Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

TC4 question for the stock racers out there

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TC4 question for the stock racers out there

Ok, im entering my local tracks stock sedan racing. Im getting a nice TC4 in a trade. It will be stock with the LRP esc. First off what good stock 27t motors do you suggest? Ill be most likely getting a trinity midnight TWO 27T, and/ or a Green Machine 3. Are these some good motors to start with, or is there a King of 27 turns stockers out there? Im more knowledgable with off-road motors and applications. so a little help to get me going would be great!! Its basically a parking lot firehose type of track. Short with alot of turns and one straightaway. Also what stock replacement parts should I stock up on for a typical track day. Thankfully its hosted by my local Hobbytown so theirs parts available on the spot. But so I dont have to run back and forth anything I should make sure I have? Especially considering some of the drivers drive the class as if its off road.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:41 AM
droppedgmc
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TC4 question for the stock racers out there

the co27 is a great stock motor also
Old 09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
droppedgmc

parts to stock up for a stock car...a-arms, front shock tower, cvds(the stock ones will snap more often then you think, unless you swith to aluminum), steering knuckles.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Custnam

"Composite CVDs are included": composite as in plastic? CVD's wouldnt be that much more expensive for them to produce. Even steel ones would work. That'll be a definate first upgrade.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:00 PM
droppedgmc

good choice
Old 09-28-2008, 02:20 PM
jmcvicker

parts to have on-hand. And, definitely the right tools for the car (get good allen wrenches of the right size). And, share info from the more regular racers and find out about how to set up the car for your track there.

- A-arms
- hinge pin mounts
- spare tires
- variety of pinion gears and spare spur (or both the 72 and 69 variants). Buggy blast spray to clean the motor from time to time. Trinity racing bushing oil for the motor.
- pair or two of spare brushes for the motor.
- maybe one or two different springs for shock tuning and two or three different shock oil weights (25-40wt, give or take).

For stock class, Co27 is great. You can gear it up and get some pretty good straight away performance but if you have lots of turns, gear down. Maybe a 23/72 ratio. You will do best by practicing turns rather than messing with speed. Don't over-gear and make sure you can control the car well. that's just a start but you will eventually end up with a bunch of spare parts of you scan eBay for spare parts lots for your model. Sometimes you can find fantastic deals on parts lots that fill up your toolbox real easily. I wish more people would run stock TC. There are so many running Pro Stock at my local track. I enjoy the closer competition in stock vs. the 19-turn or 13.5 brushless classes.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Custnam

jmcvicker : First thank you very much for the info. Im actually going to print your reply and keep it on hand. It was that good. I totally agree about the stock class. IMO its just more fun. Any of the modified or pro classes gets wayyyy too serious for me, and quite honestly my budget. I see some of the cars in the modified classes sitting on the tables and I swear they look like show cars with all the aluminum. Yes I agree it looks great, and alot of those parts can help, but I seriously doubt all the parts were bought with perfomance in mind at the time. "more bling my car better, ha, ha". for me Im going to take this as it goes. If I break something over and over I may go aluminum, carbon fiber, etc. But Ill make those decisions as I go. Ill tell you this from experience my first upgrade is going to be going to spectrum. I truly need to. Ive lost races in the past due to interference (when I use to race mini Z's) And I was very rudely reminded of that when I hit the track for practice and my car was all over the place due to someone else not channel checking properly. We use a very simple clothesline clip set up. (non roar sanctioned thankfully), If you don't have the clip with your radio frequency on it your NOT ok to turn your radio on. But some kids that were there werent paying attention to that. My racing experience in the past got me to not want to race for 2 reasons, #1 parts falling off, breaking, etc when your leading the race, and #2 going into a wall again while leading a race due to frequency interference (before spectrum technology). Next time I get a little extra cash I think Ill pick up the Spectrum DX2 I think its called. Then if Im right as to how they work Ill just need another spectrum receiver and it can run both my cars as long as I bind them?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv62878.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1043019