Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEWB ? - Losi 1/10th Drift-R tires

Old 07-26-2016, 03:40 PM
surjer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWB ? - Losi 1/10th Drift-R tires

I know this is probably one of the stupidest questions ever asked but here goes. I have a LOSI Drift-R rtr that I have had for years. Pretty much as soon as I got it I ditched the wheels that were on it, stuffed them off to the side, and got some foam tires to run at the local indoor track. Well, fast forward to recent times - There is a new indoor carpet "drift" track that my son is totally into. We ran our car there a few times and after tonight noticed the tires were getting really bald. I looked up the tires and they don't make them anymore. Sooo, my question is - Is there another "similar" tire I can purchase that will fit on the existing rims? Can you remove the tires that are on the current rims or do I have to buy a whole new set of rims/tires. That looks to be around a 50 dollar purchase for 4 rims/tires. I am hoping there is a more affordable route. Thanks in advance!

Here is the car we have. (It's basically the XXX-S but marketed for "drifters" - http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB0289
Old 07-28-2016, 09:35 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice vehicle. What I would suggest, is get you some PVC pipe and some old random wheels. Take the wheels to Lowes and find a bit of PVC pipe that the wheel can fit pretty well into. Then once you get it home, pull out a hacksaw and then cut off a piece the width of the wheel. After doing that, wrap the lips of your wheels with a layer or two of electrical tape and slide the PVC right on! Cheap, works great, and super easy. I had a bunch of drift tires for nearly only $15.