Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Digging up my old TC3, need help with dumb question.

Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Digging up my old TC3, need help with dumb question.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digging up my old TC3, need help with dumb question.

Is a TC3 Team car a 180mm chassis? If so does that mean I need a 5mm offset wheel to properly fit a 200mm body? I remember a had an HPI 200mm body and it seemed to wide for the chassis. I have not ran this car in about 10 years and it seems all my knowledge is long gone. Will the retro looking HPI wheels fit the TC3?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:59 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Digging up my old TC3, need help with dumb question.

Electric tc3's are 190mm. HPI's vintage wheels are only available in 0, 3mm, and 6mm offset, so HPI recommends using the 3mm ones with 2mm wheel spacers.
From hpi's site:
"To fit a 200mm body on a standard 190mm chassis you need to use front and rear 3mm offset wheels. For additional spacing use 2mm hex spacers on each side and use part #Z678 Aluminum Thin Lock Nut M4. "