Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

If you have Vista, check this out.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

If you have Vista, check this out.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Phantom 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you have Vista, check this out.

Just for fun, being and advocate of Aerofly Pro Deluxe, I decided to purchase the E-Sky RC simulator.

IT only costs $19.00 on line plus shipping, so I got one, just to compare to my Real Flight, and Aerofly.

If you watch this video and have a solution for me, I would appreciate it.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33Ouimt2J0]Watch This E-Sky RC Simulator Video, if you have Vista![/link]
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: If you have Vista, check this out.

When you install the program, try right clicking on the setup icon and run it as an administrator. You can also try installing the software using the compatability wizard: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...15e641033.mspx Good Luck!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Phantom 1

Thanks, But I tried that first. (see my description to the right of the video) That has nothing to do with the .dll that is not loading anyway, but I did try it. It even says it wont work on Vista in their own fms website.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:31 AM
fat1

perhaps you should have read the requirements before buying. Of course, you shouldnt have bought vista to begin with so I dont what you're complaining about, make me watch a five miute video over a freakin error message[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

through the whole thing acting like it was some big deal that you wasted $19
Old 07-01-2007, 08:31 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

YO Fat1,

Dude, Like we all waste five minutes everyday,,, Vista will suck for another 3-4 months maybe longer, All I see is a guy that was trying to do a review on a product and share it and got stuck an was looking for a little help
Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 PM
cutaway

The ancient 350mhz PII I'm typing on feels faster than the 3Ghz dual-core Vista demo machines in the stores ;-> Why would I want Vista?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Kavik Kang

ORIGINAL: cutaway

The ancient 350mhz PII I'm typing on feels faster than the 3Ghz dual-core Vista demo machines in the stores ;-> Why would I want Vista?
I just got a screaming fast dual core desktop last month, my ultimate dream game machine with a 2.46 dual w/8mb cache, 2 gigs of matched ram, 24-inch wide screen and Bose Companion 5 speakers. I had to pay $150 to NOT have Vista, I could have had Vista for free... but, boy, does this thing scream with XP:-)

I probably won't use Vista until I am forced too, much like I didn't switch to XP until I had an actual reason to want to. I was still using Win98SE until about 18 months ago:-)

Old 09-23-2007, 04:56 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

incorporate your pc into the home theater with a creative soundcard, a 1080P projector and a compatible HD video card. 200inch high def computer monitor/t.v. monitor, 7.1 audio with 4,000 watts of power at 24-bit/192kHz with a 15Hz-50Khz frequency response and a 116db S/N ratio (130db for the subs). all gaming contolled by a ps3 bluetooth controller (ps3 and computer games). the RM-AX4000A does the rest. thats the ultimate gaming experience.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
cutaway

I'm still using W2K. If you think your machine is quick with XP, give W2K a try. W2K makes XP look like a slug ;->

The only thing that got me off NT4 (which is still on some of my servers) was the PnP and USB stuff in W2K.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:49 PM
DaxFX

I am running FMS on vista without any problem. I found a file that have to be taken from System32 folder on XP and put in same folder on vista. work prfect. I have a Gateway Tablet pc with coreduo 2gb ram. the only bad thing is I buy a usb cable for my transmitter from honkong in ebay. and that cable does not works. I have order the microphone cable and I am waiting.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:52 PM
DaxFX

I am running FMS on vista without any problem. I found a file that have to be taken from System32 folder on XP and put in same folder on vista. work prfect. I have a Gateway Tablet pc with coreduo 2gb ram. the only bad thing is I buy a usb cable for my transmitter from honkong in ebay. and that cable does not works. I have order the microphone cable and I am waiting.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:54 PM
SackOHammers

FYI guys... the problem here isn't Vista. Its the software developer not making his product compatible with Vista that is the problem(what do you expect, its free software).
Sounds like you guys figured out the workaround. OS bashing is pretty funny when its made by people that don't understand how the industry works. Its great to be passionate about things and voice your opinion... but you should be educated before you do it.... just my 2 cents.

