RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/)
-   -   BEST ON ROAD TOURING CAR??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-electric-road-vehicles-race-cars-more-475/9957509-best-road-touring-car.html)

monsterbrad 08-24-2010 06:42 PM

BEST ON ROAD TOURING CAR???

Hey on road guys which is the best RTR shaft drive or something like it????

fastandloud 08-24-2010 06:58 PM

RE: BEST ON ROAD TOURING CAR???

LOL........Sprint2 is my vote or somethin like that...

Haddi Taha 08-25-2010 01:25 AM

for its durability beauty and stunning handling, it has to be the tamiya tb03

alexchen86 08-25-2010 07:06 PM

Ok both you guys listed cars that don't really help monsterbrad. The Sprint2 is belt drive and the TB03 is a kit not RTR.

He clearly asked a simple question on the best RTR shaft drive. IMO the TC4 is probably going to be your best bet. It already has a good deal of upgraded parts. Out of the box I believe it comes with a 17T motor?

Many people drop in brushless systems immediately though.

Barber420 08-25-2010 08:01 PM

I looked at the Team Magic cars. Their drivetrain layout definitely looks like the most balanced drivetrain system, but it didn't look worth the $390 to me. If it was a brand that I could buy at Tower, A-main, LHS, etc... and had more Aluminium and less plastic I would consider it, even without good parts support, because the design looks brilliant. However, for that kind of money I want a little more adjustability and less plastic.

alexchen86 08-25-2010 09:34 PM

I'm actually surprised you're looking for a shaft touring car since off road is hot right now. I am assuming you just want one for bashing around?

monsterbrad 08-27-2010 01:22 PM

My buddy and I are looking to parking lot run them and don't want the belts to get torn up with pebbles and stuff.
Also we want to be able to put any body on them as he likes the newer stuff and I like the older stuff HPI has nice bodies for on road still up in the air about which one to get
maybe just slam a CORR truck and throw a serious motor and some street tires :D

Haddi Taha 08-28-2010 03:22 AM

hi
I understand the tb03 isnt artrbut its just sooooo good,adjustablity strength, handling, the looks, the nice bodies available,..........
Ive boughta rtr andkit cars and i will never by an rtr again cause the kit is so fun and easy to build, nothing likeknowing your car inside out.</p>

Seven3Lee 08-29-2010 12:43 AM

Since it seems you are just getting your feet wet with on-raod touring cars, I'd start with a TT-01. They are the best choice so far as cost, ease of use and assembly. I know you're looking for a RTR, but the TT-01 is so easy ot put together it may as well be considered RTR.

Haddi Taha 08-30-2010 05:10 AM

i actually got a tt01 e as my first car, however after installing a nice brushless system for some quality parkinglot bashing my car cant copecopping a rebuild and repair evry month , but with my tb03, no horror stories with the brushless systems

TmoHPI8462 08-30-2010 07:19 AM

If you're into HPI I'd suggest maybe the E10. It's shaft driven and cost is low for it, only around $200'ish. WIthplentyof hop ups around for it as well. Or maybe even a Associated TC4.

Candre23 08-30-2010 10:28 AM

Tamiya makes about two dozen TT01 versions available as RTR. Plenty of choices if you don't want to build.

proanti1 08-30-2010 04:11 PM

Associated tc3 or tc4, you can also find a trinity t-spec (tc3 clone)... they are cheap, shaft driven, and built like tanks. I would stay away from the E-10. The TT-01 is a great car also.

solospeedster 08-30-2010 10:36 PM

TC3 would be my choice as for shaft drive. when the tc3 came out it was the platform to be beaten, now all the cars have gone backwards with belts, I guess what is old is new agian.
as for ta belt a drive car. Xray t3 or the Team Associated Tc6 or if you really want to be a Mavrick I would go with Losi type R.

Haddi Taha 08-31-2010 02:30 AM

hi
it looks like we are just throwing suggestion and need some REAL reasons.
So i will state my real reasons and i will hope you guys will do the same

Why the Tamiya TB03?
1. The drive train comes with several steel bits stock (prop shaft, dog bones, wheel axles)
2. The motor mount is literally intergrated in to the chassis with 6 screws connecting the bathtub to the mount (the motor mount is metal) which should really prepares the car for brushless, other cars have no screws and just a slot to push it through.
3. The steering is made up of tierods for adjustability and easy maintenence (no need to unscrew the suspension components to fix most suspension problems)
4. The unique Inbourd front suspension is very trick and its so easy and quick to adjust wide hieght (no screws)
5. Lots of shims to stop slop insuspension andimprove the smootheness of yourdrivtrain.
6. Narrow fiberglass chassis is very strong.
7. Easy to understand instructions.
8. Can be purchased cheap.
9. Tonnes of hop ups and replaceble spares available.
10. With many components derived from the tamiya ta05 ifs, trf416 and tb evolution, its easy to understand why this is the best onroad touring car ou there.

The tb03 in the in essence isa shaft driven of the race proven ta05ifs

bobbyvega$ 09-01-2010 08:42 PM

Unfortunately the TB03 is not available in RTR trim, only kit versions.

My personal choice, the Kyosho TF-5 RTR (ready set), as it is a top level machine.

But I would consider AE TC4 RTR and Tamiya TT01 and TT01E RTR's. For fun you can't go wrong.