RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Flight Simulator Software (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/)
-   -   Great Flight Sim...RealityCrafts, RC Plane Master (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/2388210-great-flight-sim-realitycrafts-rc-plane-master.html)

RickShaw739 11-30-2004 12:54 AM

Great Flight Sim...RealityCrafts, RC Plane Master

For a really great first Flight Sim. Try RealFlight [link=http://www.realitycraft.com/]RealityCraft[/link]
I just got mine and I love it!

For only $89.00 U.S. I think it's the best flight sim out there for the money.
Man don't pay those big bucks For G-2 / G-3 or the others. This one is great and it'll teach you to fly.

I've wanted RealFlight forever and was about to buy it, when I came across this. Man I'm glad I found this one and didn't pay for G-3. I've never used G-3 or G-2 But I think this has to be real close to the same thing.

You get the interface cable with it for your Tx. just let them know when you order which type of Tx. you have. I use my Futaba T4YF, they sent me the cable and software for it. I got the USB cable and the other end plugs into the trainer port on the back or the Tx. Works and feels really great.

For the first time flyers or for your first flight sim this one is really great. The graphics are great and the planes fly just like the real thing. lots of planes and back grounds come with it.
They also have expansion packs you can get for it.

Oh they also send you...FMS, SSS, Pre-Flight and a couple other flight sims on a CD. They're ok, but the RC Plane Master software is #%*~ing Great!

Check it out!
Rick Shaw ;)

lsnover 11-30-2004 09:29 AM

RE: Great Flight Sim...RealityCrafts, RC Plane Master

ORIGINAL: RickShaw739

For a really great first Flight Sim. Try RealFlight [link=http://www.realitycraft.com/]RealityCraft[/link]
I just got mine and I love it!

For only $89.00 U.S. I think it's the best flight sim out there for the money.
Man don't pay those big bucks For G-2 / G-3 or the others. This one is great and it'll teach you to fly.

I've wanted RealFlight forever and was about to buy it, when I came across this. Man I'm glad I found this one and didn't pay for G-3. I've never used G-3 or G-2 But I think this has to be real close to the same thing.

You get the interface cable with it for your Tx. just let them know when you order which type of Tx. you have. I use my Futaba T4YF, they sent me the cable and software for it. I got the USB cable and the other end plugs into the trainer port on the back or the Tx. Works and feels really great.

For the first time flyers or for your first flight sim this one is really great. The graphics are great and the planes fly just like the real thing. lots of planes and back grounds come with it.
They also have expansion packs you can get for it.

Oh they also send you...FMS, SSS, Pre-Flight and a couple other flight sims on a CD. They're ok, but the RC Plane Master software is #%*~ing Great!

Check it out!
Rick Shaw ;)

Rick:

FOr a few bucks less you can pick up a used copy of G2. Why settle for third best?

Regards,
Lee

RickShaw 11-30-2004 05:25 PM

Thats probably true, but I'd have had a hard time finding the cable I need for my Tx.
Finding a used copy of G-2 would be hard enough (not that hard but time consuming) and it wouldn't be new, or come with cables extra software and warranty.
I've bought from E-bay and other used things from other sites just to be disappointed with the product once received.
For the price I really think this was will worth it...it helped me learn to fly.

I got into this hobby last Christmas when my wife and son went together and got me two used planes and an R/C tug boat all with a 7 channel radio for $150.00
The planes needed a little work. But after a few fix's, I did what they say not to do.
I tried to fly one of them. I own land in Kentucky with no neighbors for miles so felt safe that it wouldn't come down on anything other than trees. But still I guess it was a dumb thing to do.

Oh it flue alright...like a bat out of hell. I had no idea of the feel of the controls. How I even kept it in the air for the 4-5 Min was pure luck. Almost lost it out of sight at one time but got it coming back toward me, but what I didn't know was that the plane was then up side down. I tried to give it up elevator and of course it went down instead. Right though the top of a tree. Not much was left but the engine and gas tank and servo's.

So I bought a trainer plane, put it together and with the help from this software. I've had five great flights so far. Two hard landings but no bad damage.
The software for sure helped me learn to fly.

Maybe it is 3rd rated ...but I really think it was will worth the money.
Now all I need is the courage to fly my Technicoll low wing.
But I think I'll find a trainer (pilot) and get some help with it first. Really don't want to lose this one, it's really nice plane. And I'll join the AMA before my next "bat out of hell" flight!

RickShaw739 12-08-2004 01:45 AM

OK...so those of you that have G-2 or G-3, have any of you tried the demo of this? [link=http://www.realitycraft.com/](R/C PlaneMasters)[/link]

I'd love to have G-3 but I just think the price is just crazy! I've looked for a demo of one of them but can't find one, anyone know if there is one?

I just think that if this taught me to fly or at least gave me the feel for the controls, it was worth the money. I know that with G-3 you can fly on-line with others and it probably has some other features that is doesn't. Are the graphics better? do the planes fly and feel better in G-2 or 3?

Guess I just need to try G-3?
But as I look at the pages in here I see most are asking for help with one or the other of G-2-3.
So kind of scares me about them. I had no problem with R/C PlaneMasters with installing or using the program at all.

Give me some feed back here...planes are expensive! LOL

Thanks

Oh...
Something else I found out is that if you take the .bmp file from one of the landscapes into PhotoShop you can edit the landscape. Like add runways or what ever. Anyone ever tried this with G-2-3?
I laid one out to look like the land I fly over.
I've yet to figure out how to move or add trees or buildings but I'm working on it, by opening one of the tree or building files in NotePad or WordPad, Lot's of code there to play with. But by changing a few of numbers in the code the buildings take on another shape, and or color. And I'm getting close to figuring it out too.

If you try this of course save the original file and make a copy of it to modify. If it doesn't work out just replace it with the original file again. Wish I understood computer programing better. LOL