Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 03:44 PM
3-D Flyer
My Feedback: (150)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aero Fly Deluxe - New Version

[X(] I Agree!
Old 11-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Mudsurfer1234

any videos or pics from that testing Dion? i can't wait to see this thing in action

Thanks,
Scott
Old 11-11-2004, 05:35 PM
r1derbike

Below is info I received in response to several direct questions regarding G3:

RealFlight G3 is still scheduled to be released before the middle of November, however please do be aware that release dates for new products, most especially software products, are subject to change.

While every effort is made to release a new product on or before a particular date, is it important to understand that all product release dates are tentative. We regret any inconvenience this situation may cause you.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970 during our regular business hours Monday through Friday 8am to 7pm Central time. Be sure to have your computer specifications and serial number for your software available at the time of your call. PLEASE REMEMBER to attach all previous correspondence (and dxdiag information if previously requested) with our responses to any follow up e-mail you may send. This will allow us to better track our attempts to troubleshoot your problem. Unfortunately, due to the volume of e-mail we receive, WE ARE UNABLE TO SAVE OR REMEMBER E-MAIL MESSAGES ONCE WE HAVE SENT A RESPONSE.

HAVE YOU SEEN OUR NEW WEB SITE?
In an effort to provide you with the fastest, most up-to-date support available, we have developed a new web site dedicated specifically to answering your questions or concerns regarding all versions of our software. Most of the difficulties users have running our software are related to problems we have already seen many times before, and have consequently developed reliable solutions to correct. Please try visiting this new resource we have developed for you. Most likely your problem or concern has already been encountered before and the fix or answer you need is already there waiting for you! You can visit this new site at www.gpsoftware.com . Please give it a try!

Sincerely,
Alex S.
RealFlight Technical Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
www.gpsoftware.com
www.realflight.com
www.realrace.com
www.rc-pilot.com

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in the cloak-n-dagger secrecy surrounding G3. NO videos, screen-shots, reviews, or mentions of it on their website. I've already purchased add-ons vol. 1 through 5, so I'm "married" to G3, if and when it comes-out. Only reason I bought the add-ons, was G3 was supposed to debut last of October. AFP Deluxe looks stunning. Wish I had heard about all the hoopla surrounding it earlier... Now, I have an "orphaned" set of add-ons, with no platform to fly them.

(sigh)

Story of my life! ;-}

Charles
Old 11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks for all the support guys.

I have a copy on the way to me from Germany right now. It should be to me at anytime. I can't wait as much as you guys can. Improved physics??? WOW!!!! If anyone has ever tried or owns AFP knows exactly what I'm talking about. Since they got Shocky's to flight right, I can only imagine how great this is going to be.

AS SOON as I get it ... I mean like within 1 hour or less, I will post as many videos as I can. I will also get some better screenshots. Also anyone living in the St. Louis area is more then welcome to come over to my pad and fly with me! I wish I could fly everyone in, but I am willing to pick anyone up at the airport that wants to come over and try it.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:59 PM
3-D Flyer

ORIGINAL: r1derbike

Below is info I received in response to several direct questions regarding G3:

RealFlight G3 is still scheduled to be released before the middle of November, however please do be aware that release dates for new products, most especially software products, are subject to change.

While every effort is made to release a new product on or before a particular date, is it important to understand that all product release dates are tentative. We regret any inconvenience this situation may cause you.

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970 during our regular business hours Monday through Friday 8am to 7pm Central time. Be sure to have your computer specifications and serial number for your software available at the time of your call. PLEASE REMEMBER to attach all previous correspondence (and dxdiag information if previously requested) with our responses to any follow up e-mail you may send. This will allow us to better track our attempts to troubleshoot your problem. Unfortunately, due to the volume of e-mail we receive, WE ARE UNABLE TO SAVE OR REMEMBER E-MAIL MESSAGES ONCE WE HAVE SENT A RESPONSE.

HAVE YOU SEEN OUR NEW WEB SITE?
In an effort to provide you with the fastest, most up-to-date support available, we have developed a new web site dedicated specifically to answering your questions or concerns regarding all versions of our software. Most of the difficulties users have running our software are related to problems we have already seen many times before, and have consequently developed reliable solutions to correct. Please try visiting this new resource we have developed for you. Most likely your problem or concern has already been encountered before and the fix or answer you need is already there waiting for you! You can visit this new site at www.gpsoftware.com . Please give it a try!

Sincerely,
Alex S.
RealFlight Technical Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
www.gpsoftware.com
www.realflight.com
www.realrace.com
www.rc-pilot.com

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in the cloak-n-dagger secrecy surrounding G3. NO videos, screen-shots, reviews, or mentions of it on their website. I've already purchased add-ons vol. 1 through 5, so I'm "married" to G3, if and when it comes-out. Only reason I bought the add-ons, was G3 was supposed to debut last of October. AFP Deluxe looks stunning. Wish I had heard about all the hoopla surrounding it earlier... Now, I have an "orphaned" set of add-ons, with no platform to fly them.

