RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/)
-   -   Need help Identifying more pics added! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/9323696-need-help-identifying-more-pics-added.html)

RMPROB 12-12-2009 01:13 AM

Need help Identifying more pics added!

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone name this newly acquired used car? I am not sure what it is, but it seems to handle very well and is also very adjustable! Also, if you happen to have parts, let me know!

RMPROB 12-12-2009 01:16 AM

RE: Need help Identifying more pics added!

I don't know what happened, but there's part of it! correction, now I have it here!

RMPROB 12-12-2009 07:34 PM

Anyone have any ideas as to what it may be?

carmadmatt 12-12-2009 09:01 PM

Possibly a HPI Sprint with carbon chassis and top-deck conversion?

Matt

zman5000 12-12-2009 10:14 PM

it looks like traxxas 4-tec pro, the battery holder is exactly the same as a regular 4-tec

RMPROB 12-13-2009 02:48 PM

It does look like it is similar to both of those cars, however, the front suspension is completely different. I am leaning more towards hpi, however, this car is slightly smaller than my other 10th scale cars.

RMPROB 12-13-2009 03:14 PM

The chassis is very similar to the HPI RS4 however, the front suspension and differentials are still very different.

RMPROB 12-13-2009 11:13 PM

Added more pictures, looked all day, still can't find another one. I like this car, but I am afraid to drive it for fear of breaking a part I cannot replace!

zman5000 12-14-2009 07:04 PM

what kind of driveshafts does it have, dogbones or telescoping plastic? thelatter makes it a traxxas, the former makes it who knows what

hpidriver94 12-14-2009 08:18 PM

is it a micro i cant tell, can you set something next to it for size reference?

it looks like an rs4 mini but id like to be sure

lee172 12-14-2009 08:49 PM

i'm gonna have a guess at an HPI or Schumacher, purely because of the CF and purple aluminium..

yep i know, a precise guess it aint.... :D

RMPROB 12-15-2009 01:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It has dogbones, the car to the left is a losi xxx-s and the one to the right is a losi mini desert-truck. I am thinking that makes this one 12th scale, but I am not sure. It has a very close wheelbase to my Tamiya m03-m swift. As soon as I can find parts, I will drive the tires off this thing! It handles better than any of my others after I dialed it in! The front suspension does have adjustable caster as well as camber. This is what makes this one hard to Id for me.

RMPROB 12-15-2009 02:14 AM

ORIGINAL: lee172

i'm gonna have a guess at an HPI or Schumacher, purely because of the CF and purple aluminium..

yep i know, a precise guess it aint.... :D

I am really leaning towards HPI, however, can't find any exact matches. The servo that came in it is an HPI servo, but I am not sure if that was stock or if someone just used one they had laying around.

RMPROB 12-16-2009 01:29 PM

does anyone know where I can find older HPI models? Was there something before the rs4?

ElectricGuy007 12-16-2009 02:40 PM

Check ebay or Tamiya Club. Id like to know some HPI history as well.

www.tamiyaclub.com

zman5000 12-16-2009 10:13 PM

i described your car to a buddy and he says it's a schumacher, try racing-cars.com they mightknow something

RMPROB 12-19-2009 12:27 AM

The guys at tamiyaclub found it!!!! Its an xpress mini junior!! Now I just need to stock up on parts!
http://www.rc-xpress.com/catalog/pro...products_id=37