RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/)
-   -   tamiya tt01... help (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/10489317-tamiya-tt01-help.html)

hyper701 04-28-2011 03:20 AM

tamiya tt01... help

hi i just got a tamiya tto1 with eazy run 5.5t brushless set up, the problem is that when i gass it, the diffs seem to make a stripping noise. i have pulled the diffs apart and there seems to be no ware on the teeth at all. the only thing i can see thats out of place is the main drive shaft is a little bent. anyone had the same problem? or any ides why the diffs seem th be grinding? thanks

The Mad Modder 04-28-2011 04:45 AM

RE: tamiya tt01... help

ORIGINAL: hyper701

hi i just got a tamiya tto1 with eazy run 5.5t brushless set up, the problem is that when i gass it, the diffs seem to make a stripping noise. i have pulled the diffs apart and there seems to be no ware on the teeth at all. the only thing i can see thats out of place is the main drive shaft is a little bent. anyone had the same problem? or any ides why the diffs seem th be grinding? thanks
Is it possible the bent driveshaft is hitting something when it spins? Leave the body off and watch it while it's driving. Even if it's not hitting anything, it's possible that the ballance of the shaft it off because it's bent. This could definitely cause excessive vibration and rattling.

esavagenoobie 04-28-2011 09:52 AM

Get the aluminum prop shaft off ebay for the tt01, there are tons of hop ups for it..

Ttam Says Blarg 04-28-2011 11:33 AM

Check spur and pinion gear to make sure everything is good there. Then move to the driveshaft. Make sure no rocks pebbles or whatever is stuck and is turning freely. Does your car have bearings? If not I suggest you get some. Probably a upgraded driveshaft so it doesn't flex and you should be set.

hyper701 04-28-2011 10:21 PM

the car is fully hopped up, it has all the blue ally gear, carbon fiber top/bottom chassis and shock towers, also has ball bearings thru-out. only thing i can see bent is the prop shaft, and it still spins freely. i have no idea why its grinding....

The Mad Modder 04-29-2011 04:12 AM

As Ttam suggested, check the pinion and spur gear.

Ttam Says Blarg 04-30-2011 09:16 AM

Any update? Problem solved or?

hyper701 04-30-2011 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
no still cant work it out, pinion and spur are all good, is it possible that this set-up is too much for this car? its a 6000kv eazy run brushless set-up, on 7.4v 4000 lipos.
here is a pic of the car.

Haddi Taha 05-01-2011 01:38 AM

ORIGINAL: hyper701

no still cant work it out, pinion and spur are all good, is it possible that this set-up is too much for this car? its a 6000kv eazy run brushless set-up, on 7.4v 4000 lipos.
here is a pic of the car.
its your shaft, bent shafts make funny sounds as they wear your bearing on the bent side, get a new shaft.
<br type="_moz" />