Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official HPI E-10 Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:42 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

ORIGINAL: rag6

Hi all. Been in the hobby for many years, but new to this site. Was thinking of picking up an E10. want to use it for both drift and parking lot bashing. I have a sidewinder/4600 combo ready for it. I will only be using 2 cell lipo. I read a few posts in this thread about plastic pinions (for the difs) may not be up to the power of bl (any steel or alum versions avail?). Like all my rides, I would like to make it durable from the getgo and not break the bank to do so. I am not concerned with bling, but if a nice alum part is the most sensible and cost effective way to achieve my goal then so be it. Was wondering of any weak points that I should address when I make my inital purchase that has not been covered in this thread already? So far I think I should get bearings for the diffs (what size?), cv axles for the front (which is best value for handling the power of the 4600?), an aluminum center drive shaft (will the stock one fail?), alum steering bellcranks and adjustable turnbuckles( what mm for camber and toe?), alum shocks, assorted 48p pinions (what is the range if the pinions that fit?), and some vintage tire/rims (will 26mm frnt/30mm rear fit?). I will purchase the assembled rx7 kit with clear body. I also have a Team Associated XP3D fm for it. Thank you for any help in advance. It will be greatly appreciated!-rag6
i havent broken anything but mine was upgraded from the start, i would reccomed before replacing anything try it, if it dies not brake dont replace it, all i reccomend is get the kit version & put it together with some TLC & fit the bearing kit (dont worry about the size just get the ones for the e10)
how about when u get it lets talk about the setup, no real poin if u dont have one yet
Old 06-13-2009, 08:46 PM
phmaximus

All the parts in mine were purched from ebay Australia, ebay US, & liquidrc.com
Old 06-15-2009, 09:00 AM
prontozuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i have basically read this thread fron to back a couple of times. and i have a question what is better for bearings. the original ball bearing from HPI or some of the ones off ebay with the teflon

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Teflon-sealed...3A1%7C294%3A50

Thanks James

Old 06-15-2009, 08:11 PM
phmaximus

dont know but im using ebay ones
Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 PM
POKEPOKE

im actually thinking about buying one of these. are they worth it? and how fast do they go?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 AM
laza41

can you please give me steps on how to install an alluminum driveshaft?
thanks, josh
Old 06-16-2009, 01:20 AM
laza41

YES! i got mine about two weeks ago it is awesome, i am already learning most drifts and am upgrading mine.
they max out at about 30-35mph stock and can be upgraded to go about 40-45 like mine.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:30 AM
laza41

does anyone suggest a fireball 21t motor or should i stay stock
Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
92notch
My Feedback: (4)

totally off topic but i wish HPI would make a FOX BODY MUSTANG 190mm body in the Notchback and hatchback versions
Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM
rag6

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: rag6

Hi all. Been in the hobby for many years, but new to this site. Was thinking of picking up an E10. want to use it for both drift and parking lot bashing. I have a sidewinder/4600 combo ready for it. I will only be using 2 cell lipo. I read a few posts in this thread about plastic pinions (for the difs) may not be up to the power of bl (any steel or alum versions avail?). Like all my rides, I would like to make it durable from the getgo and not break the bank to do so. I am not concerned with bling, but if a nice alum part is the most sensible and cost effective way to achieve my goal then so be it. Was wondering of any weak points that I should address when I make my inital purchase that has not been covered in this thread already? So far I think I should get bearings for the diffs (what size?), cv axles for the front (which is best value for handling the power of the 4600?), an aluminum center drive shaft (will the stock one fail?), alum steering bellcranks and adjustable turnbuckles( what mm for camber and toe?), alum shocks, assorted 48p pinions (what is the range if the pinions that fit?), and some vintage tire/rims (will 26mm frnt/30mm rear fit?). I will purchase the assembled rx7 kit with clear body. I also have a Team Associated XP3D fm for it. Thank you for any help in advance. It will be greatly appreciated!-rag6
i havent broken anything but mine was upgraded from the start, i would reccomed before replacing anything try it, if it dies not brake dont replace it, all i reccomend is get the kit version & put it together with some TLC & fit the bearing kit (dont worry about the size just get the ones for the e10)
how about when u get it lets talk about the setup, no real poin if u dont have one yet
No real point in "having one" if it cant handle a full power holeshot with brushless. I don't like spending hours building something just to have it break the first time I get into the throttle, only to have to spend more time in dissasembly, and a week or two of downtime waiting for parts that I should have purchased from the get go. Thanks for answering the bearing question. Could someone help me with any of the others? I would appreciate it, thanks, rag6!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:34 AM
prontozuk

This is mine. HPI RTR E10 Nissan Skyline R32. Have only played for a couple of hours so far. I seem to be having a problem with the main drive shaft. It keep sliding to the back which then pops out of the bottom and I loose front drive…. I give it a bit of a firm wriggle and it is back. Ball bearings are going in now.

