Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G3 verses Aerofly Pro deluxe

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G3 verses Aerofly Pro deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:25 PM
macro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G3 verses Aerofly Pro deluxe

I've been looking around at the different brands of flight simulators, and I can't decide between G3 and Aerofly Pro Deluxe. Which one do you guys prefer? Which has better physics, because I would really like to practice some 3D maneuvers. I'm not sure how well these flight simulators would run on my computer, so here are my system specs:

Intel P4 1.60GHz processor
256MB ram
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 128MB from [link=http://www.bfgtech.com/mx4000.html]http://www.bfgtech.com/mx4000.html[/link]
Windows XP home edition service pack 1

thanks for the help
Old 02-18-2005, 10:45 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: G3 verses Aerofly Pro deluxe

I am sure G3 is far more reliable than AFPD.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Luftman
My Feedback: (1)

Care to elaborate? I have AFPD and am curious.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:19 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Flown both.... AFPD Crushes!! (thats a good thing!)
Old 02-19-2005, 10:20 AM
captinjohn

Go to the search feature and Just type in .... "lost " or "bad cable" or "not working right" or "cannot get to work" .... added.... "cannot registor"and "cannot download"
Old 02-19-2005, 11:11 AM
serge1

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Go to the search feature and Just type in .... "lost " or "bad cable" or "not working right" or "cannot get to work" .... added.... "cannot registor"and "cannot download"

Ignorance is Human related not sim.... I flew both and AFPD crushes G3 like a ants...

Serge
Old 02-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Luftman

What is happening to yours? Physically, It dosent need to be any more robust than it is, as long as it functions properly. I do think it could be a little cleaner though (the bulbus chip in rubber shrink wrap is kinda tacky).
Old 02-19-2005, 01:08 PM
peefiddyonefan
Banned

I have both as well. When G3 was 1st released it was crap, buggys as can be. It has gone through several updates and it is starting to nip at AFPD's heels! Add to that the wonderful colorschemes that are popping up, plane tweaks and the fact that it's the only sim that can be used w/others online and you got a serious sim. Users of G3 are providing feedback to the software developer and the issues ARE being addressed, so G3 should continue to get better and better over time. G3 does require (at the moment) a much faster PC than the other sims to run it smoothly.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:50 PM
macro

Ok, now I know that both of these simulators are pretty good, so now the question is...Which one will run better with the system specs I listed before? For me, the simulator dosen't have to be running at the full specs, but I would like it to run smoothly, and have pretty good graphics. I'm only in high school and I don't have enough money for a new computer or some intense upgrades.

G3 does require (at the moment) a much faster PC than the other sims to run it smoothly.
Well, do you think that G3 will run well on my computer?
Old 02-19-2005, 04:33 PM
peefiddyonefan
Banned

I didn't notice you are using an older GeForce4 card -sorry but I would advise against G3. It would run terribly slow on your system IMO.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:26 PM
macro

Well if I get a new card, like a ATI Radeon 9550 256MB card from [link=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1093468058401&skuId=6832751&productCategoryId=cat01151&type=product]bestbuy[/link] would it run well?
Old 02-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Derek8819
My Feedback: (9)

I have both and by far AFPD is MUCH better. I know the cable is kinda home made looking, but it works fine and is reliable. G3 is OK, but not a huge step from G2. The physics and models in AFPD is MUCH BETTER! You cant fly online with AFPD, but who cares. 3d feels real on AFPD. All planes and sceneries Ive installed in AFPD worked flawlessly. G3 works too, but you have to pay for addons. AFPD all future addons and planes are free. I never had a reliability problm with afpd or G3. The photo sceneries in AFPD are AMAZING, makes me not even want to go to the field. Dude, have I said how much better AFPD is, its a simple decision.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

No trouble with mine
Old 02-19-2005, 07:06 PM
macro

Well thanks! That made my day. I even e-mailed my system specs to the aeroflight people, and they said it would work.

Well I guess I have another question. Do you need to have batteries in your radio, and the power on to be able to use it with aerofly? Not like this is a big deal, because I can always get the usb game commander. Oh and by the way, the radio I want to use with aerofly is a Futaba T6XAS.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:48 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Yes you do need to have batteries in your radio, however it does not draw much power as it disables the RF portion which accounts for most of the power draw.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:20 PM
captinjohn

quote:

Care to elaborate? I have AFPD and am curious.

