart of marketing....
Old 11-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Foxy

That warning is extra hilarious, since nobody who takes the hobby seriously (experts) is gonna want one of these. [&:] Unless they have their own indy car track of course, or maybe a runway, and binocular vision implants (sold separately). Injury or death? Hey dude, why don't you lie on the track while I drive my Traxxas into your head at full speed?

/shakes head in disbelief.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: paba60

You got it Foxy...

Looks to have Pede/Slash 4x4 syle drivetrain....17mm hubs...CVs look pretty beefy but, it's hard to say...laydown steering servo...metal shock towers....mamba monster with the CC cap bank...maybe a Castle/Neu 15 series (1650Kv)...body looks sick.

Folks are beating it up already...but looks to be an OK platform....

For the Money ($1099 on Tower)....i'd have me a used DM-1 or Inferno GT though...
Thanks, and I'm sorry I'm one of those who is 'beating it up', but it sorely deserves it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:05 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

I will say I would love to see one hit a low grade ramp, or even a bump to see it take off like a airplane
Mod the wing to give elevation,and steering with some micro servos
Old 11-30-2011, 09:09 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Not everyone these days is looking for speed. That car is so low and if you hit a pebble at 100mph and get air underneath it or it flips, your s.o.l. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice looking car, but very impractical. If anyone on this website buys one, post vids cause i wanna see this thing.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
FoamyVictim

It sure looks cool, but as was said, not very practical. How many people have the space to run this thing the way it was designed? It would've made allot more sense to make it 10th scale, and help on road racing come back.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Foxy

I get teh feeling there will be a lot of spares on ebay, when a lot of their target 'experts' demographic crash them into a curb or a car tire at 70mph+, which will reuslt in total destruction of the vehicle. That is one BIGASS motor by the way, if you never had one in your hand, it's hard to appreciate. It is not going to want to stop when the rest of the car does. It's going to tear a swathe through everything in it's path at say, 80mph. Kinda reminds me of this video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0ukD-kJaU[/youtube]
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
srt10

I get teh feeling there will be a lot of spares on ebay, when a lot of their target 'experts' demographic crash them into a curb or a car tire at 70mph+, which will reuslt in total destruction of the vehicle.
LOL
Ebay is my friend!
I even have 5 of these Castle 1717 motors like that's in this car
Old 11-30-2011, 10:21 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

It sure looks cool, but as was said, not very practical. How many people have the space to run this thing the way it was designed? It would've made allot more sense to make it 10th scale, and help on road racing come back.
I would have to agree with you a 1/10 or even 1/8 would have been a better choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.