Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official HPI E-10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:23 AM
momogt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI E-10 Thread

i just put a speed gem 10t in my e10 to go with my lrp 10t esc that didnt last long as my motor leads from the motor melted i was thinking of makiing my own motor leads from 12 gauge wire and some male /female connectors pluse the car was fast but if i put in 5000 battery pack will it make it faster then the 3000 pack i have now because when i hook my stock 27t motor up  the car was way faster then when i first got it im a newby to r/c so any advice will help oh ya whats the small pinion you can fit in these cars i see in a old post someone used a 17t pinion i want to put in a 19t with this 10t motor right now im running the stock 22t
Old 07-29-2009, 02:57 AM
DJ919

ORIGINAL: solo13

I was thinking about using this car for TA racing. Has anyone donr that yet. if so whats your setup
Don't know if you've received any advice for this question... I race V-TA primarily. I love the E-10 as a nice starter for those just getting into RC, be it racing or drifting. As far as racing V-TA, i wouldn't recommend using an E-10...It's just not made to compete on serious racing levels. If you're looking for RTR for V-TA, try any of the other RTR platforms ...My lady has an E-10 that she races in the powder puff league, but she's usually running against other E-10s.....Again its great for starters , but wouldn't be able to compete with models that are more race tuned ( Hot Bodies, Losi, AE,..etc..etc.)
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 AM
momogt

made my own motor leads advanced the timing 10 degrees all i can say is wow this car is fast with the 10t speed gem with the lpr super pro a.i 10t esc . i do manily straight line racing with my friends my buddies sprint 2 sport with a 13t couldnt hang with me i was wondering will my esc handle a 7t single hand wound motor just for a to b racing
Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NO the ESC will not go to 7t, ur best bet is to go brushless

with the battery it might make it faster but u need to find out the max current supply from each, a good way to go is a lipo battery thay can supply more faster. a good one wold be say "7,4v 3,000+mAh 30c". but i think u might find u will burn out the brushes heaps faster, with my e10 i tested a 13doubleturn with 11.1v batter & the brushes lasted about 5 minuts. so it went back to stock.

pinion gears are cheap from ebay.com

u wouldent belive the power of brushless, it allows for overgearing for crazy speeds.
take a look at my tl01 buggy it has a yeah racing 3900kv motor, 19tpinion, tuned gearset it has enuff take off speed to lift the front wheels & sometimes flip it, & has a top speed of 108km/h (venom speed meter)
only thing is its very hard to take off with out it spinning out of controll even with the punch set as low as it goes
but u should be able to do somthing like this with the e10 that would make it diff poping, axle striping, gear smashingyly fast

over the next week i might try the bushless setup in the e10 & see how it goes

Old 07-30-2009, 10:15 AM
momogt

yes iv beem looking at a momba max  5700kv or 6900kv system for my e10
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM
momogt

took my e10 out today to a parking lot it was fun for a while but then my car stop the standard plugs on my esc and battery melted together got them apart then i looked at my rear tires the had come off the rims this car is plenty fast with the 10t speed gem exterme a lrp esc but will it be ok to cut off the plugs on my esc and battery and use heavey duty connectors to connect  the wires i dont have a soldering iron and i dont know how to anyway im not going brushless in this car because ofn the limited gearing but my next car will be a sprint flux
Old 08-01-2009, 11:53 PM
phmaximus

hey guys got the coolest thing the other day, its a plate that goes under the chassis & reduces cracking. here is a pic of it on the chassis for the AE86

finally got the new chassis & the silvia body started painting it but i ran out of paint bugga. still needs some work but its getting there
still need to get a exhaust tip, boot badge & some mirror stickers for the rear view mirrors [&:]

Old 08-02-2009, 12:08 AM
phmaximus

ORIGINAL: momogt

took my e10 out today to a parking lot it was fun for a while but then my car stop the standard plugs on my esc and battery melted together got them apart then i looked at my rear tires the had come off the rims this car is plenty fast with the 10t speed gem exterme a lrp esc but will it be ok to cut off the plugs on my esc and battery and use heavey duty connectors to connect the wires i dont have a soldering iron and i dont know how to anyway im not going brushless in this car because ofn the limited gearing but my next car will be a sprint flux
hummmm, u can use high current spade connectors that cant melt off, neerest model shop should have some.
but i think the problem is the gearing it to tall, shure it will be fast, but it will be a constant problem, once the wires stop melting off u will find the brushed will wear away alot faster. for any brushed motor there is a brushless equivalent.
I searously recommend brushless, then its just a matter of how fast u want it. the highest kv rating allways mean it will be faster because its very easy to make a car have a stupidly high, power to weight ratio meaning the power curve will be nearly impossible to drive, with out it spining out. yeah racing & ez run are very cheap compared to others & both are basickly the same just diffrent logo & very reliable (most are waterproof)
im planing to try a brushless setup in the stock chassis i have to see what happend, i think it will take it, might be noisy with the plastic main shaft tho.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:57 PM
momogt

