Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Any one Else wish they didn't buy G3?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Any one Else wish they didn't buy G3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Carroll-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any one Else wish they didn't buy G3?

Well I was finally able to get registered on line and download the newest updates.
I now have to say that the G3 is a new beast which gives me a much better feeling about the purchase.
Think I'll keep it!
Old 05-02-2005, 06:38 PM
m00m00

when it comes to 3D modelling, Gmax is 10,000,000,000 miles behind 3D max
Old 05-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Rick Delten

ORIGINAL: Gatorboy08

sorry this is off target but Rick, are you still making schemes

I took a little break, but yeah I am still making them..
Old 05-02-2005, 09:18 PM
drumbum
My Feedback: (1)

I love G3. Made me a 100 times better pilot. Yes i own AFP too.. G3 acts just like my planes and that is the way i like to practice.. I have an Extra 300 on G3 set up where it flies almost EXACTLY like my cap. when i learn something new i can nail it first try when i get to the field usually..

I see alot of guys on here i fly with too online in this thread..

Old 05-04-2005, 08:43 AM
JesseV

Breakstuff5050 -- Thank you for sending me a copy of your Yak Modification. It is a great flying plane!!

As you described in your email, low rates are great for precision, but turn high rates on, and it becomes a 3D flying machine!

Thanks a bunch for the file.

JesseV
Old 05-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Bayou Talker

I have G3 and love it. Most of the complaints that I have heard are because of computers that barely meet the "Minimum Requirements" of G3. It does take a lot of computing power to take advantage of all of the features built in. The other common problem is people that don't take advantage of the upgrades. If you don't upgrade (free) you will continue to have problems. I know some of the upgrades are large and take a while to download on a slow connection, but you just have to do it. Knife Edge is working hard to address all of the problems report to them but you have to give them the chance to help you. If you don't want to make a phone call, log on to their discussion boards and ask for help. It doesn't cost anything and they have been great at answering questions. In fact, if you search around for a bit you will probably find someone else has already posted the problem you are having and the solution is already there.

One other thing about G3 is that it is a very powerful program that is very customizable. It takes a while to find all of the ways to modify things, but almost everything on the program can be customized.

Give it a chance and take the time to learn the program and you will like it.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:56 PM
stgrlee

My G3works great with the updates. A lot of you guys just want to jump in and fly, and there are several planes that you can do that with. But just as in real life, you must make adjustments to the planes. You do make some adjustments to your real R/C planes dont you?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

I borrowed g2 from my instructor and it was cool. Except the planes always crashed and landed in the landing position. Another thing was that i couldn't do 3d no matter what... I would either go straight up or stall...
Old 05-07-2005, 05:17 AM
Q8SABRE
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please add my name to the list.
I have real flight classic, deluxe, g2, and now g3
I am very disapointed with it.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Breakstuff5050

ORIGINAL: JesseV

Breakstuff5050 -- Thank you for sending me a copy of your Yak Modification. It is a great flying plane!!

As you described in your email, low rates are great for precision, but turn high rates on, and it becomes a 3D flying machine!

Thanks a bunch for the file.

JesseV
Thanks, I knew people would love it, its just wether they wanted to take the time to download it. Does it feel realistic? I need others opinions so i can try to make it better. Anything you dont like about it, just tell me so i can improve on it.

ORIGINAL: Pilot Chad

I borrowed g2 from my instructor and it was cool. Except the planes always crashed and landed in the landing position. Another thing was that i couldn't do 3d no matter what... I would either go straight up or stall...
you cannot base your decision about g3 just bc g2 couldnt do 3D well.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:36 PM
drumbum

yep just got in from flying my real planes. and man on a few i had to jack some more throw in due to they seemed so sluggish and less responsive than G3. and man the guys at the field even asked what i was doing to improve so much in the few weeks they hadnt seen me fly. and yep my real ones acted just like my G3 ones, Yaw , torque and rock. Man i love it more and more ..

BTW breakstuff i have a Extra you might like to try i made that i practice on PM me ill send it to ya and you can send me your Yak,, Oh also i have a YAk too that was made by Rob burton that flies online that i tweaked myself.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Breakstuff5050

ORIGINAL: drumbum

yep just got in from flying my real planes. and man on a few i had to jack some more throw in due to they seemed so sluggish and less responsive than G3. and man the guys at the field even asked what i was doing to improve so much in the few weeks they hadnt seen me fly. and yep my real ones acted just like my G3 ones, Yaw , torque and rock. Man i love it more and more ..