(sigh)

Story of my life! ;-}

Charles

Hey Charles, That's what the marketplace and E-bay are for!!!! No worries!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:03 PM
lsnover
My Feedback: (19)

I'm dissappointed in what has been published on G3 as well.

I'm debating between the new AFP and RF G3. I have RF G3, never tried AFP.

Model Airplane News was supposed to have a "exclusive" early review of G3, and it was nothing more then a few lame screenshots and a couple of BS paragraphs.

MAN is really going down hill. Now they have a women editor. Nothing against women (I love them), but I don't know too many women who are REALLY RC enthusiast. MAN has been putting in "cutsie" models on some of the pages. I guess that's supposed to be marketing. I wouldn't mind, but they are too cheap to use a different model on different pages, and the ones they pick are on the pre-pubescent side.

I would just assume skip the teeny boppers and give me some real content. The paper is gone cheap as well.

I'll be looking forward to comparisons between the new AFP and RF G3. I would like to learn more advanced maneuvers. I've been flying for many years, but still can not do good spins or 3D. The one aspect of G3 I like is the "Advanced Instruction". If this is done right, it could be a compelling feature.

All you AFP folks, keep us posted.

Regards,
Lee Snover
Old 11-12-2004, 02:12 PM
STLPilot

Looks like the upgrade price is set at $79.95 and will be shipping later THIS month, sooner then we expected!

We will start taking orders real soon. Do not mail us anything yet. All details of what to do will be on the website real shortly.

You must mail us your Interface cable and main disc. Keep your Expansion pack and universal 3 way plug. You will get a new USB cable and main disc. If you mail us your stuff priority mail USPS you will most likely get your stuff back in 7 working days in the USA.

I've added more information today as well. Trying my best to get you guys up to the minute details.

D
Old 11-13-2004, 10:42 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much more demanding will the new AFP graphics be on my graphics card? I have the Nvidea FX 5200 and a Dell P4 2.4 ghz processor, 256 meg of ram. I am at 110-130 FPS right now with no clouds or smoke.

I went to go try it and report back: I get up to 212 FPS when there is only blue sky in the back ground. When I get near the ground with other things in the back ground it drops to about 112 minimum. This is the desert scenery and the CAP232. I wonder what it will drop to with the new AFP?
Old 11-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Ian.W

i get only 50fps, so AFPD will be a no no till i get a new PC[]
Old 11-13-2004, 05:08 PM
STLPilot

Well I've said this before guys. Remember I'm not the developer, just the distributor, so when I say this it's just opinion.

The physics engine is very complex, moreso then a lot of you guys think. More then Half Life etc. It's just not X-Y-Z mapping it goes way further. You have to take in the physical properties of true flight, something most games like Half Life lacks. It was also released before it's time 2 years ago. Just like right now there is gaming software sitting out there for the next generations of Pentium VI comps and Playstation 3 boxes, they are ready to go, but it's not economical for them to launch them yet because of the typical computer. It cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to realease a program over a distribution network.

Anyhow my point is that it's going to take a stronger gaming card to get AFP Deluxe to run. I would say that before the ATI 9600 was a good medium game card. Well now the ATI 9800 is the good game card for AFP Deluxe. It's just the way it goes with games that have lots of physics involved. It's never going to end either, you know it and I know it. Every 2 years you have to make that call to Dell and say "send me the best you got".

This is also why they can't get this current version and AFP Deluxe to run over IP. Too complex for even lower end broadband over IP. Now they can get it to run over 10-100MB IP Network, however how often is it going to be needed for RC gamers? Never. You'll never see a bunch of computers daisy chained with RC sim progs until they can shoot missles or are violent.

Anyhoo ... it's a doggie dog world and Bill Gates is holding the milkbones asking us to beg.

Start looking on Ebay for video cards.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:42 PM
3-D Flyer

Hey Deon... I am not the computer expert, but like i had told you when i ordered afp deluxe, i just ordered a desktop replacement laptop from Dell and wanted to get your opinion(it will not arive untill Dec 1st.) How should this sim run on my set-up....
Intel Pentium M 725 w/ 1.60ghz, 2mb cache,400mhz fsb
512Mb DDR ****M
128Mb DDR ATI's Radeon 9700 agp 8x graphics card

The folks at Dell seem to think it will run great however i would like to hear your opinion. Thanks! Dave
Old 11-13-2004, 06:47 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Looks like it should run fine to me
Old 11-13-2004, 07:00 PM
3-D Flyer

are you one of "them"??? You know, one of those guys who knows alot about computers? The technology moves so fast, i have no clue.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:35 AM
JoeAirPort

I wonder if the Deluxe has a list of recommended game cards like they do for the regular AFP.

I probably will just stay with my normal AFP and buy the deluxe when I get a new PC. I can see the Deluxe not running well on mine (unless they say that my platform is fine, doubtful).