my drive shaft came out during a crash cant find the shaft the connects the driveshaft to the gear box the e10 manual isnt helping do anyone the part i need all i can see is my small 15t gear in my gear box so my car is disable right now
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM
phmaximus

let us know is u need help finding a replacement part
Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 AM
FireFrenzy

is it the central drive shaft which came out? if so you can just follow the directions to dismantle it for a "drift to touring" conversion as you normally would according to the manual and then revese the procedure to reassemble. I have had my front dogbones dislocate when i stuck my e10 underneath a heating raditator but my central shaft has so far stayed put *knocks on wood*
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 AM
momogt

yes i need to what part to order im not sure what part to get
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 AM
phmaximus

can u post a photo? or describe the part more?
is it the purple main shaft in this photo?
http://media3.dropshots.com/photos/2...022/202314.jpg
Old 08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
momogt

no i have that shaft its whatconnects the shaft to the gear box
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM
FireFrenzy

the shaft from the middle differential to the rear axle? perhapse? or one of the ones from a differential to a wheel?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
momogt

middle shaft to the front axle its in touring forum not drift
Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 AM
phmaximus

ok i know the one the little on from gearbx to diff.
Atomic make a alloy one & is avaliable from ebay. ATOMIC HPI E10 Alu. Main Shaft Adaptor EDF002
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 AM
phmaximus

Hows HPI have realeased some more upgrades for the e10 apart from the ALUMINUM CENTER DRIVE SHAFT, ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT SHOCK SET, LOCKED DIFFERENTIAL SET, COMPLETE BEARING SET, STRUT TOWER BAR SET, SWAY BAR SET & UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT SET.
these parts are

ALUMINUM MOTOR MOUNT

ONE-WAY DIFFERENTIAL SET
Old 08-04-2009, 12:11 PM
momogt

i found out what broke its the plastic end off the 15t gear in the gear box  that slides through the plastic bushing i can see the gear just sitting there
Old 08-05-2009, 03:37 AM
HomeDawwg

Nice to see HPI finally released an alloy motor mount. The first thing i bought for my e10 was the hot-racing aluminium motor mount, imo is an essential item otherwise the gear mesh just isnt right and changes as you drive the car. Only problem is the hot-racing mount only fits one way, and doesnt allow me to use the car in touring mode. Hopefully the HPI offereing allows you to use it in touring mode as well
Old 08-05-2009, 07:52 AM
phmaximus

yeah about time, mind u i havent hadent any problem on mine with the stock motor.

ummm im still not to shure why ur mount will not work in touring mode bit it does in drift? no offence have u physically tryed it?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 AM
momogt

got my E10 going again today i put my 15t motor back in till my new pinions get here the 10t speed gem extreme with 10 degree,s of timing was a bit to much for the drivetrain on this car i had to replace my front differential gears ,my 65t spur, and my pinion but for a newby at full speed i handle the car pretty good but the sway bar kit helps out alot car stays straight uat full throttle i was running a 22t pinion on the 10t but im gonna run a 18t or 19t next i like the quick acceleration not so much top speed
Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 AM
HomeDawwg

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

yeah about time, mind u i havent hadent any problem on mine with the stock motor.

ummm im still not to shure why ur mount will not work in touring mode bit it does in drift? no offence have u physically tryed it?
Look at the picture you posted of the mount. The top mounting hole on the hot-racing mount is not centered, here is a side profile mock-up.

With that design, the motor will only fit on one side of the mount because if you fit it to the other side, the mounting hole fouls on the motor. And yes i did try it on the touring layout, but the motor faces the wrong way.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
phmaximus

its got the same profile as the stock one tho?
i know that the motor mounts onto one side only, on stock & upgrade mount.

but why would u wont to mount the motor on the other side????

the gear housing is symmetrical so if it fits one way it will fit the other, all u should need to do is remove the motor + mount then simply turn it around & re-mount it. what ever u do leave the mount on the motor.

see this mount...

to change it from touring to drift u would simply un-do the screw holding the mount together & flip the inner peice with motor attached to the otherside, meaning the screw would allso have to go on the other side.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:00 AM
FireFrenzy

Hey i just saw that new HPI diff and i was wondering what good it does? it says something about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.