BTW breakstuff i have a Extra you might like to try i made that i practice on PM me ill send it to ya and you can send me your Yak,, Oh also i have a YAk too that was made by Rob burton that flies online that i tweaked myself.
Hey man, I use to get online all the time, my name is usually rcpimpin101, but all i get is errors when i try to get online. But I sold my g2 along with my add ons 1 and 4, and the sim makes you put the cd in periodically for some reason, so i no longer have access to the extra. But send me your yak, ill send you mine, dont forget to tell me any problems you have with it. Whats your e-mail?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:43 PM
tf2psycho
Banned

[link=http://californiadetail.tripod.com/3dairplanes]fms southernX 3d plane site[/link]
i credit the free FMS in teaching me how to do killer 3d tricks in real time.....................
the southern x in the above link is a realistic model i use
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Breakstuff5050

I got bored today ( I couldnt go to the field ) so I started making another video for G3, i did it Hempel style if you know what I mean, as soon as I get done with it and get it hosted ill post the link, it should turn out pretty cool, tho I have no choreography in it at all, but it still should be cool.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Breakstuff5050

here it is, im not sure why im posting it here but o well. I had to severly compress it due to web space. The sound and video quality is pretty poor but if you can ignore that then i think its a pretty col video. http://www.southsidefunnies.com/user...treme_0001.wmv
Old 05-08-2005, 08:34 AM
jhimmel

Link does not seem to be working at the moment.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Breakstuff5050

yea i know, i cant get a host to work properly. Does anyone know of a place to get a 25 MB file hosted?
Old 05-08-2005, 09:54 PM
drumbum

Looking at those pictures in your gallery. i realized i have been to that hobby shop last year on the way to ashville. he had a patty wagstaff sitting on the table to the right as you walk in and the middle picture on your gallery is on the door in the back of the shop..
Old 05-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Breakstuff5050

Yup, thats the place! He has a big P-38 sitting there now i think. Do you ever fly up here?

And what is your e-mail so I can give you my yak?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Justinedw

I have no regrets with G3. I looked at all the others and they all just looked fake as far as terrains there all world images instead of Directx generated terrain like G3. I do admit alot of sims have better models for the planes and helicopters, but the terrain looks so fake on the rest I can't stand it. But Gizmo and anyone else that has problem like this I would check make sure all video drives, and sound drivers are up to date if that dosn't help check and make sure your pc is up to the minimum requirements. I have had similar problems with actual games instead of sims and its usualy I havn't installed latest drivers or my older pc's just wasn't good enough, if all is good contact customer service with them and make them aware of the problem if one exists so they can fix it.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:48 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

The reason I did not purchase G3 was more out of a feeling of lack of giving loyal customers a break on upgrading than on which is the better simulator. As an owner of Realflight, Realflight Deluxe Upgrade and Realflight G-2 Upgrade, I was very dissappointed that G-2 owners couldn't get a break on upgrading to G-3 unless you just bought G-2 three months before G3 was released. I probably have close to $500.00 invested in RF software(four add-on discs) and hardware. They should have had an easier on the pocket upgrade for any G2 users. I just sold all of my G-2 software and hardware and bought AFPD. Is it better than G3? I would'nt know because I refused to give RF(Knifedge/Great Planes) another dime out of my pocket. Not to mention(but I will), at least I can just dowload the latest patch for AFPD without going through that annoying and half the time not working control panel in G2!

Marty
Old 05-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Rick Delten

Hey Afterburner G3 isn't an "upgrade" for G2 (that is what Knife Edge says).

Its so funny to me that this thread is still here -If someone posted a thread called "Any one Else wish they didn't buy AFPD?" it would be locked or deleted immediately!!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Justinedw

Say you have a point on that one Rick. I have nothing against other sims besides the terrain is really fake, I always been a big gamer and something such as the world images in a sim dosn't look really realistic to me. Sure G3 dosn't have good graphics on some planes and things but it is a big world and not bound by a little world image. Everyone has there taste but I used G2 at my local hobby shop and downloaded demos to other sims and they just don't compare in graphics, plus with G3 supposibly letting you make your own aircrafts and things it makes it alot better.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:44 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

You want an upgrade program? I sold my G2 on Ehay for over $100. It sounds like Afterburn did the same. What loyaty do they owe you other than supporting the product you bought, which they did.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:51 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Rick,
The term upgrade was meant loosely. In terms of fuctionality. You know, like hey G-2 can't perform any 3D/high alpha flight taking into effect propwash and such. Maybe I should try to get my money back claiming it was a defective product! Please. This is an upgrade in the sense " hey, this one works like it should". We better add some more features so we can sell it for $200.00 as opposed to just calling it a patch. To get back to reality, I just feel they should have had some break for G-2 owners or sell the software without the controller for $75.00 less.

BB,
As far as supporting the product, I would say they supported it but not by much. How long were they having "server problems" if not still. I had to go through that stupid control panel to get an update as opposed to any other company where you can go to their website and manually dowload a patch. Why should I have to pay for a long distance phonecall because their server has issues for a month so they can give me their "super secret" web page where I can manually download the patch to get my "upgraded" software working.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.