Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TC5

i was considering getting a team factory tc5 kit and was wondering how good they are? are they durable? how hard is it to change belts? what are the pros and cons of this car?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
R35_tunerVision

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TC5

This car is excellent.I own one and so far I love it. Plus changing belts are easy since this is the easiest car to work on.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from the pics it looks easy to change the belts just wasnt sure. about how long does it take you to change a belt. right now on my sprint it takes about 20-30 mins to change a belt. i love the belt drives so i was looking for a upgrade to my sprint. what motor/esc are you running? i was thinking novak or mamba max for a bl system.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:40 PM
R35_tunerVision

It will take like 15-20 minutes. Plus the belts on the tc5 are a new type of belt that can take lots of abuse. Come on man when I saw my tc5 I looked under the chassis and there were big 2 inch holes accessing the belts. When I saw this I imagines a life of belt changing. But the can take it.
BTW I am now running a MAMBA MAXX 7700 with 7 cells.

Also tuning this car is so easy. Racers say that the tc5 is the easiest car to work on.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Adamg-RCU

Just get one, man. They took all the good design features on the market and manufactured it in Asia. That's always a great purchase for the consumer.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

On my Cyclone, it takes a total of 10 minutes to change both belts (pop off 4 ballends, remove 14 screws all really easy since they're all threaded into metal, take diffs out, swap belts, insert 14 screws, pop on ball ends, done!) I know this despite not having driven it because I realized that I had abnormal play in both diffs, and realized it was from putting the wrong number of shims in.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Suprachrgd82

Compared to the Tamiay TRF415, Cyclone and Kyosho Stallion, what do you guys think of the TC5?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
R35_tunerVision

The tc5 is just like all of those cars put together into one really good car.

ORIGINAL: Suprachrgd82

Compared to the Tamiay TRF415, Cyclone and Kyosho Stallion, what do you guys think of the TC5?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Suprachrgd82

Does it come with a spool?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Adamg-RCU

Nope, it comes with a pair of diffs.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
rc10b4_racer

the tc5 is not THE easiest car to work on. tc5 shocks take about 4 mins to adjust dampaning as well as everyother rc car. t2 from what i hear take like 30 seconds per shock. the cyclone seems to be easier imo to change belts. the tc5 is good but not the best in every catagory. and on the cyclone theirs slots to access motor screws, on the tc5 its near impossible to get to the screws. im not trying to dis your car its a very excellent car but nothing can be "THE BEST"............and corally has the lowest cog and the t2'007 has the most effecient belt system ratio.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Myhre
My Feedback: (3)

I love my T2'007, got to try it out at the track today. It handled so well. The multidiff rocks. In my opinion right now the XRAY T2'007 would be the "better" car when stacked up against the TC5, but the TC5's parts are at least 15-30% cheaper on average than the XRAY parts. So if you've got the cash for the steeper parts, go XRAY, otherwise I'd go TC5.

My Type R is being temporarily retired.

I really like my Cyclone(not as much as the XRAY) as well, but parts are pretty expensive as well.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Suprachrgd82

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=85955

Finally finished the body...
Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Not directed at anyone, but a lot of us on this forum are Associated worshippers. I'm not blameless either (I'm an AE worshipper too), but we need to look past the brand and evaluate the car itself.

I think B4Racer's evaluation is much more objective.

By the way, people are running option belt pulleys on Cyclones to get better internal drive ratios. Also helps free up the tranny.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Suprachrgd82

WIth all due respect, I must concur that the draw to AE is not in any way undue.

Granted, they are not always the most precicion or tunable cars on the market, must of the desire to buy AE is the availablity of replacement and aftermarket parts. AE seems to be readilty available at more LHS' than do Serpent, XRay, Losi, Tamiya, and other like brands.

Beacuse of this, many hobbyists have and will continu to purchase AE.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
associatedrules

The only thing about the TC5 that I didn't like was the factory set up. I run on a paved track, so I had to change springs, dampening, remove swaybars, change rear arm mounts, and more that I don't remember. I realy wish they would have offered a paved edition and a carpet edition. If you're running on pavement you may want to look into the Cyclone or the Xray.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Fiegs

ORIGINAL: associatedrules

The only thing about the TC5 that I didn't like was the factory set up. I run on a paved track, so I had to change springs, dampening, remove swaybars, change rear arm mounts, and more that I don't remember. I realy wish they would have offered a paved edition and a carpet edition. If you're running on pavement you may want to look into the Cyclone or the Xray.
The stock (suggested set-up) was the only thing I didn't like about the TC5. Carpet and paved editions would have made things a lot easier. Don't let that scare you away from buying one, you will have to fiddle and fine tune any car one the market according to your driving conditions and style.

My first time bringing my TC5 to the races I knew it wasn't set up properly, so i got there early and keep trying different set-ups until i got it right. By the time the races rolled around my car handled like it was on rails, and having the power of a mamba 7700 on li-po's didn't hurt.

