RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Flight Simulator Software (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/)
-   -   Big news for G3 users! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-flight-simulator-software-138/3519674-big-news-g3-users.html)

Rick Delten 11-03-2005 11:25 PM

Big news for G3 users!

post deleted

rjm1982 11-03-2005 11:35 PM

RE: Big news for G3 users!

too bad cant downoload it...

obvious PHP mistake that should have been caught in even the lightest testing scenarios...

Rick Delten 11-03-2005 11:42 PM

Its in beta and not available just yet, supposed to be available real soon;)

"G3x Sharing aircraft varients, color schemes, and new vehicles is made easy with the new G3x file format. Using RealFlight, you can export your customizations to a common G3x format making it easier to share your creation. G3x files can be imported from in-game giving you instant access to content."

rjm1982 11-03-2005 11:45 PM

it will definatly be sweet...too bad i havent really modeled any game quality stuff...all my models are set up for high quality renders...oh well...i think ill make a profile foamy for testing....could be fun...then i wanna make my venture 60....

mmm...good stuff...

Extractor 11-04-2005 08:53 AM

I have found that the G3 .410 upgrade not to be so good and therefore went back to the .387 earlier version due to lack of brakes and steering , which are important for a gas turbine.

BasinBum 11-04-2005 09:08 AM

So once it is available will you stop bashing G3?

Extractor 11-04-2005 10:17 AM

Stating facts and 2 hours worth of telephone support.....hopefully worthwhile for the developers as well as users....

Good day

Steve
KQ4UB

Rick Delten 11-04-2005 11:34 AM

If this new update is a success it will put G3 ahead of the pack, since it will have all the features of the other sims + ONLINE MULTIPLAYER[X(]

Flight physics between the 3sims are fully customizable and a matter of opinion..

Extractor 11-04-2005 12:20 PM

Thanks Rick....I agree....been using RealFlight for a long time and I think it is a great product.....I just can't seem to work out the flight characterisics of the KingCat from the earlier version.....I really don't know why it would change......I have tried duplicating everything under the edit menu but to no avail.....

Regards,

Steve

Extractor 11-04-2005 12:29 PM

Would appreciate help with adjusting the steering sensitivity and the brake application with forward movement of the elevator as was with the .387 version. The aircraft are the KingCat or the F-86 ...

Thanks,

Steve

Rick Delten 11-05-2005 12:50 PM

You should start a new thread and ask your question.

ORIGINAL: SHarpoleDDS

Would appreciate help with adjusting the steering sensitivity and the brake application with forward movement of the elevator as was with the .387 version. The aircraft are the KingCat or the F-86 ...

Thanks,

Steve

wangchung__66 11-06-2005 12:53 AM

does anybody know how to put heli mechanics onto a plane and make it work? and be able to see the prop?

Rick Delten 11-10-2005 08:31 PM

Are you paying attention AFPD and Reflex??

This is huge!

With the new upcoming G3 update average idiots like myself will be able to create and import into the sim whatever plane or heli they want. They will also be able to instantlly share their new creations online from within multiplayer!! I am telling you I can build, texture and set up the flight characteristics for a new model in as little time as a single day. I modeled a "Ikarus Shockflyer" yesterday and was 3D'ing it the same day. With their streamlined method of doing things I could have something like the "flying lawnmower" up and running in a matter of hours -start to finsih! 1 man operation easy as pie:D When the update is released their should be dozens of professionally modeled aircraft available for G3 users and you wont have to register at any foreign websites to get them[X(]

Mudsurfer1234 11-10-2005 10:15 PM

i think i might just have to pic up G3 and reflex for christmas, that way i get all the features of everything[8D]

venturousviking 11-10-2005 10:34 PM

I was really thinking of selling my G3 w/Add ons and picking up Reflex...I mostly fly helis anyway...But maybe I just might wait and see what happens with this new exporter...Hell, I might even give a shot at making new aircraft.

r1derbike 11-11-2005 12:44 AM

The exporter is huge news...the photofields and importer for G3 addressed issues for those who prefer the photorealistic environs, and those who don't have the latest/greatest computers/video engines on the market.

