Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

The "Flight Sim for Mac" Protest!

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

The "Flight Sim for Mac" Protest!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:30 PM
mbilar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The "Flight Sim for Mac" Protest!

As one of the original posters to this discussion, which is now several years old, (power to us Mac users!) where do we stand on what works and doesn't? I was able to get my controller to work with one of the free softwares on a Power PC Mac without Windows. Who's using a rich PC simulator and how? Please sum up for me.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Jason Arnold

I'm running Phoenix under XP with Bootcamp & Tiger.

Works fine.

Cheers
Jason.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:07 PM
dandodge

Where can I get bootcamp? A search of the Apple website returned nothing. I'd like to give it a shot on My G5 Power PC with the sim and Tx that came with my Lama.

Danny
Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 PM
macuser

I think bootcamp only works on the never Intel chip version macs not the old power pc chips. Bootcamp is included in the Leopard operating system that costs $130 or so dollars. There used to be a beta version available but it's now illegal since it's no longer a beta version. Not sure if your computer can run Leopard. I'm sure you could find that out in a jiffy.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 PM
dandodge

I didn't think it worked on the Power PC's but there was always the off chance I was wrong. Oh well, It's about time for a new MacBook anyway.

Danny
Old 04-17-2008, 11:59 PM
Jason Arnold

It won't work on your G5 Power PC. Only works on Intel based machines.

Good excuse to buy a new Mac.... lol

Cheers
Jason.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
tommy_b_o_y

so the only option is to run windows on bootcamp/leopard and then you get a decent sim? that sucks. i'd rather buy a PC to trash with windows, than load it on a pristine mac!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 AM
macuser

The Mac remains pristine because the drive has to be split into tow parts - one the original Mac and another for the PC. There is no connection between the two.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
DayWalker_01_98

I demand a high quality r/c flight sim for mac...i currently own a pc but want to get a mac. having second thoughts because i want to get G4 fs. i would buy a mac and the software.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:58 PM
rzarikian

who says you can't have a mac with realflight g4 on it?? Remember that the newer Macs come with both Mac OS and Windows!!! so you can use your mac and when its time to practice some flying switch to the PC side and boom you have simulator!! just get a good video card
Old 10-13-2008, 11:28 PM
macuser

The new macs don't exactly come with windows operating systems. They come with the capability to run windows. I'm using a mac to type this and it has an application called Boot Camp. When I'm booting up my computer I can hold the 'alt' key and it'll give me the option of starting up my computer as a mac or PC. Unfortunately I had to go out and buy a copy of windows Vista to load onto my computer after I partitioned my hard drive (easy to do). So while the new macs that have Leopard installed (Leopard includes Boot Camp) can run Windows and operate as a PC, the user has to obtain a copy of Windows first. I have Vista Home Basic and use it to run Real Flight G4 and it works awesome. 2GB Ram, 2.8GHz with a 8800GT video card. Works with settings on highest settings and is amazing. I have a copy of Vista 64 bit, but haven't had a reason to install it yet. I also play the game Crysis on my mac/pc and have the settings on high - it's flat out amazing!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
bobjones05

ITS HERE!!!!

Finally - a real Sim for Mac fully loaded with Controller or adapters. Just called Hobby Lobby and the said it should ship starting in May!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

http://www.aerofly.de/index.html

!!!!!!!!!