I was also very happy with the cars durability. I got clipped at the end of a long straight and ended up hitting the wall with the front right side of the car. When the turn marshall handed me my car the body was all cracked on the right side, but the car only suffered a broken steering knuckle.
My speech is over now

Bottom line is that all of these cars are going to perform extremly well when they are set-up properly. It was such are close decision for me when i had to choose a touring car that i went for the tc5 because i liked the blue aluminum.(Probably not the best way to choose are car, but it worked out for me.)

OK, im done now. LOL
Old 10-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Cory Ream

Just got a new TM E4 built. Smooth buiding and an amazing car. Went with a basic setup for it first few times around the track. A few adjustments and was dialed for the night. The E4 has such a unique design no other model comes close to it. But i will be purchasing a Xray T2'008 when they arrive.

and that kyosho i think is way over priced. Nice car but not for that money! Look at the new Schu MI3. Those are amazing cars. there is like no top deck on it!

the TM E4
http://rctech.net/forum/attachment.p...7&d=1193093719
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Raguvian

ORIGINAL: Suprachrgd82

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=85955

Finally finished the body...
I love that body. Good job on it.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-24-2007, 03:24 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: rc10b4_racer

the tc5 is not THE easiest car to work on. tc5 shocks take about 4 mins to adjust dampaning as well as everyother rc car. t2 from what i hear take like 30 seconds per shock. the cyclone seems to be easier imo to change belts. the tc5 is good but not the best in every catagory. and on the cyclone theirs slots to access motor screws, on the tc5 its near impossible to get to the screws. im not trying to dis your car its a very excellent car but nothing can be "THE BEST"............and corally has the lowest cog and the t2'007 has the most effecient belt system ratio.
correction the TT-01 is THE BEST CAR EVER,
1- cheap to buy
2- can be used for many types of racing
3- easy to build and maintain
4- easy to fit spares / hop ups
5- Tamiya provide THE BEST build manuals ever

1 bad thing though,
it is IMPOSSIBLE to change the belt on them
Old 10-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Cory Ream

If the TT-01 is a shaft drive car... no belt. Theres the TL-01 its belt driven brother, both are entry-level RC cars. And the tt01 is far from the best car. Its a good car if your on a budget. I dont know how a TT-01 got brought up in this post, not even in the same ballpark as the TC5.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:39 AM
rcluke

ORIGINAL: Cory Ream

If the TT-01 is a shaft drive car... no belt. Theres the TL-01 its belt driven brother, both are entry-level RC cars. And the tt01 is far from the best car. Its a good car if your on a budget. I dont know how a TT-01 got brought up in this post, not even in the same ballpark as the TC5.
i was having a laugh, i know the TT-01 is shaft driven, i own 2 of them, i have built 3 of them.
and by the way the TL-01 is SHAFT DRIVEN not belt driven,
and it is obviously not in the same ballpark as the TC5, thats why i was having a laugh about it.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:38 PM
tag682001

hay just thought ide let you know tc5s are a good car but i like the corally rdx better and hyperdrive is comming out with a sick chasis for it soon you can find used rdxs for about 200 bucks
Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Akirasoft

ORIGINAL: Fiegs

ORIGINAL: associatedrules

The stock (suggested set-up) was the only thing I didn't like about the TC5. Carpet and paved editions would have made things a lot easier. Don't let that scare you away from buying one, you will have to fiddle and fine tune any car one the market according to your driving conditions and style.

My first time bringing my TC5 to the races I knew it wasn't set up properly, so i got there early and keep trying different set-ups until i got it right. By the time the races rolled around my car handled like it was on rails, and having the power of a mamba 7700 on li-po's didn't hurt.

I was also very happy with the cars durability. I got clipped at the end of a long straight and ended up hitting the wall with the front right side of the car. When the turn marshall handed me my car the body was all cracked on the right side, but the car only suffered a broken steering knuckle.
My speech is over now

Bottom line is that all of these cars are going to perform extremly well when they are set-up properly. It was such are close decision for me when i had to choose a touring car that i went for the tc5 because i liked the blue aluminum.(Probably not the best way to choose are car, but it worked out for me.)

OK, im done now. LOL
Would you mind chiming in with a good starting point for a pavement setup? I'm picking up a tc5 as an xmas present, ordering the goodies to complete the kit. Need to figure out what weight oil I should have laying around for it, springs, etc. Not that I'll be running on pavement till the spring, but it pays to be prepared. Just need to find a carpet track for wintertime running!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Suprachrgd82

The factory provided springs are super stiff, along with the near vertical, outward shock position.

After having driven mine on pavement for the past few months, I have found that 45wt shock oil and stock silver TT-01 springs yeild the best traction.

Currently, I'm running HPI belted X-pattern soft tires, front spool, and rear aluminum out drives with a Novak Brushless. Handling is very neutral. There is a bit of understeer under power, as can be expected with brushless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.