Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

losi brushless prolbum

Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 PM
87warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi brushless prolbum

hey every one i bought a brand new losi xcelorin brushless system for 1/10 scale vehical i have it on a traxxas stampede i know its a truck but losi is more on road but im running a venom 5400 mah on the 6400kv i have one use out of the batt sence this motor was put in now the motor is like jumpy on take off some times or it wont take off at all other times and it smells like something buring from the motor. my traxxas velunim system did this befor it went out the battery is fully charged there is the red light on the side of the ecu along with the blue and yellow, thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 07:30 AM
racerj3

Default RE: losi brushless prolbum

First off did you calibrate the ESC to your radio? It seems pretty minor but its actually really important to do Otherwise the red light is when the low-voltage cut-off is reached, and the yellow is thermal overload.

I do know a few guys at my track were having problems with the capacitor and when that goes bad your ESC will act mightily strange, and could cause the problems your seeing, and if it is that just call Horizon they have decent customer service.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
87warrior

yea thats the first thing befor i drove it after hooking it up i took it off the truck today and noticed the compassitor was broken so idk the motor has less then 20 minits on it. i called horrizion today im gona send it out tomarrow and hope for the best is this a common prolbum with this speed controllor
Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
racerj3

Its more of a problem with Losi's sensored ESC's, they would burn out, but I've noticed Losi has started to put on bigger capacitors. So maybe after you get it back it won't be a problem again.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Anyone know what the Losi brushless systems compare to ? Like to Novak 8.5 , 6.5 and etc ?