Use the OS that fits your needs... as some of you above mention you do. However, for my HTPC at home.. I'd use nothing other than Vista for ease of setup, ease of use, and great features. Sure there are alternatives, but after giving heavy consideration, Vista was by far the best option... it looks awesome.

Gaming machine? I use 2000 on older games... but XP for newer games to take advantage of the newer technologies.

For those of you asking why anyone would ever buy Vista.... DX10, baby. Take a look at Crysis. If thats not your thing... fine, thats cool... but realize that for many, it is worth it.... and it is the way of the future... you can't stop it... just learn to make it work for you... to do what you want to do.

Have fun.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Phantom 1

My opinion IS valid. I'm a retired Microsoft systems engineer.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:24 AM
[]TEX[]

Vista is THE worst product by Microsoft thus far.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:11 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: []TEX[]

Vista is THE worst product by Microsoft thus far.

Not even close to their worst product ever. BOB was just one of the worst and there are others.

Vista works fine on my inexpensive laptop...which connected automatically to this Waikiki hotel network and allowed me to securely converse with you! :>)
Old 12-07-2007, 10:53 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Phantom 1

My opinion IS valid. I'm a retired Microsoft systems engineer.
that's a pretty easy cert to get and about as worthless as the piece of paper it's printed on. Since Microsoft stopped requiring certain things for their certs it doe snot take a lot of work to get MCSE certified. I had it on NT4 and W2K and found it was only the paper that the companies I worked for wanted it to be able to market me more.

Try a Cisco CCIE LAN/Switching with VoIP and Security. Now that's a bit of work. The tsst is a 2 day ordeal not including the 500 question multiple guess test that you must score a 90 percent on. The 2 day lab test is considered to be the hardest in the industry. It starts with the test conductor handing you a network layout diagram, you then use all Cisco approved tools amd hardware and Cisco approved procedures to create the network. You go back to your hotel when done and then when you come back the next day your network is down. You then use approved procedures to find out why and fix it and you only have 8 hours on each to to accomplish this.

The first time pass rate is like 10% and this is including guys with PHD's
Old 12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: SackOHammers

FYI guys... the problem here isn't Vista. Its the software developer not making his product compatible with Vista that is the problem(what do you expect, its free software).
Sounds like you guys figured out the workaround. OS bashing is pretty funny when its made by people that don't understand how the industry works. Its great to be passionate about things and voice your opinion... but you should be educated before you do it.... just my 2 cents.
The way I look at it the problem is partially Vista... Why you ask? For the folks just like this one who may not be a PC guru getting around problems like this is simply impossible without asking for help. When you introduce a new OS things should get easier, not harder. Want another example? lets use the comment from the individual who said he used Vista to connect wirelessly in a hotel. That in itself is fine but it isn't anything you can't do in XP. What makes no sense to me is why Microsoft chose to bury the wireless settings in Visat two levels deeper in the menus than they are in XP. I am a programmer and also do tech support for my company. Over the years I have installed and supported virtually every version of Windows and Vista is the first one that I don't consider worth the cost to upgrade to. It has some good features here and there but some of the changes Microsoft has made sometimes leaves me just shaking my head in amazement. The fact that we are all stuck with is doesn't make it any better.

There are some recent reports that XP service pack three (now in beta) will be as fast or faster than Vista! I don't know how accurate the benchmarks were but it makes you wonder why Microsoft was in such a rush to bring Vista to market. To me it seems money is by far the driving factor - Microsoft was overdue for a new version so they released it without enough user feedback. Whats worse, the thing is simply a hog and doesn't run well unless you have high-end hardware to run it on. Sometimes it seems the priorities are out of whack at Microsoft and the end user has been pushed to the bottom of the list.

Those Apple commercials aren't just funny, they are at least partially true! I'm sticking with XP for the most part until Vista gets some needed attention and the hardware catches up.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:26 AM
da Rock

OK, folks, if you have an answer to the following question, the post that opened this thread, and wish to share it, then go for it.

If all you wish to do is ***** about Vista, save yourself the time it takes to type it out and the time it'll take me to delete it. It's off topic and will be deleted.

