Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

Looking for a tractor trailer that doesn't cost to much

Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Looking for a tractor trailer that doesn't cost to much

Old 12-31-2014, 09:54 AM
Friggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Looking for a tractor trailer that doesn't cost to much

Hello,
I have been looking for a tractor trailer for years. I know that there is the Tamiya truck that cost a lot. Yes they are awesome, but I can't afford them. But I also don't want a $19.99 KMart special either. Is there anything in between? Or even a dump truck would be cool as well. But mostly thinking big rig. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 12-31-2014, 08:09 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in all honesty the tamiya is pretty much it for what you want
unless you want to make your own out of another cheaper RC

The dumptruck isn't the hardest thing to make you can make a basic 6wd RC out of a cheaper RC some use redcat axles off their MOA, some use SCX10's, or Wheelie Kings(I used a WK for my 6wd truck)
It all depends on your skill level

generally people post scale stuff in the crawler section here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/ as this forum is more for drifting, and speed cars.
you can look around there for inspiration as for example someone recently made a 1/6th scale G.I. Joe jeep out of a SCX10. There is also a pile other similar projects there.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:46 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I have 2 RS10 axles and motors; one is uninstalled. I'll take $15+ shipping if you plan to do what SyCo said.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Friggs

Thanks for the replies. I will look around and see what is being done in the other forum. collector1231 I will let you know if I decide to go that route.

Thanks,

Bill