Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

OFNA JL10E or HPI Sprint 2

Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Arevir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA JL10E or HPI Sprint 2

Hi is there are more pro's with one chassis over the other?
Im talking about this version
http://www.ofna.com/jl10e-drift.php
or HPI Sprint 2 Drift or Flux but were be talking about the chassis here electronic not a biggie

Thanks
Old 01-05-2012, 08:11 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: OFNA JL10E or HPI Sprint 2

JL10E.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
FoamyVictim

Shaft cars do better when you have rocks and things to deal with. Belt seems to handle higher performance motors better.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
The_Shark

ive had a nitro OFNA CD3 built like a xray (sadly ofna discontinued it, i hate i sold that car)

no expiriance on a electric OFNA but from my expiriance with nitro models they are overbuilt and come with many features you find on higher end models. i was going to shoot for one but ended up with a formula instead.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

There is also the little bit about the Sprint 2 being a piece of crap.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:14 AM
FoamyVictim

I know a few guys that run the Sprint 2 with good success. I've heard the same gripes about the Ofna. Truth be told, you won't find a better deal until you shell out the extra $150-$200 for a high end machine.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: FoamyVictim

I know a few guys that run the Sprint 2 with good success. I've heard the same gripes about the Ofna. Truth be told, you won't find a better deal until you shell out the extra $150-$200 for a high end machine.
yeah, but if its a parking lot machine you can still get a good rig cheaply for that need.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Steve.

I built my son a JL10E with a Sidewinder V2 and a 6900kV motor. It is so insanely fast it is barely drivable.....
Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
gokemidoro

It's been a while since I posted anything here, at RCU, but had to chime in here.

Arevir,

I had an Ofna JL10e Drift. It is now in the hands of a friend, but I can say it is better than the HPI S2 in many ways, not the least of which is quality of the parts and durability. The front suspension is pillow ball, like Traxxas monster trucks, and is easy to adjust and VERYdurable!
The chassis plates are CRP, instead of straight plastic, and are stiffer than the S2. The steering is nice and tight, unlike the S2, which has a LOT of slop in it. The JL10e Drift is also mid-motor, which balances the chassis better. The S2 is "butt-heavy," which makes it harder to learn drift with (not impossible, but harder than the JL10E Drift).

Option parts are also readily available through Ofna, and are MUCHless expensive than HPI. Either can be made to swap between grip driving and drift with a few extra parts, but the Ofna also beats out theS2 in this area, too. Allthat is needed with the Ofna is an extra rear diff, and another set (either grip or drift, depending) of wheels and tires. It can be accomplished with much less money, too!

I would tell you to go to both HPIand Ofna online sites, and compare prices of OEM and option parts.

I will be getting another JL10e shaftie model this year, and make it a rally. I like Ofna, they make good stuff for a great price.