Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Help me pick an on-road car!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Hoyle33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick an on-road car!

I have two off-road RC’s, but want to get a dedicated car for the road

Looking for something that is reliable and fun, budget is no more than $300

Must be electric and either 1/8 or 1/10 scale
Old 07-04-2019, 05:58 AM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi hoyle, if you want an ON ROAD touring car that is fun and reliable team associated tc 6 tc 7 on road cars electric are nice carbon fiber chassis ( for asphalt ) aluminium chassis for indoor carpet rc racing
these cars must be set up properly with chassis set up with caster ,camber toe in , toe out front and rear ride height etc. for them to preform properly also with the right shock oil and differential oil , some
rc touring cars are belt driven and some are shaft driven . these touring cars are real fast making left and right hand turns with the right steering servos , motors 25.5 , 21.5 , 17.5 ,batteries and esc s . there are 5-6 rc touring car manufactures 1/10 scale
that are real good for on road cars if this is what you are looking in 1/10 scale , hope i helped you ok mugey
Old 07-13-2019, 11:37 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

if you're not racing, iv heard good things about the Vaterra V100.
can't go wrong with a Tamiya TT-02 ether. it's a basic kit, but has massive aftermarket support. almost endless hop up potential if you want it.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Avinash5546

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say Tamiya TT-02, same as guy above. The only reason being that every part is available online and its a great machine it self, if anything breaks, you are guaranteed to find the part either online or at a local hobby store. Also, the car is widely available for you to mod yourself