Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

which TC to choose

Old 02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which TC to choose

Hey guys well I Thought and thought and thought and im leaning towards buying a Touring Car or a 1/10 4wd buggy and I thought hey there are like 3 onroad racetracks within 40 miles from me and I could actually run there over the winter months so I want to get into TC Ive had just about every sort of RC under the sun except for a touring car so why not? so I was looking at an Xray T2007 Europe spec (rubber tire), FT TC5, or a hot bodies Cyclone, Tamiya TA05 R, and maybe a losi. listed in order of most wanted to least wanted. I know all should be rather competitive kits but again im not really sure of much in this area so if you guys could help me out a little it would be great. I dont want to stray too far out of 400 for the kit in fact I would like to be under that if possible. I was thinking about getting the T2R or the cyclone S but I thought that would just leave me wanting more so I decided to go for the pro kits instead. any help?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
mkoresh12

Default RE: which TC to choose

Tamiya has a ta05ms that is still in your range and its all carbon fiber like the others. I have the regular TA05 with a few upgrades and love it. I haven't driven the others so I can't compare. The track I run at is mostly xrays and 1 or 2 TC5's. Handling wise I seem to be on par with most of them. But any of those kits would be a good investment. GO with what you can get parts for easiest.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
acexxxoasis

I could get parts easiest for the TC5 just because its an associated. but it just doesnt jump out at me so much as some of the others.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:51 PM
cheech4

Xray T2 007
Old 02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
acexxxoasis

actually cheech how is the t2R compare? I was interested in those originally but i dont know is the money well spent going to the pro level chassis?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: acexxxoasis

actually cheech how is the t2R compare? I was interested in those originally but i dont know is the money well spent going to the pro level chassis?
i have the T2R and its very similar to the t2 cuz i have one also. few minor differences everything but the diff outdrives and the chassis are the same. the outdrives and wheel hex adapters are of a composite material and the chassis and top plate are fiberglass instead of carbon fiber... everything else is the same, arms are the same you still have all that alloy. if you can get your hands on a T2R grab it, i think its the best bang for the buck if any touring car kit, 200 $ wow. and no need to worry about the outdrives being plastic the new 008 are plastic just designed different and trust me there tough, not one problem running my 60 mph vortex 3.5.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
acexxxoasis

well id only be using a GTB and velociti 7.5 for now that was alot in a 2wd truck/buggy platform so I dont see the 4wd being a big ole fiasco with it and your right 200 does sound better then 400+ ALOT better and also couldnt you upgrade it with the graphite chassis easily? its just the lower and upper deck that would need changing correct? (id actually prefer to keep the FRP shock towers) I liked the T2R because its not a complete chassis redesign like say the Cyclone S which is a composite tub and if im saving 200 dollars or so I could actually buy a few sets of batteries or a high speed digital servo instead of what im running now a futaba S3305MG if I got the digital I can actually use the "FASST" section of my radio (3PMFS) and supposedly get quicker speeds and such. so thank you cheech!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: acexxxoasis

well id only be using a GTB and velociti 7.5 for now that was alot in a 2wd truck/buggy platform so I dont see the 4wd being a big ole fiasco with it and your right 200 does sound better then 400+ ALOT better and also couldnt you upgrade it with the graphite chassis easily? its just the lower and upper deck that would need changing correct? (id actually prefer to keep the FRP shock towers) I liked the T2R because its not a complete chassis redesign like say the Cyclone S which is a composite tub and if im saving 200 dollars or so I could actually buy a few sets of batteries or a high speed digital servo instead of what im running now a futaba S3305MG if I got the digital I can actually use the "FASST" section of my radio (3PMFS) and supposedly get quicker speeds and such. so thank you cheech!
correct, you can upgrade to carbon fiber if you want, i actually have an extra carbon fiber chassis and top plate to turn my T2R into a T2. i also have a futaba 3pm fasst system, man that thing boogies, lol..
Old 02-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Adamg-RCU

Used 007EU for $220 is a pretty smart buy in your position.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Adamg-RCU

Used 007EU for $220 is a pretty smart buy in your position.
i agree i got my T2 for 125$, but if someone doesn't want used and wants to buy new then the T2R is a pretty darn good TC for the price.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
westphill24

What do you guys think about the TA-05 IFS? Although most people race the TC5,Xray (ofcourse) and cyclone do you think the TA-05 could still be competitive? Or is it just a parts thing?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:36 PM
westphill24

From where I cant find one anywhere? I cant even find a T2 on fleabay?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
acexxxoasis

well all LHSs have the T2r on backorder been like that for about a year. so no luck there and the T2007 = discontinued T2008 = 490 out of budget so why is TC either able to be on the real cheap and have to upgrade everything or 1000 just to get started? so TC5 maybe the cyclone? is the cyclone anygood i know moore and hara used em but theyd be fast with a turd on wheels. looks like the tc5 may be it or maybe just a cyclone? I dont know anymore help me out guys!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Adamg-RCU

Shop for used touring cars on the biggest and best TC forum on the net, rctech.net .
Old 02-13-2008, 07:35 PM
evosrock101

hey a few days ago i was talking to a guy who works at my local hobby car store he suggested to me the TC5 the kit only has the chasis, suspension etc. but it costs 350 and its all carbon fiber so its good quality and its made by team assc. but im sure you knew that he also told me its pretty easy to work on and. to be honest im new to onroad too but he was giving true statments that convinced me to think about it.

good luck
Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: evosrock101

hey a few days ago i was talking to a guy who works at my local hobby car store he suggested to me the TC5 the kit only has the chasis, suspension etc. but it costs 350 and its all carbon fiber so its good quality and its made by team assc. but im sure you knew that he also told me its pretty easy to work on and. to be honest im new to onroad too but he was giving true statments that convinced me to think about it.

good luck
I am new to this myself and was looking at the Xray 007 and the corally.....then my LHS guy told me to get the TC5, easier to work on, great kit for the money and I in no way would be able to see any difference in performance...I have nothing to base one kit over the other and my driving skills are well in line with my time racing. With that being said, I'm happy with my choice of the TC5!
Old 02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
cheech4

i dont know about the corally but my xrays are extremely easy to work on, so i dont know what you LHS is talking about.. Tc5 is a great touring car but i dont think its better quality wise than an xray.. as far as racing that all depends on driver cuz both cars are great racers.