Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

SIMS vs Real Flying

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIMS vs Real Flying

I actually got some time on my trainer today. And while my instructor was impressed, it's still not the same. I've been flying FMS for a month or so. Being able to steer coming back at myself, and make a decent turn and such is nice. But it's not the same at all! Just a Extra Easy 2 trainer goes straight up when you hit the elevator a bit. Not at all like the sim, and trying to see a plane that is out there a ways 2 mistakes high like your instructor is going to want it isn't easy. It would be out too high & far from me, so I'd start to bring it down. Ok. Then when it was down enough and I wanted to get it back up a bit, it shot for the moon. Funny to watch, but not fly. I passed the box back to him once. All in all I'd say FMS helped a lot, but even a dog trainer in real life is a lot more agile than the FMS easy ones. SuperCub, etc... Most realistic advantages of a SIM are learning to steer flying at yourself, and doing a nice turn. The unrealistic parts are how fast it responds. My dumb trainer responds like the Pitts model in FMS, except the elevator, and it's even is even touchier. Another thing. My glow plug died. I had a spare, and I watched my instructor check the current plug, declear it dead, and put in another. FMS needs to add that stuff. Instead of Flying Model Sim a few nice realistic things like dead GloPlug sim would help train me. Heck, even with the plane and radio bundle I got, you need to reverse the rudder servo. FMS didn't teach me that, and I don't think G2 would've either. - Joe
Old 12-08-2003, 02:09 AM
DeepStall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SIMS vs Real Flying

FMS is not a very good sim at all.. The aircraft are VERY unrealistic and the flight phisics are seriosly borked. Try Aerofly Pro and ile think u will find it allot better.. then again FMS is free so what do you expect :P
I find Aerofly Pro VERY realistic.

Also if you find the movements on your trainer MORE twitchy then a pits i sugest you seriosly decrease the amount on trval on you controles.. Trainers are MEANT to be slow and steady.. not airobatic ships..