And taking shots at each other is also off topic. What you think of another poster will never be pertinent to any topic in an R/C forum.

Just for fun, being and advocate of Aerofly Pro Deluxe, I decided to purchase the E-Sky RC simulator.

IT only costs $19.00 on line plus shipping, so I got one, just to compare to my Real Flight, and Aerofly.

If you watch this video and have a solution for me, I would appreciate it.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33Ouimt2J0]Watch This E-Sky RC Simulator Video, if you have Vista![/link]
Old 12-10-2007, 07:58 AM
DaxFX

delete !
Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Phantom 1

Well, being the original poster, I did not attempt to bash Vista. All I wanted was a solution to my problem, along with many of my Youtube subscribers who look to me for answers.

In fact I did get a solution and it worked. I still use Vista and I like plenty about it. Being a retired MS engineer, I am no layman.

There are sure plenty of people who bash it though. Those people don't want to try to work around the problems for a solutions.

I wrote the post a long time ago and have been flying all my simulators with Vista. I am not one who says to go back to xp.

Since my original post, I wish I could have edited it to tell what I did to fix it. Unfortunately, this is one forum, that I have not figured out how to edit my original post.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:19 PM
bluesky123
My Feedback: (2)

The problem is that some Chinese company decided to capitalize on freeware FMS (I bet they didn't even asked FMS' developers, Möller brothers, for a permissions to sell this sim under ESky name!). FMS hasn't been updated since 2005 and there was only 1 posting in 2007 by Michael Möller at FMS forums. FMS, while a decent simulator for initial training, hasn't seen any updates recently, probably because its creators have other things to do...
So, please don't blame Möller brothers, who gave away a free simulator, which helped many people all over the world (including myself) to master R/C flying!

Boris
Old 12-10-2007, 04:36 PM
da Rock

Well, being the original poster, I did not attempt to bash Vista. All I wanted was a solution to my problem, along with many of my Youtube subscribers who look to me for answers.

In fact I did get a solution and it worked. I still use Vista and I like plenty about it. Being a retired MS engineer, I am no layman.

There are sure plenty of people who bash it though. Those people don't want to try to work around the problems for a solutions.

I wrote the post a long time ago and have been flying all my simulators with Vista. I am not one who says to go back to xp.

Since my original post, I wish I could have edited it to tell what I did to fix it. Unfortunately, this is one forum, that I have not figured out how to edit my original post.

We have lots of space, so you don't have to edit the original post to tell what you did to fix your problem.

If you wish to edit a post, look at the text display window of that post. Look in the upper right. Just above there are a number of function buttons. One of them is the edit button. It shows up if you are logged in and the post was originated by you.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
dwilt72

ORIGINAL: bluesky123

The problem is that some Chinese company decided to capitalize on freeware FMS (I bet they didn't even asked FMS' developers, Möller brothers, for a permissions to sell this sim under ESky name!). FMS hasn't been updated since 2005 and there was only 1 posting in 2007 by Michael Möller at FMS forums. FMS, while a decent simulator for initial training, hasn't seen any updates recently, probably because its creators have other things to do...
So, please don't blame Möller brothers, who gave away a free simulator, which helped many people all over the world (including myself) to master R/C flying!

Boris
I totally agree! This is free software! It totally blows me away to find a program of this quality for free, so let's don't knock the original programmers for not updating it! I'm a newbie, still on the buddy box and lately I've had problems getting together with my instructor. FMS has given me a lot of "virtual stick time" lately, yeah, I know it's not exactly like flying my plane, but there is an LT-40 model there...it doesn't behave exactly like my plane (doesn't tend to float when you reduce power like a normal trainer), however it's still giving me a lot of takeoff/landing practice. So, please let's don't knock someone who has given us something for free.

edit...........the topic isn't Microsoft or Vista......................... offtopic edited out.......
Old 12-10-2007, 08:36 PM
da Rock

OK, looks like nobody is going to address the topic.

And the original poster says he's gotten his answer and doesn't seem interested in sharing it with us. Repeated discussions of Microsoft and Vista have absolutely nothing to do with the topic or RC Flight Simulator Software.