Thanks James
Old 06-24-2009, 06:15 AM
SIRCC

here's are first video

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3FUI1nDA2c[/link]
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 AM
92notch
My Feedback: (4)

when i get my sprint 2 and some drift tires will be heading down there to race
Old 06-25-2009, 07:50 AM
FireFrenzy

With some luck by the time i get home my Alloy Central shaft, alloy suspention cross members and bearings will be there:P Fixxing up my RC car on the bosses time at my job tonight will be SWEET:P

All installed and i do believe its a bit faster but mainly they're "shiney" pimp my RC/ide
Old 07-12-2009, 06:04 AM
phmaximus

lol nice
Old 07-13-2009, 06:13 AM
FireFrenzy

need to wait for my paycheck to clear so i can order some loving from atomicrc... Bummer i got those suspension mounts or i would have gotten those conversion pieces to "normal shocks" since oil filled shocks are alot cheaper for non-e10 models... well i guess its the way it is...
Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
nbla

Alright guys, I got a 12T ESC and a Venom 13T motor for my E10, installed everything and it works. However, I seem to have put the gears too close or something because the motor is running REALLY hot... Does anyone have any tips? Tried to loosen the screws up to jam it out a bit, but it doesn't really help...

Also, it seems to go faster backwards, is that normal? (maybe it just feels that way)

Thanks
Old 07-16-2009, 05:37 PM
nogoer

Just got back form my first drifting trip with my new e10 ford gt. I know this isnt a super drifter but i do really like it! I have a couple questions though. I just couldn't get any good drifts going, i know partly because i dont have drifting tires but it also seemed like it just didnt have the tourque to break loose. The bigger question though is the body keeps catching on the front tires and getting sucked up. Does anyone have any tips on keeping the tires from grabbing the body? Maybe my adjustments to lift it so it didnt keep dragging on the ground are actually making the other problem worse?

I think ill try a little gearing tweaks for some extra tourque and try again once i get some drift tires.

Thanks guys
Old 07-16-2009, 07:23 PM
genitor

Try raising the body mounts.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:36 PM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: nogoer

Just got back form my first drifting trip with my new e10 ford gt. I know this isnt a super drifter but i do really like it! I have a couple questions though. I just couldn't get any good drifts going, i know partly because i dont have drifting tires but it also seemed like it just didnt have the tourque to break loose. The bigger question though is the body keeps catching on the front tires and getting sucked up. Does anyone have any tips on keeping the tires from grabbing the body? Maybe my adjustments to lift it so it didnt keep dragging on the ground are actually making the other problem worse?

I think ill try a little gearing tweaks for some extra tourque and try again once i get some drift tires.

Thanks guys
umm i hate to brake it to u but u need drift tyres to drift, the only way to overcome this is fit drift tyres of a crazy brushless motor. nitro cars cant even drift proplary on rubber tyres. i would recomend getting some PVC tape & tape up ur wheels & see hoe it goes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 AM
nogoer

yeah i know i need actual drift tires. I'm headed out today to get some rims and abs pipe to try that route since i dont feel like spending 40 bucks on a set of good tires just to learn drifting. I was more concerned about answers to the body getting sucked into the tires during turning since it's an annoying problem.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:46 AM
phmaximus

ok, m8

are u able to post a pic? what body are u using? im thinking your body might not be sitting correctle or the holes are in the wrong spot. can u describe it more? could be as simple as cutting out the wheel arch more
Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 AM
phmaximus

yay ebay rocks, just got another chassis for $45AUD yay also ordered a S13 silvia body. still need to order some light bucketts
Old 07-24-2009, 11:09 PM
HeliDude35

Whats up guys. Lifetime of R/C, and now it's time for my kids to play. They liked the drifting cars so I bought them 2 HPI E10's. We Love them. I saw someone mention PVC/ABS tires..... Man that is a money saver!! The HPI T-Drift tires are better, but expensive. So I buy ABS, cut it up, bevel the edges, and let the boys use these to practice. Then, on Saturday nights, we throw the T-drift tires back on and head to the track were it is too slick for the ABS. The ABS tires work great on rougher roads, and most parking lot / street areas, theyare very inexpensive, just keep aset of the T-Drift tires around for areas where it is too slick for the ABS tires. Next I will try PE pipe (Polyethylene) It should be the perfect medium between ABS/T-Drift tires. We just don't have any around here right now. I would even recomend trying the SUSHI tires off Ebay,,,,Cheap,,, and the work is already done for you.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 AM
momogt

i just got me a e10 this is my first r/c i see you guys talk about drifting and track racing but im a drag racing fan i have upgraded my e10 with a speed gem 15t ,a.i super pro lrp esc ,aluminum driveshaft,hpi v groove tires with rims 3mm offset up front 9mm offset in the rear and a hpi sway bar kit i have the mustang gt-r body the car is way faster now then it was stock but i love speed so i ordered a speed gem exterme 10t is it a big difference between the 15t and the 10t i will go brushless soon but im gonna do that in a sprint 2 but first thing first how fast would you say my car is with current set up my goal with this car is 40 mph its hard to keep straight now because one pull of the throttle and its gone i enjoy this car so much i just like the thrill of upgrading and seeing how fast i can go i have alot of aluminum upgrades on the way im thinking of next year building me a 60ft r/c drag strip here at my house on some extra land i have

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.