Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more
Reload this Page >

NEED INFO on BATTERY performance,cycling and care methods.

Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

NEED INFO on BATTERY performance,cycling and care methods.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:00 AM
jonnymobil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED INFO on BATTERY performance,cycling and care methods.

i have started to build my own matched side by side packs and i need some info on how best to keep them at there peak.i run mild brushless kits,4000-5000 kv range.basicly i need to know as much as i can about cycling,charging and discharging methods. i have discharge trays and good chargers.i am even thinking of buying a turbo matcher if i can find a deal on one.

See i am confused,i was told that i should never store my pack without a charge in it,but on the forums recently i have been reading i should discharge my packs after i use them?

Also i run nimh and nicd packs,i heard that you should never dead short discharge nimh but for nicd it is fine if not prefered.some of my discharge trays bring the cells down to 0.0 volts for nicd? now i know 0.9 is good for nimh but is it cdool to go to 0.0 for nicd?

What is the best way to charge,discharge and cycle my packs to keep them at there best performance for the longest?i would rather have more cycles then punch,my brushless allready has enough of that.

Is there prooven methods of battery care?what do you guys do for your packs?

I am really trying to learn as much as i can about battery cell care,any help or input would be appreciated!

maybe one of you has a link to a site with a bunch of good infe?that would be perfect.

Well i hope some of you can help me out.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:09 AM
racerj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED INFO on BATTERY performance,cycling and care methods.

Here are the Tips SMC says to use, It's what I do and it works for me. http://www.smc-racing.com/energ.html