As others have noted, the capability G3 will have with the exporter, will blow the market wide-open for KnifeEdge. All of us who purchased G3 from the get-go and offered suggestions (quite vocally, I might add) have been listened to, and the best suggestions brought to fruition.

KE's response to customer input has been exemplary. They've been hard-at-work since G3 was introduced, making the sim better-and-better. It's taken a while to groom the sim to its present iteration, and frankly, after trying other sims long ago, I chose G3 as the best-of-the-lot, and with all the new improvements, it's just icing on the cake.

Charles
KG5JJ

pbm77 11-11-2005 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick Delten

With the new upcoming G3 update average idiots like myself will be able to create and import into the sim whatever plane or heli they want. They will also be able to instantlly share their new creations online from within multiplayer!! I am telling you I can build, texture and set up the flight characteristics for a new model in as little time as a single day. I modeled a "Ikarus Shockflyer" yesterday and was 3D'ing it the same day. With their streamlined method of doing things I could have something like the "flying lawnmower" up and running in a matter of hours -start to finsih! 1 man operation easy as pie:D When the update is released their should be dozens of professionally modeled aircraft available for G3 users and you wont have to register at any foreign websites to get them[X(]
That sounds great :) . I am currently considering buying AFPD, mostly to get the Shockflyer or some other foam 3D planes to practice on, but if they will soon come to G3, then there really is no reason for buying the other sim.

Btw. Anybody know when “real soon” is. I’m new in the sim-department, and is just curious if its 2-3 weeks or something like +6 months?

Rick Delten 11-15-2005 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Couldn't tell you how soon the update will come out, they haven't told us anything and they asked us not to post any screenshots (yet). I have already created several foamies (a Bipe, a mini3DX and an Ikarus Shockflyer) a Predator Drone, B52 bomber, flying Lawnmower (that looks better than the AFPD one IMO), Extra300, a Seaplane (mermaid), a few gliders, various business size jets, a Guppy Transport and others in the works including a experimental helicopter. Theirs like a dozen or so beta testers currently and I am probably the least talented one (so far) so expect some really good stuff. (see pic for all of my G3 projects)

Rick Delten 11-15-2005 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That pic might be hard to see so heres a cropped version that easier to read..

nedyob 11-15-2005 05:08 PM

Will the G3x be sold as a update version like the add on's or will it be a down loadable version?
Will you still need Paint Shop Pro to do your sceams?
NEDYOB

pbm77 11-15-2005 05:20 PM

Uhhh, that looks so nice :D. Can’t wait to get my hands on some of these models. Thanks for posting :D

Rick Delten 11-15-2005 05:23 PM

Its a free update and yes you can stil use PaintShoPro. The best part is that we will no longer have to download planes or colorschemes anymore, you will get your new stuff while flying multiplayer!

"Sharing aircraft varients, color schemes, and new vehicles is made easy with the new G3X file format. Using RealFlight, you can export your customizations to a common G3X format making it easier to share your creation. G3X files can be imported from in-game giving you instant access to content."

I have already made several G3X files;)

rccrazedman 11-15-2005 10:44 PM

Hey rick Is this update available yet ? Curious. And would it be possible if I can get my hand on your file for the Sky Cutter ? I would love to give this thing a try. Does it fly anything like the real thing ?

venturousviking 11-15-2005 11:32 PM

Will we still have to purchase 3d max to make our own aircraft or will there be a free version of it for people that don't have 3000 expendable dollars?:D

jaafit 11-16-2005 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick Delten

Its a free update and yes you can stil use PaintShoPro. The best part is that we will no longer have to download planes or colorschemes anymore, you will get your new stuff while flying multiplayer!

"Sharing aircraft varients, color schemes, and new vehicles is made easy with the new G3X file format. Using RealFlight, you can export your customizations to a common G3X format making it easier to share your creation. G3X files can be imported from in-game giving you instant access to content."
What we mean by "imported from in-game" is that you don't have to mess around with moving files into the correct folders. You just use the RealFlight menu and pick the file you want to import (it can be anywhere on your computer) and RF handles the rest. Files are not transferred automatically in a multiplayer session.

I have already made several G3X files;)
We're all looking forward to seeing those soon! A public release date has not been announced yet, but I think most of the wait is over.