People should be aware out there that the deluxe may not run well on their 1 year old pc's.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:18 AM
STLPilot

I've updated the website couple days ago about the requirements and cards.

http://aeroflypro.com/requirements/

I've got the ATI 9700 and 9800 so when it gets here I'm going to give it a run on both. I would assume given that my current AFP runs at 275 that the new version is going to run at least 175. But we will see.

A 1-5 year old PC may run AFP Deluxe just fine. The power you need is the video card and ram.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:55 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Any idea why All in Wonders are NOT recommended as All in Wonders can come in all the fastest flavors (ie: 9800, 9700, 9600 all have AIW cards)
?

TIA
and thanks for the great information

Eagerly awaiting the first reviews!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:49 AM
STLPilot

I was wondering that myself. I honestly don't know. I got this info from IPACS. As I only have ATI Raedon Cards personally.

You may want to try asking Torsten Hans on their forum directly.

http://www.ipacs.de/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
Old 11-14-2004, 11:12 AM
JoeAirPort

My GForce FX 5200 is not on the list anymore. Bummer.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Bowser

Hi Dion...Do you know if the AFP Deluxe version will have a page in the radio setup that will allow adjustable dual rates to be set for the new controller and/or the G-2 controllers[sm=bananahead.gif]. I only use my G-2 controller on AFP just because I am lazy[sm=drowning.gif]. Always on very high rates. It would be nice if dual rates could be switched to high or low on the controller box like in G-2. I haven't used G-2 since I switched to AFP however I do miss the switchable dual rates.

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Here is the "what's new" for AFP Deluxe. I've been updating AeroFlyPro.Com as the information has been coming in.

Here is what's new from the current version of AFP:

- 3 Photo sceneries with a fixed viewer position.
- 3 new 3D sceneries. One of them is an indoor gym!
- 55 models in total; Shockflyers, Eco7, 33% Christen Eagle, Trainer, 3D heli, EC-135, MD-900, Airbus 320, Zlin, Learjet, Cap21, Bell UH-1, Schweizer Helicopter, Ventus glider, Zlin50
- Glider sound when you do a flyby
- Improved ground handling
- Fog for 3D sceneries
- Back light effects in the photo sceneries
- USB Cable
- Slightly changed "easy setup" mode
- Incredible flight performance of our new Physics and Flight code!
Old 11-14-2004, 05:13 PM
STLPilot

I'm not sure. That's a good question, I assume that it would. Right now AFP has travel adjust and expo. Dual rates would be a good feature for switching from 3D planes to jets or something.

I hope to have mine tomorrow.

ORIGINAL: Bowser

Hi Dion...Do you know if the AFP Deluxe version will have a page in the radio setup that will allow adjustable dual rates to be set for the new controller and/or the G-2 controllers[sm=bananahead.gif]. I only use my G-2 controller on AFP just because I am lazy[sm=drowning.gif]. Always on very high rates. It would be nice if dual rates could be switched to high or low on the controller box like in G-2. I haven't used G-2 since I switched to AFP however I do miss the switchable dual rates.

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Here is the "what's new" for AFP Deluxe. I've been updating AeroFlyPro.Com as the information has been coming in.

Here is what's new from the current version of AFP:

- 3 Photo sceneries with a fixed viewer position.
- 3 new 3D sceneries. One of them is an indoor gym!
- 55 models in total; Shockflyers, Eco7, 33% Christen Eagle, Trainer, 3D heli, EC-135, MD-900, Airbus 320, Zlin, Learjet, Cap21, Bell UH-1, Schweizer Helicopter, Ventus glider, Zlin50
- Glider sound when you do a flyby
- Improved ground handling
- Fog for 3D sceneries
- Back light effects in the photo sceneries
- USB Cable
- Slightly changed "easy setup" mode
- Incredible flight performance of our new Physics and Flight code!
Old 11-14-2004, 10:41 PM
GaryB-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

...i am a current AFP owner - any idea if the NVidia GeForce4 MX420; 2.5 Gig Pentium 4 will be enough to run AFP Deluxe?...
Old 11-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Heyrandy

Regarding All-In-Wonder cards, I think that they mean the original base AIW is not good. But a 9700 Pro AIW, for example, is good.

I am new to AEF but picked one up on Ebay last week and finally fired it up last night. My computer (Dell Dimension 8200 with Radeon 9700 Pro AIW 128 MB Video RAM and 528 MB PC800 Ram) ran most scenery over 200 FPS.

So I think the better AIW cards are OK.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
STLPilot

Yeah, I don't know why they put all in wonder cards on the list. I was surprised.

Check out this screenshot. Reflective textures look cool. This gym looks great. I hope it comes in smaller sizes too.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45898.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	193173  
Old 11-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Mike Ledbetter

Sorry to come in late. Is it ready now and can I send my controller in today???

Regards.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:31 PM
STLPilot

Don't send in anything till the information goes live on the site.

Also the upgrade will not be here for distribution until the end of the month or perhaps the first week of Dec, so keep your stuff until we say "WHEN"!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.