RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Flight Simulator Software (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/)
-   -   Realflight G2 and Mac (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/33942-realflight-g2-mac.html)

Chris Hinds 01-11-2002 08:00 PM

Realflight G2 and Mac

Has anyone tried running Realflight G2 on a Mac using Connectix PC Emulator? Thinking of a Mac Laptop and would be nice to be able to use RFG2 while at Uni. G2 Runs fine on my P4 1.8/GF3 - wondering if anyone has tried it on a Mac?

Thanks

Chris

mvigod 01-13-2002 12:02 AM

Realflight G2 and Mac

Great question...would also like to know if anybody has pulled off this stunt. Would love to fly this on my laptop in bed (not sure how the wife will feel about it?)

Anybody tested this?

Scotty740 01-13-2002 01:29 AM

Realflight G2 and Mac

I haven't tried it but have heard from some that have. It doesn't work. Mainly because the interface can't connect with the emulator software and the emulation software really drags the speed down.

Chris Hinds 01-13-2002 12:31 PM

Realflight G2 and Mac

I have looked over the details of Connectix Virtual PC 5.0 for the Mac and it seems it does not emulate either a P.III or 3D Graphics Acceleration. So for now Realflight on the Mac is out. I suspect this means we have to keep the PC about just for Realflight...

amcross 01-16-2002 07:20 PM

Realflight G2 and Mac

Unfortunately, we've not talked to anyone who could get G2 running on a mac. and we have heard from a few who had some really ugly problems trying.

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER

geardaddy 08-25-2003 12:54 AM

Realflight G2 and Mac

Am i to understand the RCU main man is a Mac user??

briankenney91 08-25-2003 01:08 AM

Realflight G2 and Mac

Thats the way I took it too Jack. That just goes to show how smart Marc is for running a Mac. Now if only Great Planes were as smart and would make realflight for Mac.

nahumfre 08-25-2003 11:01 AM

Realflight G2 and Mac

I took a Pramine (anti vomit medication) and brought a P4 for my son's games and realflight for me.
I still rather use my Mac G4 for every thing including flight simulator meaning I am on the lookout for a decent simulator for R/c on a Mac - if X plan can do it for full size flight simulator (using open GL which is supported in wintell world and also used by Aerofly).
I think some one out there should do it for R/C
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
please take note
Thank
Nahum

briankenney91 08-25-2003 01:56 PM

Realflight G2 and Mac

Just imagine how much more business great planes would do if they made a mac version. I would definently buy one.

shades 09-22-2003 07:39 PM

RE: Realflight G2 and Mac

hey i pulled it off on my mac with virtual pc 6.0 and i also love to use the x plane simulator...macs are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i thought every one hated macs?

NewFlyerGlenn 10-06-2003 01:18 AM

RE: Realflight G2 and Mac

Hey Shades,

Please tell me how you made G2 work with Virtual PC. I've tried to install it; it won't let me get beyond entering the serial numbers of the software and the controller.

Thanks,

Glenn