Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Old RC monkey getting back on the horse...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 01:58 PM
g60madman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old RC monkey getting back on the horse...

So I used to be a hardcore RC monkey back in the early 90's. I used to own a pimped out RC10 gold pan, Airtronics Radio & Novak Speed Controller, and some rocking 15T motor at the time. When I had some cash and was older in early 2000's I moved into a TC3 RTR Nitro followed by the Traxxas Revo after that I moved to heli for about 10 minutes and was done by 2007. It's 2015 and the game has changed majorly. Now that my Son is old enough I went out and bought him a Grasshopper to bring back some of that fun I had when I started out with the Subaru Brat (will be here tomorrow w00t!). Since I have been getting all excited about building the grasshopper with him I couldn't help myself and checked out Team Associated's site to see the RC10 is back again as the worlds car.

After checking out the car I started hunting down motors and ESC. From what I am seeing, all the brushless motors require a special ESC and from what I am seeing if I want to run the max 8.5T motor I am going to need run a Lipo battery? Is there anything you guys would recommend in terms of brushless and ESC that will work with an NiHM battery setup and 8.5T? Since I just got a bunch of hardware for the Grashopper I wanted to stick with NiHM as we will just be racing in the backyard and possibly mesa by our house. Also for what it's worth I also have an old remote that came with the my TC3 the JR Racing XS3 FM, my hope is I can reuse that to save a few bucks.

Thanks in advance,

Joey