Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

RC Trainer in Real Flight G4

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RC Trainer in Real Flight G4

Old 08-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Warnberg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Trainer in Real Flight G4

I recently purchased real flight G4 and have been flying a lot (at least an hour a day, everyday). I can fly just about every plane in there and land it successfully. I am looking for some suggestions on maneuvers I could practice to get ready to fly a real RC plane and which plane would be the closest to the model I have. I have a Hobbico Superstar and it's all built and ready to fly, however I am going to wait until September 15th to join the AMA and join a club to fly with a buddy box and trainer at the field.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC Trainer in Real Flight G4

What to try......

Pump up the wind speed in the sim. You will almost never fly R/C in dead calm.

Also, increase the turbulence. In the real world, the air also goes up and down. And you need to get used to those invisible bumps.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Landings: with 10 mph variable and gusting winds across the runway. Try to put it down on a particular spot on the runway.

Learn to fly a smooth, repeatable circuit: downwind, base, final.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Warnberg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is what I did, kicked wind up to 10 mph variable 15%, direction was 90 to the run way blowing from my back across runway, set turbulence at 10 feet and 15%...

Now here is my question, when I flew real planes I learned to use rudder to keep nose of aircraft pointed down the run way and use ailerons to offset wind (windward side down). But I am finding it easier in the sim to fly so the plane is crabbing into the wind until I just get to touchdown point then kick the rear around so that it is straight and upward wind wing tip down so I don't slide across the runway (does this make any since?).... So how do you do it? Which is the proper way with an RC Model?

Thanks