< Message edited by Luftman -- 2/19/2005 4:51:47 PM > Then updated by Capt,n
UPDATE What I meant was all around being more reliable because G3 has lot less cable issues and the new planes will be on a dics.....which is far better than a down load in at leat 3 ways. No bugs with a disc....with a down load a bug can infect your puter.....lot quicker than down loading and you can get several planes on one new disc. Read the other post...G3 is hot on the heels of AFPD. Regards Capt,n
Old 02-19-2005, 10:59 PM
r1derbike

OK...I just ordered parts from many vendors to build my dream system to run G3 (and other worthy programs):

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
DFI NF4 Ultra D Mobo (SLI mod)
OCZ PC4200 EL Platinum 1GB Dual Channel Kit
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case
Thermaltake 680 Watt Power Supply
Thermaltake Silent Cooling Tower
(2) EVGA 6800 Ultra PCI-e video cards in SLI Bridge Mode (two...count 'em TWO!)
Monitor: Ummm...will have to wait a bit!

This system should be good for...oh...3 to 6 months until the dual-processor stuff hits later this year...

Charles
Old 02-20-2005, 02:30 PM
macro

Perhaps you can tell by my avatar and description, that I do a lot with computers. Currently I have 6 different computers, each running Windows or Slackware Linux. R/C is like a second hobby to me, the only thing holding me back in both areas is the lack of needed money. I'd like to get a few more airplanes, that new Futaba 14MZ, a few rack mount servers, and a good computer for running r/c simulators and games. Well I guess I don't have enough money for that, so I'm stuck for now with 6 old computers and 3 airplanes. Did you ever check out boards made by ABIT, I kinda like those and am currently looking at them. For watercooling I like the stuff from [link=http://www.dangerden.com]Danger Den[/link].
Old 02-20-2005, 03:04 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Macro,

Capn' has been having problems loading free downloadable aircraft into the program. Since your a computer guy it's as easy as unzipping, dragging and dropping into a subdir of the AFP program. But once you get AFP(D) you'll never spend another dime on hundreds of free downloads. More then any commercial sim out there.

Also we are replacing any defective cables, if you get one. You have lifetime replacement warranty on the cable. Even if you accidently cut it.

Just wanted to make sure you had the proper information.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2005, 05:27 PM
r1derbike

Macro...nice avatar! I looked at Abit, Asus, MSI, DFI, and Gigabyte boards. I decided on the DFI because of its OC headroom, and running most apps a questionably effective margin better than the Asus.

Also, the mod for full SLI compared to DFI's full-blown SLI-DR board, which was 60-70 bucks more than my Ultra. It was a bargain I could not pass-up.

Charles
Old 02-20-2005, 07:35 PM
peefiddyonefan
Banned

ORIGINAL: Derek8819

You cant fly online with AFPD, but who cares.

I do -in fact I care big time!
Pylon racing, Limbo and group Freestyle events online are loads of fun!
Flying by your lonesome gets old pretty quick and doesn't feel as "real", at my flying club IRL I never fly alone their is usually 1/2dozen flyers or more.
The new Hangar9 Ultimate we created for G3 feels better to me than anything I've flown in AFPD and the Helis in G3 are way better than the ones in AFPD.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:17 PM
jhimmel

Me too - I care.
Multiplay is a real nice feature.

Jim H.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:29 PM
macro

Yeah, multiplayer would be fun, but I would just like a simulator to run well before I start worrying about multiplayer.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:40 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

riderbike it sounds like you update your computer with each generation of hardware so why do u bother OCing unless you want more FPS or higher bench marks than everyone else...cause we both know it's not gonna make a difference in the performance of the sim or any game you are gonna play.

With that said how about throwing me some of your old video cards my way and i won't hunt you down in HL2 or HL1 and crowbar your tukkus all over the net : P

one last thing something tells me Captnjohn doesnt care to figure out how to download and install anything judging from his posts
Old 02-20-2005, 10:14 PM
macro

Hey cool! I play HL2, maybe I'll run into you one of these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.