Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya Body mounting F103 v F104 v F104w

Old 06-05-2014, 05:06 AM
rpangrazio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Body mounting F103 v F104 v F104w

I was wondering if it was physically possible to use a body made for one Tamiya F1 chassis on another. I understand that it won't be scale realistic, but I just need to know if the holes are the same. The reason why is I am trying to build a custom body, and I can only find information for an F103. I wanted to know if I used one of the other chassis designs if it would work.

Thanks in adavance.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Vyger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sir they are not. The 104's use a different location than the 103's and 102's. This is why the re-release bodies from the 103 days don't come with holes anymore. The 104's have been relocated due to the newer chassis design and the larger/taller side pods on the newer bodies. The front ends are also different and require more trimming on the 104's. Hope this helps.