Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Good 4wd rtr brushless?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good 4wd rtr brushless?

So im having trouble finding a RTR onroadelectric rc car, 1/8... I want it to be fast, but also be able to just buy some drift tires, put em on and its a drifter, any ideas?

Also i would want a good shell/body pre painted :/<br type="_moz" />
Old 03-14-2013, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Good 4wd rtr brushless?

There's something you should know about 1/8th gt cars. Firstly, they aren't exactly scale (they are short and fat compared to 1/10th, almost cartoonishly so), though there are some bodies that look better than others because the real life versions have short wheelbases, such as Porsche 911s and Audi R8s. The Corvette and the Aston Martin are well known gt bodies that also look good. Not good enough though compared to a 1/10th scale. You could probably make a Porsche 911 look scale enough to be a drifter, but this is generally why there aren't many drifting 1/8th.

Here are the cars you're looking for though... bear in mind the Kyosho DRX and HPI WR8 are not gt cars, and in terms of chassis size are more like 1/9th and use smaller electronics. While fun, they aren't 1/8th GT cars.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...d-Ready-to-Run